Desktop Computers

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That's the giant basically 3 monitor one? That's too gimmick for me, this looks pretty nice though.

Personally im waiting on one of the 45 inch QHD panels to come out. Sure the PPI will be shit but i honestly dont care. I also think the 4080 16gb will max 1440p@240hz and the pricing this time around is dumb and the 4080 12GB is not even a 4080 anymore.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I get the cables thing. I had to deal with it setting up my media PC under my stairwell (out of sight, out of mind) for my living room before finally giving up and spending the money on a wireless system for the video and peripherals. The delay from it makes it so we cant play games there, but that wasnt the point of that PC anyways.

Im just curious if what Linus has done is setup (basically) a master pc for the entire household. Having a chonky 32 core, 4090ti with 128 and plenty of storage would finally make sense if I can use the same computer in my living room, the basement den, my office, and my bedroom. Better yet, if my g/f can log into in one of those places under her own profile and we can use that same computer at the same time. (Which it sounded like Linus has figured out how to set it up just like that with him on one profile and the kids on another.)
Basically that's what he's done. It just mirrors to whichever screen he wants it on. I think it's hooked up to a PC monitor in 2 parts of the house, and his theater room. But only one person using it at a time

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I get the impression through a lot of videos over the years that it is something he’s interested in, probably isn’t the best way to do it, but he has a goal and wants to figure it out. At one point didn’t he even find a company making super expensive HDMI extenders? I’ll mess up whatever my memory is of it so stop trying. But he’s iterated a lot and keeps pushing it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Basically that's what he's done. It just mirrors to whichever screen he wants it on. I think it's hooked up to a PC monitor in 2 parts of the house, and his theater room. But only one person using it at a time
Just random google search, but what about a Virtual Desktop? This kind of stuff makes me nerd out a bit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I get the cables thing. I had to deal with it setting up my media PC under my stairwell (out of sight, out of mind) for my living room before finally giving up and spending the money on a wireless system for the video and peripherals. The delay from it makes it so we cant play games there, but that wasnt the point of that PC anyways.

Im just curious if what Linus has done is setup (basically) a master pc for the entire household. Having a chonky 32 core, 4090ti with 128 and plenty of storage would finally make sense if I can use the same computer in my living room, the basement den, my office, and my bedroom. Better yet, if my g/f can log into in one of those places under her own profile and we can use that same computer at the same time. (Which it sounded like Linus has figured out how to set it up just like that with him on one profile and the kids on another.)

first thing he said is wife doesn't want this
(b/c it failed in the old house)

i think from this failure?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I have a water build in mind that I want to do but I don’t like any of the cases that wood show the THOR oled display. However with aida64 I can make a sensor panel that shows the power draw , just get tired of having to make one.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
again he failed

wife probably just wants 4 computers in there so the 2 kids can just play mindcraft, idk why he's making it more difficult besides his failures being content

Daidraco

again he failed

wife probably just wants 4 computers in there so the 2 kids can just play mindcraft, idk why he's making it more difficult besides his failures being content
Wait so he finally got the tech figured out and anti-cheat told him to get fucked with the Virtual Desktops? Thats fucking lame.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
he's got a lot of money?

His wife had all the money actually thats how they were able to get off the ground

That aside i was considering a white build this year but dont want to fall into the trap of trying to get a white 4090. That being the case im thinking of using the Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO with a 3 rad setup - 2 up top 1 in front. Depends on how long it takes for water parts to become available for the gpu.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Linus reviews the new streamer PC company Starforge and Asmon reacts.

so this "boutique" company sends you, your 3500 pc in the same shipping box the pc case came in? that shoulda been the first thing linus called them out on, at least have the decency to rebrand it, couldn't watch further after that, this twitch guy kept on pausing all the time to defend himself.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
so this "boutique" company sends you, your 3500 pc in the same shipping box the pc case came in? that shoulda been the first thing linus called them out on, at least have the decency to rebrand it, couldn't watch further after that, this twitch guy kept on pausing all the time to defend himself.
Linus fucked up there. It came box in a box, but somone had removed it from the original "blank" box. They even have Linus in the dumpster seeing if he could find it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Linus fucked up there. It came box in a box, but somone had removed it from the original "blank" box. They even have Linus in the dumpster seeing if he could find it.
lulz he has like 200employees, he couldn't send that 1 asian guy who is 1 pink slip away from being deported back to ccp to dumpster dive?

*edit
come to think of it, why aren't the sjw's after him? he's only got 1black, i mean maybe thats why theyre successful

Daidraco

lulz he has like 200employees, he couldn't send that 1 asian guy who is 1 pink slip away from being deported back to ccp to dumpster dive?

*edit
come to think of it, why aren't the sjw's after him? he's only got 1black, i mean maybe thats why theyre successful
I still find it hard to believe he has enough money coming in for all of that shit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I still find it hard to believe he has enough money coming in for all of that shit.
if he wasn't such a hoarder, he'd have 10s of millions in capital if he just ebay'd all that free sponsor shit instead of just storing it all in plastic bins, like

ebay listing:
ltt wish computer, fully built computer w/ 1 windows 10license, NO SUPPORT, NO REFUNDS, AS IS

Malakriss

FYI the microsoft software swap reddit was banned today if you went there for your software keys.

• 2WTF
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users