Desktop Computers

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Helluva deal. 35 buck coupon, then a 60 buck rebate. 10 dollar case.

Seeing a $30 rebate not $60? Even then, very tempted to pick this up and sit on it. Originally wanted to build in one of these but the form factor is difficult to find PSUs etc at the time during the pandemic.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Aight, I need some help. I've been doing some searching but can't seem to find the answer I need. I'm planning a new PC build and I want to be able to play in 4k consistently (Even if at medium settings). I'm wondering if I can space out the build by piece-mealing the purchases in order to ease the damage on my wallet. So I'm thinking if I can get a 4090, PSU and monitor now will the rest of my rig be able to push 4k until I can get the Mobo/CPU/DDR5.

Current Setup
5800X
RTX 3080
750 PSU
32gb RAM 3200mhz CL16 XMP
ROG STRIX X570

If I add the 4090/PSU/4K Monitor will my CPU be able to handle it?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You'll be fine imo. I've been thinking about getting a 4090 as well, and I'm on basically the same cpu/ram/mobo, and I'm not even considering upgrading them

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Deal of the day for Prime Members: SAMSUNG 870 EVO SATA SSD 500GB 2.5” Internal Solid State Drive, Upgrade PC or Laptop Memory and Storage for IT Pros, Creators, Everyday Users, MZ-77E500B/AM Amazon.com

Some insane storage deals today. Probably going to cave and grab the 4TB for $170.

Hekotat

You'll be fine imo. I've been thinking about getting a 4090 as well, and I'm on basically the same cpu/ram/mobo, and I'm not even considering upgrading them

I just want the 4k monitor but in order to not get doodoo frames I have to but the 4090 and PSU. Building a whole new PC was quite fucking expensive compared to my current build. I am going top tier this time, but fucking A it's a lot higher than I thought it would be. I've also gotta pick out a new case since video cards are insanely massive these days. Figures I get into SFF builds and GPU size increase 4x.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just want the 4k monitor but in order to not get doodoo frames I have to but the 4090 and PSU. Building a whole new PC was quite fucking expensive compared to my current build. I am going top tier this time, but fucking A it's a lot higher than I thought it would be. I've also gotta pick out a new case since video cards are insanely massive these days. Figures I get into SFF builds and GPU size increase 4x.

Top of the line everything for me came out at like 3600ish by building it myself. Closest brand that had all the specs I wanted in it that was Pre-Built was a Falcon NW PC and that markup is fucking stupid. I rarely run into any problems running everything in 4k, except in really really shitty games that are coded like complete ass.

Hekotat

Top of the line everything for me came out at like 3600ish by building it myself. Closest brand that had all the specs I wanted in it that was Pre-Built was a Falcon NW PC and that markup is fucking stupid. I rarely run into any problems running everything in 4k, except in really really shitty games that are coded like complete ass.

Oh I'm definitely building myself. I'm just trying to space out the amounts if I can. Still not sure which monitor to pick, not sure I want curved and from what I'm seeing ultra-wide is still a shit show with a lot of games.

Most games seem to be coded like ass these days haha. I can deal with medium settings, I think the higher resolution will more than make up for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Oh I'm definitely building myself. I'm just trying to space out the amounts if I can. Still not sure which monitor to pick, not sure I want curved and from what I'm seeing ultra-wide is still a shit show with a lot of games.

Most games seem to be coded like ass these days haha. I can deal with medium settings, I think the higher resolution will more than make up for it.
I got this and love it. Not 4k, but everything else including oled. It's pretty nuts

Hekotat

I got this and love it. Not 4k, but everything else including oled. It's pretty nuts

I've got some 27" monitors now, I'd like to move up to a much larger size, I think a 50" is too large, but maybe a 34" to 40".

I'm kind of shocked LG makes good stuff, I know Brahma is rocking one too. Most their stuff I've had in the past just seems like garbage. When I worked for a company that made their silicon wafers I assumed it was due to how their specs were so loose compared to Samsung and others that it made me write off their stuff all together.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

If it hasn't been said yet make sure your case can fit the 4090. Unless you get some 90 degree adapters the power connectors can stick out pretty far.

Hekotat

If it hasn't been said yet make sure your case can fit the 4090. Unless you get some 90 degree adapters the power connectors can stick out pretty far.

Yeah that's been the biggest problem so far. I really don't want a full size case but I may not have an option.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just get a bigger case, otherwise 90degree adapters will burn your house down!

Kais

<Gold Donor>
The 5800X3D is stupid cheap for what it is, and i'm tempted to upgrade from my 5600. Top out the AM4 platform i'm currently running in a hope to get another year or two out of it. Real world game performance, would this be really that much of a difference?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've got some 27" monitors now, I'd like to move up to a much larger size, I think a 50" is too large, but maybe a 34" to 40".

I'm kind of shocked LG makes good stuff, I know Brahma is rocking one too. Most their stuff I've had in the past just seems like garbage. When I worked for a company that made their silicon wafers I assumed it was due to how their specs were so loose compared to Samsung and others that it made me write off their stuff all together.
I always think that, but I had a 32 inch in the past and it was just too big for PC use. If I was going to do anything different it would be ultrawide, but I can't convince myself I'd like it enough to want to deal with the weird shit it would require

Hekotat

I always think that, but I had a 32 inch in the past and it was just too big for PC use. If I was going to do anything different it would be ultrawide, but I can't convince myself I'd like it enough to want to deal with the weird shit it would require
32" might be the sweet spot for me at the distance I want them from my face.