Desktop Computers

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
Disappointed there weren't any new "reasonable" monitors introduced at Computex. After the summer I want to buy a 1440p, 100Hz+, HDR screen with either G- or FreeSync together with the fastest Vega or a 1080Ti. But I haven't seen a single 1440p screen with HDR yet, let alone with the other specs I'm looking for (although xSync and high hertz are getting to be pretty standard).

Did I miss anything by any chance?

jeydax

Death and Taxes
D Dynalisia AFAIK - Nope, I don't think so. I've been watching too. So far both ASUS and Acer have announced 27" / 4K / 144 Hz / G-Sync / HDR / IPS but I don't think I've seen a 1440p offering with the same specs yet.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
My googlefu is failing me; is it ok to have a CPU watercooler mounted vertically? I've got a Corsair H55 currently mounted the usual way, with the tubes going directly right to the radiator/fan. I want to mount my computer on the wall such that all the cables (USB, DVI, ethernet, etc) go straight down, which would orient the tubes from the CPU straight up. Any issue?

jeydax

Death and Taxes
That'd be fine. The tubes/radiator will be mounted in the same direction as a top mounted radiator.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
W

Wrathcaster

So I recently decided to do a bit more upgrading after getting a new vidya card, my old i5 2500k wasn't cutting it anymore and my old ASRock Extreme 4 Pro weren't cutting it anymore. I purchased a MSI Z270 PRO Carbon and am planning to snag a i7 7600 in a few days. I'm still planning to keep my Antec 900 and just replace the mobo, but I'm a bit concerned about a cooling setup. The Kuhler liquid cooler I'm currently using fits pretty snugly, and I'm not exactly certain what might be the best option for me to go with.

A few questions, for anyone that has the time:

For light overclocking, is a liquid cooling setup going to be something I should absolutely invest in?

Any recommendations for a decent cooling system for my new processor and motherboard that would be work well with my case? Noise isn't an issue, doesn't bother me.

W

Wrathcaster

What's light OCing ? I OC my 6700k to 4.5ghz on air

I guess that was my way of saying I'm not going to be doing anything crazy, but would be interested in pushing the limits a few years down the road. It sounds like from what you're saying going the route of liquid cooling isn't a necessity.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My 7700 is at 4.83 or something close on air. Pretty sure it'd hit 5 but was waiting til the weekend.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So if I'm going to buy fans for my h110i to put it in push/pull and want it to be quiet, what should I be getting?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So if I'm going to buy fans for my h110i to put it in push/pull and want it to be quiet, what should I be getting?

They usually have RPM and Db ratings on the web sites that sell them. Obviously you want the most RPM and least Db.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I still rock my i2500k (AsROCK Gen 4 as well) 1070 GTX and no issues at all. Runs everything on max and 100 fps. What were you using your PC for @Wrathcaster ? I am guessing more than games.