Desktop Computers

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm switching from this Meshilicious back to my Cerberus X, this weekend. In other news I will have a Meshilicious for sale.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I need an easy way to micro-manage temp/fan speeds.

These things crank up way too hot when I’m playing Fortnite, but idk why.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The use-case is that during load it'll crank up, but the fan speed isn't necessarily reflecting the amount of load.

So, I want to be able to track temps in real time and adjust fan speed accordingly. Didn't Gutterflesh Gutterflesh post something recently? Would that meet this requirement.
Have you tried limiting your FPS to the monitor refresh rate or 1 below? I doubt you have a shitter PC - so I cant imagine a game like Fortnite being very demanding.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Have you tried limiting your FPS to the monitor refresh rate or 1 below? I doubt you have a shitter PC - so I cant imagine a game like Fortnite being very demanding.

My PC is top of the line w a 4090 etc, so it shouldn't be working that hard. I'll try that.

[edit] Looks like it's limited to 120 FPS...

Daidraco

My PC is top of the line w a 4090 etc, so it shouldn't be working that hard. I'll try that.

[edit] Looks like it's limited to 120 FPS...
Im not a Fortnite player or even have it installed - but a quick search has people at 240+ FPS in fortnite. VSYNC or something might be limiting yours. But if its limited, that proves that suggestion pointless. My system is a 13900/4090 and I have all my settings in COD set to Max/Ultra. It doesnt sound like a jet unless shit starts getting crazy but it quickly quiets back down.

As for something that gives good on the fly information - I have L-Connect. Im sure itll work for giving the information, but dont know if you'll be able to control non Lian-Li fans/lights with it.
LConnect.jpg

Hekotat

I need an easy way to micro-manage temp/fan speeds.

These things crank up way too hot when I’m playing Fortnite, but idk why.

I use open hardware monitor personally. I like it because I get a heads up display showing temps and current fan percentage.

First image is the heads up display you can lock into position somewhere or even have it "always on top". Second image is the menu to control the fans as well as tons of other information that you can hide if you see fit.

Discord_ZfuerzpN1k.png

OpenHardwareMonitor_6FBMiv5BEw.png

Daidraco

I use open hardware monitor personally. I like it because I get a heads up display showing temps and current fan percentage.

First image is the heads up display you can lock into position somewhere or even have it "always on top". Second image is the menu to control the fans as well as tons of other information that you can hide if you see fit.

View attachment 485971

View attachment 485972
I think thats the one Linus suggests, too. Its the same one that a lot of people put on their little 2x2 screens that they have on the inside of their computer, too. As much as that thing costs, I'll just stick to "always on top" if Im wanting to watch it that closely, lul.

Hekotat

I think thats the one Linus suggests, too. Its the same one that a lot of people put on their little 2x2 screens that they have on the inside of their computer, too. As much as that thing costs, I'll just stick to "always on top" if Im wanting to watch it that closely, lul.

As much as what costs? A small screen?

I leave it on my second monitor.

Daidraco

As much as what costs? A small screen?

I leave it on my second monitor.
I went to pull up examples and Ill be damned if they havent cratered in price since I even thought about it. The little USB monitor decks you can get for like 20-50 bucks now. Last I looked at them, they were a couple hundred+.

I try to keep my desktops really clean without icons which is where I got off on my tangent, I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 485971

View attachment 485972

Downloaded HWMONITOR, but where's the prompt to generate the display? Is that a separate download?