Desktop Computers

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Like 3 hours now and still good. I noticed that the micro stutters while playing Destiny2 are gone now too. Shit seems solid as a rock now. Who would of thought outdated bios. Also I think it was a one made by company or at least modified since they had the splash screen with PowerSpec on it, and now thats gone, MSI logo is there now. Good call jooka jooka on the bios. Ive never fucked with flashing bios before.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Still no crashes. Played for hours today and yesterday. I was like this close [-] to dropping $700+ for a mo-bo and new proc.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's pretty crazy how many "What the fuck is actually wrong" problems can be traced to either power supply, drivers being fucky, and things like super old bios on new hardware

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The BIOS that ships with boards the past 4 gens has been real bad. Stuff ships before the procs are even ready.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
On a pre built I would prob forget to do it but anytime I do a build it's one of the first things I'll check and update before even installing windows the first time

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Checking on the MSI site there was like 4-5 bios updates for this board since I bough this comp early last spring. And like I said, one of was support for 11th gen intel and 30 series nvidias, both which are in my system, which I guarantee were not updated on this model of PC. So it seems this board was released in the days of 10th gen and updated to support 11th gen which were the same socket? Its kinda odd for intel to do this since in the past every gen seemed to be its own new socket. This is why I never EVER had to update bios on an intel board. AMD on the other hand goes nuts with the same socket thing for several gens it seems like.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Checking on the MSI site there was like 4-5 bios updates for this board since I bough this comp early last spring. And like I said, one of was support for 11th gen intel and 30 series nvidias, both which are in my system, which I guarantee were not updated on this model of PC. So it seems this board was released in the days of 10th gen and updated to support 11th gen which were the same socket? Its kinda odd for intel to do this since in the past every gen seemed to be its own new socket. This is why I never EVER had to update bios on an intel board. AMD on the other hand goes nuts with the same socket thing for several gens it seems like.
Wait, what board is it?

Yes 10th and 11th gen were the same socket. Also calling them separate gens was kind of a joke.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Glad you got it figured out mkopec mkopec . Kinda lame as hell the Microcenter guy didn't think to check that though. Like sure, they would have benefited from you buying new shit there, but still should have had you try it rather than swapping out a whole system as "bad".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Glad you got it figured out mkopec mkopec . Kinda lame as hell the Microcenter guy didn't think to check that though. Like sure, they would have benefited from you buying new shit there, but still should have had you try it rather than swapping out a whole system as "bad".
They only replaced it because they were backed up as all hell. The tech dude told me it would be weeks before I got my shit back, so he offered me the swap. I talked to the tech dudes online for several days before going there trying to figure it out and it was the old, did you update the drivers BS. Never once mentioned the update to the bios.

Crone

Apparently, Hyte is a company owned by ibuypower but this case is making the rounds with all the tech tubers, and it looks freakin' sweet!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Worth watching the start of the video for the static discharge alone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

Apparently, Hyte is a company owned by ibuypower but this case is making the rounds with all the tech tubers, and it looks freakin' sweet!

This does actually look pretty cool. I like the hidden stuff on the bottom

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
New GPUs will make me finally upgrade from an 850w psu. Need to see if I’ll have to change cases from torrent for one that supports a larger psu.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Wondering if you guys could comment on a couple of gaming PCs I am looking at. I am shooting for about $2k or less. Based upon what I am seeing, this probably means I am going to getting some i7 variant and a 3070.

This seems like a pretty good deal. I am wondering about the cooling plan given that there are no top fans:

This one is a big bump in price (over budget too) for fairly minor bump in performance on the CPU and GPU. It seems like this is around the point where you say diminishing returns on the prices:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Wondering if you guys could comment on a couple of gaming PCs I am looking at. I am shooting for about $2k or less. Based upon what I am seeing, this probably means I am going to getting some i7 variant and a 3070.

This seems like a pretty good deal. I am wondering about the cooling plan given that there are no top fans:

This one is a big bump in price (over budget too) for fairly minor bump in performance on the CPU and GPU. It seems like this is around the point where you say diminishing returns on the prices:

GPUs are in stock on evga site, bb site, and newegg - no need to do prebuilts anymore

• 1Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
saw this and was interested. I haven't watched the whole thing or read any tech/spec reviews, but I like the unique design.

*edit
sorry Crone Crone , somehow I missed your post above.

• 1Like

Crone

saw this and was interested. I haven't watched the whole thing or read any tech/spec reviews, but I like the unique design.

\

**edit
sorry Crone, somehow I missed your post above.
All good! I really want to order it and build a computer in it just for fun, but I'm in an area that is hard to sell after-market computer parts. No one wants to spend the money they are worth. Lol