Desktop Computers

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
After looking, I put all the damn case fans on the wrong direction. 3 fans bottom exhaust, 3 fans side exhaust, 3 fans top intake, with the 2 fans on the CPU cooler pointing towards the back with no fan on that back exhaust.

Is this worth fixing?
Yes, assuming you have a dedicated GPU. You definitely want the bottom fans intaking air directly into the GPU or else there's no real reason for the bottom fans to exist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, assuming you have a dedicated GPU. You definitely want the bottom fans intaking air directly into the GPU or else there's no real reason for the bottom fans to exist.
Think I'm going top and bottom intake, side exhaust

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
(Also depends on how much heat your CPU produces and how much cooling your motherboard VRMs need.)

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Think I'm going top and bottom intake, side exhaust
heat wants to go up. no point pulling in hot air from the top while the hot air is also moving up to get out.
1651357890843.png

generally speaking, bottom/front/side intake, top/back exhaust. you could turn the side into an exhaust, I suppose.

Steve went over several configs for this case.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
heat wants to go up. no point pulling in hot air from the top while the hot air is also moving up to get out.

If your rad is top mounted, exhaust/intake on it doesn't really make much difference - 1c at most.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 410369
generally speaking, bottom/front/side intake, top/back exhaust. you could turn the side into an exhaust, I suppose.

Steve went over several configs for this case.
In an airflow design, top fans can pull the front intake air out of the case before it ever gets a chance to cool stuff around the CPU socket, actually causing more problems. You generally do not want top fans too close to the front intakes.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The "based" setup on the O11D, non-XL version is top exhaust rad from the CPU, 3 side intake, and 3 bottom intake. However, hardware canucks I believe said the best temps were to limit the side intake to 1000rpm's for some reason?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Having had my computer water cooled for so long, you forget that video cards make noise. It's not like really loud or anything, but it's audible, and that feels weird.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Having had my computer water cooled for so long, you forget that video cards make noise. It's not like really loud or anything, but it's audible, and that feels weird.

I dont think the FEs make noise themselves, atleast i dont hear anything from my 3090 - However i could be wrong and just have music or something else drowning it out.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Should partner with corsair and their airflow cases, not Gigabyte home of exploding power supplies and other shenanigans.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Going to start looking to have a PC built, dont really know much about them though.
Any good resources or advice you guys can give me?
I'm looking at about 1500-2000 to spend

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Last edited: