Desktop Computers

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had the same symptoms once a month or so in high and low intensity games (3700x/32gb/5700xt/msi gaming+ x570,) nothing seemed to fix it till I tweaked the SOC voltage up in the BIOS and made the system really unstable. Checking online the shitty MSI board's default soc voltage was 100-200mv above AMD's published spec. Set it to AMD's spec and haven't had that problem since.
Mind explaining that to the lamen?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mind explaining that to the lamen?
Motherboard default raises the voltage offset of the chip so it can run all-core turbo/overclocks more stable. But when actually running stock, that voltage is too high.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I'd be pretty damn pissed if it was claimed I used and damaged a product I didn't even open. I highly doubt this changes much though.

A Chinese company owns Newegg, that should tell you everything you need to know.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jovec

?
A Chinese company owns Newegg, that should tell you everything you need to know.

My personal experience leads me to trust them. I have spent a lot over the years at NE, and like their anit-patent troll stance. I have only ever set back one item (unopened, unused, new) to Newegg once and had no issue. I have had a DOA x570 mobo bought from Amazon (I missed the fine print saying it was used) and they took it back no issue. Also from Amazon a new Hue light bar set that was sold as new but had someone's well-used return inside. Both times I was worried that I would be denied and accused of being the one to break/swap the item in question.

Besides Amazon and Newegg, what online retailer to you all favor?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
My personal experience leads me to trust them. I have spent a lot over the years at NE, and like their anit-patent troll stance. I have only ever set back one item (unopened, unused, new) to Newegg once and had no issue. I have had a DOA x570 mobo bought from Amazon (I missed the fine print saying it was used) and they took it back no issue. Also from Amazon a new Hue light bar set that was sold as new but had someone's well-used return inside. Both times I was worried that I would be denied and accused of being the one to break/swap the item in question.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

B&H, Microcenter, Best Buy. But most of my stuff has been from Amazon or Newegg with very few issues.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I only buy from Newegg if they are the only choice. I'll go through Amazon even if it's more money. Their return policy prevents a lot of headaches.

There's already 250k views on that video, and it's at the top of /r/buildapcsales. Newegg really fucked up. lol

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I was looking to build a decent ish computer, but with it being impossible to get a reasonably priced graphics card I’ve been looking at prebuilts. Haven’t been keeping up with components recently, does this seem like a decent deal?

$1685. Also, apparently no tax so that is the final cost
CABLE: None
CAS: Apevia Genesis ATX Mid-Tower W/ tempered glass windows + 4x 120mm RGB fans [+7] (Black Color)
CC: None
COOLANT: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-12600KF 6P/12 + 4E 3.70GHz [Turbo 4.9GHz] 20MB Cache LGA1700 [w/o Integrated Graphic] [+6]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
ENGRAVING: None
FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 240EX ARGB 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
FREEBIE_MB: None
HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN570 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/3000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 460/450k (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 16GB (16GBx1) DDR5/5200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+90]
MICROPHONE: None
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME Z690-P WIFI ATX DDR5, Wi-Fi 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 4 PCIE X16, 1PCIE X1, 3X M.2 SATA/PCIE [+13]
MOUSE: CyberPowerPC Lyra 01 RGB 6-Color w/ 7 Button USB wired, 4200DPI Optical Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - CoolerMaster MWE GOLD 750 - V2 80 PLUS GOLD Ultra Quiet Full Modular Power Supply [+18]
PRO_WIRING: None
PROMOSALE1: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5] (Blue (Clicky))
RECOVERYUSB: None
RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 2 to 3 Weeks
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
USBHD: None
VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3060 12GB GDDR6 Video Card (Ampere) [VR Ready] [+195] (Single Card)
WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
WNC: None
WTV: None

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Computer Jesus is pissed.

You can see how pissed he is in the video where he drops F bombs, and in some parts, you can easily tell he's holding back.

I don't know if people don't realize or just don't care but Newegg is way far off from the company that it used to be since being bought out.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i only trust amazon, w/ the amount of abuse i put em through

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was looking to build a decent ish computer, but with it being impossible to get a reasonably priced graphics card I’ve been looking at prebuilts. Haven’t been keeping up with components recently, does this seem like a decent deal?

$1685. Also, apparently no tax so that is the final cost
CAS: Apevia Genesis ATX Mid-Tower W/ tempered glass windows + 4x 120mm RGB fans [+7] (Black Color)
CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-12600KF 6P/12 + 4E 3.70GHz [Turbo 4.9GHz] 20MB Cache LGA1700 [w/o Integrated Graphic] [+6]
FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 240EX ARGB 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN570 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/3000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 460/450k (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (16GBx1) DDR5/5200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+90]
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME Z690-P WIFI ATX DDR5, Wi-Fi 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 4 PCIE X16, 1PCIE X1, 3X M.2 SATA/PCIE [+13]
MOUSE: CyberPowerPC Lyra 01 RGB 6-Color w/ 7 Button USB wired, 4200DPI Optical Gaming Mouse
POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - CoolerMaster MWE GOLD 750 - V2 80 PLUS GOLD Ultra Quiet Full Modular Power Supply [+18]
PROMOSALE1: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5] (Blue (Clicky))
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3060 12GB GDDR6 Video Card (Ampere) [VR Ready] [+195] (Single Card)
thats about the standard price i've seen for prebuilts if you want a 3060

note, youre gonna pay up the ass for another stick of dd5 16gb

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
thats about the standard price i've seen for prebuilts if you want a 3060

note, youre gonna pay up the ass for another stick of dd5 16gb
Yeah I just spent some time looking into it a bit, changed it to be ddr4. DDR5 didn’t seem to justify the cost, mainly was thinking for future proofing but I’m sure it will be fine without it. But they also have a free 3600 ti upgrade today, so for $1610 it’s this now, I’ll likely add more ram later:

*BASE_PRICE: [+1439]
CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-12600K 6P/12 + 4E 3.70GHz [Turbo 4.9GHz] 20MB Cache LGA1700 [+30]
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME Z690-P WIFI DDR4 ATX Wi-Fi 6 2.5GbE LAN 4 PCIE X16 1PCIE X1 3X M.2 SATA/PCIE
VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 Video Card (Ampere) [VR Ready] [+195] (Single Card)
_PRICE: (+1694)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
25% off 32" G7s right now. I already had one and decided to grab two more at that price. My kids will be happy as they will get the hand me downs of my 3 x ASUS 27" MG278.

EDIT: Not sure why the image above says $700, they are actually $599.

1643826440639.png

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
25% off 32" G7s right now. I already had one and decided to grab two more at that price. My kids will be happy as they will get the hand me downs of my 3 x ASUS 27" MG278.

View attachment 396371
Couldn't do it. That curve was too much.

It's sad too, I would have loved this monitor if it was available in flat or at least less-curved.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

View attachment 396371
How has that monitor been for you? I took the LG UltraGear 32" monitor I got from Best Buy back (bright corner, and weird line down the center of the screen). Sadly, I let them give me store credit because I had thought I could get that G7 Odyssey (at the time it was apparently unavailable). Ended up ordering it from Walmart, should be here Saturday.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
How has that monitor been for you? I took the LG UltraGear 32" monitor I got from Best Buy back (bright corner, and weird line down the center of the screen). Sadly, I let them give me store credit because I had thought I could get that G7 Odyssey (at the time it was apparently unavailable). Ended up ordering it from Walmart, should be here Saturday.
Well I love it so much I bought two more, not sure I can give it a better review than that.

I personally love the curve and can honestly say this is the best monitor I have ever gamed on.