Desktop Computers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Sooooooooo are you just going to edit in an Amazon link in later or do you want me to pm you my shipping address or what?
most video cards aren't even available dude, if you haven't gotten your hands on a 3070 or 2080, also you should wait a few days, youre practically a week out from black friday/cyber monday, it's also when most system builders have good deals too

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
most video cards aren't even available dude, if you haven't gotten your hands on a 3070 or 2080, also you should wait a few days, youre practically a week out from black friday/cyber monday, it's also when most system builders have good deals too
He's 100% fine with a 2070 super and whatever else.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
E62FB490-E633-4EEA-A80C-BB6321532CFF.jpeg

This could be going better. I need to redo both bends in the radiator tomorrow and it would maybe help if I measured things.

F06EF0B0-8CD4-4000-ABC8-04287C078944.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So after moving most components to my main rig from the test bench, the test bench has a 3080FE, 3600, and 650PSU and surprisingly it hasnt had any issues yet. I thought for sure 650w would be too little but when i had my thor in it never went over 490w in use so i guess it makes sense.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Ive seen the 5600x and 5800x come in stock on Amazon a couple times over the past few days but i havent been watching hawkishly in a while
They get botted out immediately. I've never been able to add them to a cart to even check if they're real. I'm on a notify discord just observing trends and everything is gone immediately.

I'm wanting a 5900 because 6 cores isn't actually enough in the real world when you aren't running a sanitized benchmarking computer like all the tech reviewers are. Most people have a bunch of tabs in a browser open, discord running, maybe a youtube video playing, and 15,692 different fucking game store launchers running in the background. And the 5800 is a higher TDP part and people are reporting much higher heat from only 2 more cores that is out of line with the 5900 and 5950 heat generation.

I'm curious to see how the AMD cards compete and what happens to nVidia's response as the 3080 is neat, but I want more memory on the damn thing. The TI will be a rip off, and won't be obtainable for months either but it's realistically the actual card to get.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lots of talks about monitors lately.... Have a friend that wants to spend $400 on 1440p, 144hz... 24-32" is what his monitor arms can handle so whatever in that range. Tempted to point him at those Monoprice monitors that I've seen recently.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So more or less done, have to change the loop when the EK 3090 waterblock is released but for now the 3080 can put in work.

I still have to do the sensor panel up and adjust the l-connect for the fans.

P8 Water Build

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So did covid fuck up all the stock on electronics or is the fact that everything released at the same time and their wasn't enough production plants to produce it all?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So did covid fuck up all the stock on electronics or is the fact that everything released at the same time and their wasn't enough production plants to produce it all?
It's a mix of huge influx of people working from home, reduced manufacturing for a good 4 months in the regions where the shit is made, and some big product launches.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It’s the fuckin scalpers, everything you want is on eBay or Facebook because scalping is the new “in” thing. More and more bot groups are coming up just to scalp.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!