Desktop Computers

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Prob gonna get all that shit in Micro Center instead of Amazon. Ill get $20 off the Mo-Bo and the Proc is still cheaper at like $350.

BTW current setup is still crashing like every hour now in Destiny 2. Like I said I would not even bother with the shit if it was not for the crashes. It was crashing before in other games, but lately Destiy is breaking it, lol.

Ive tried all kinds of shti too. Ither than replace components. And nothing works. BRRRRAP sound, black screen and reboot.
That's almost certainly a power issue.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YOU think its power supply? Its a 650W in there but im sure its cheap ass china shit because its a prebuilt. BTW this is the second one too. I got the OG prebuilt replaced within a few weeks, he took my M2 and plugged it into brand new out of the box system they had there in Micro Center. And its the same shit happening. So whatever this is is like intrinsic to the prebuilt itself. (And yes I did replace the M2 drive since, since it was the only piece the 2 shared)

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
YOU think its power supply?
I had this exact same discussion more than 20 years ago with someone who built a fancy computer ... in an ugly case with the cheapest power supply humanly possible. The Chinese manufacturer didn't even bother to make up a brand for it.

If the PSU is old and cheap (or just cheap shit) it can happen that over time (and heat) one (or more) of the capacitors in the PSU leaked and now has reduced capacity. Most likely visible on the 12V rails, as those are what deliver the most power (as in: CPU and GPU). When this happens load swings in turn generate voltage swings, which then can lead to crashes.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
YOU think its power supply? Its a 650W in there but im sure its cheap ass china shit because its a prebuilt. BTW this is the second one too. I got the OG prebuilt replaced within a few weeks, he took my M2 and plugged it into brand new out of the box system they had there in Micro Center. And its the same shit happening. So whatever this is is like intrinsic to the prebuilt itself. (And yes I did replace the M2 drive since, since it was the only piece the 2 shared)
It's something power related, so if it's not the PSU (which I still think it is) it's something else. Are you plugged into a UPS that you might be overdrawing?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont think so but I can try to plug my workstation into another plug. Anyway I ordered that seasonic up above. Says its coming tomorrow so well see. Ill do a swap and report back.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Update.... So I put in the new PS 750 gold Seasonic from above and played like 30 min and its still doing it. PC shuts off.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Update.... So I put in the new PS 750 gold Seasonic from above and played like 30 min and its still doing it. PC shuts off.
Do you monitor temperatures? Is the CPU cooler not making contact with the CPU?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Temps are fine. That was the first thing I checked when it was happening. Ill play a bit more and report back temps.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
1648413370809.png

1648413653221.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I dunno, I'd setup logging to get a snapshot of voltages and temps just prior to the crash happening. Something is really fucky if this is happening on two different computers.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dunno, I'd setup logging to get a snapshot of voltages and temps just prior to the crash happening. Something is really fucky if this is happening on two different computers.
yep returned the first and they gave me a second BNIB. and I even replaced the M2 since that weas the only thing that carried over. So im at a loss. But to be honest the first comp was worse than this, On this one I played new world for hours with some crashes here and there but nothing like right now when I started playing Destiny 2 again.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Could check for bios updates for the motherboard, maybe it has something funky about it that got fixed or something if there are any

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ok just flashed the bios, so now well see.

Edit there was an update in there for 11th gen procs and 30 series video cards. Im just wondering if that udate was applied when they built it. lol

Last edited: