Why is this so amusing?
Turns your case into a
1709966401920.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
New PC is all set up now , AMD 7800X3d & 7900 XTX . Cooling the CPU w/ a Deepcool 360 AIO unit. I am still getting W11 set up etc, so I have not messed with undervolting. I am curious if 80+C temps are normal though? I'm seeing like 82C w/ less than 10% CPU activity. My previous 3950X never got above 75 and had 16 physical cores.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My 7800X3D maxes out at 80C when PoE punishes it during map loading. It maxes out multiple cores for ~5s. I guess shader cache activity unintuitively hits the CPU? I have a peerless assassin 120 on it. A similar setup at gamersnexus maxed out around 75C.

When I had similar questions earlier in this thread, someone said the temperatures I was seeing was relatively normal due to the insulation inherent in 3DCache. However, for less then 10% activity, that seems high.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
My 7800X3D maxes out at 80C when PoE punishes it during map loading. It maxes out multiple cores for ~5s. I guess shader cache activity unintuitively hits the CPU? I have a peerless assassin 120 on it. A similar setup at gamersnexus maxed out around 75C.

When I had similar questions earlier in this thread, someone said the temperatures I was seeing was relatively normal due to the insulation inherent in 3DCache. However, for less then 10% activity, that seems high.

"10%" is still a fully loaded and boosted core. You're also comparing hotspot to edge temperature readings.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
"10%" is still a fully loaded and boosted core. You're also comparing hotspot to edge temperature readings.
Which one should I be benchmarking in hwmonitor? I'm not at home now, I think it has a hotspot for my 7800XT, but I seem to recall "core", "package", and I think "ccd" for the 7800X3D.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I've built PCs in the past but I'm so swamped right now with life that a pre-built might be in my future.

Any thoughts on this guy for $1899US

• Windows 11 Home
  • Intel Core i7 14700KF Processor
  • MSI Ventus RTX 4070 TI GPU
  • MSI B760-VC Motherboard
  • TeamGroup Delta RGB 32GB RAM
  • Kingston 1TB NVMe SSD
  • Thermaltake 240MM RGB Liquid Cooler
  • ABS ATX 750W PSU
  • ABS Stratos S200 Case
  • 18.11" x 8.27" x 15.56" Dimension
  • WiFi and Bluetooth enabled
  • VR Ready
I currently run a GTX 1080 founders edtion on a DELL AW3418DW

I mostly play Vampire Survivors.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
New PC is all set up now , AMD 7800X3d & 7900 XTX . Cooling the CPU w/ a Deepcool 360 AIO unit. I am still getting W11 set up etc, so I have not messed with undervolting. I am curious if 80+C temps are normal though? I'm seeing like 82C w/ less than 10% CPU activity. My previous 3950X never got above 75 and had 16 physical cores.
if you know you did everything right
remove the thermal paste sticker lulz (or use new thermal paste)
seat it properly
pump and fans connected and running well or on curves

and youre at 80c idle? you got software issue somewhere.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
if you know you did everything right
remove the thermal paste sticker lulz (or use new thermal paste)
seat it properly
pump and fans connected and running well or on curves

and youre at 80c idle? you got software issue somewhere.
not idle, right now I'm 48C @ 1%. Just under a light load. There wasn't a sticker and It could be bad paste, it's a new one I haven't used before. Simple question was is 80C normal for these? Yes/No.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
not idle, right now I'm 48C @ 1%. Just under a light load. There wasn't a sticker and It could be bad paste, it's a new one I haven't used before. Simple question was is 80C normal for these? Yes/No.
obviously not, w/ wc you should be at like 62c gaming

80c on water is really only when prime95 is hitting it

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AMD software sets their fan curves based on hotspot temp so it's a valid problem even if the system is at 65C but the hotspot flips 80

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Hmm , meds fucking with me I guess. I did not see previous answers except Lanx Lanx . Sorry bro if that seemed like I bit your head off. Truth is you reminded me about Prime95 (another memory they pulled out with the tumor I guess).
I was concerned about the temps , I was using L-Connect 3's resource monitor to check temps and the noise of the fans as well. Just loaded Prime95 , said fuck it and ran it at 100% load for about an hour. Not sure if that got the thermal paste to seat better or what but it never got out of the low 60's in HWMonitor.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I've built PCs in the past but I'm so swamped right now with life that a pre-built might be in my future.

• Windows 11 Home
  • Kingston 1TB NVMe SSD
  • ABS ATX 750W PSU
  • ABS Stratos S200 Case
  • VR Ready

You fucking nerds, help me! I even posted a funny.

Also, I love you.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

I mean if you don't buy from a quality SI and instead save some dollars on Newegg, you're just much more likely to have to tweak things, fix some items, RMA, etc. The parts are just whatever they are, but the labor can be a poor value if you're looking for quality.

It takes like an hour to put together a modern PC if you're being careful.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
You fucking nerds, help me! I even posted a funny.

Also, I love you.
Sorry bro,

Specs seem fine and it looks like they use off the shelf parts - good if you want to upgrade something in the future. If it fits the budget, go for it. I get it that real life doesn't allow time to build PC's and you may just not want to fuck with it. Like others said , read reviews. You can also put the pieces in PCPartPicker and get some idea of if you are getting ripped off or not.

And I love you too.

• 1Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

• Windows 11 Home
  • Kingston 1TB NVMe SSD
  • ABS ATX 750W PSU
  • ABS Stratos S200 Case
  • VR Ready

Well, a couple of complaints, but they might not be easy to get in a prebuilt without scaling up everything unless it has config options though. You've only got two nvme slots, so using one of them on a 1tb drive is a bit of a waste, and it being your system drive makes it a bit more annoying to swap out (I just did that this weekend, and it was a pain in my ass ). 4tb nvmes are 2-300. Also, ram is cheap as shit now. 64g pairs are like 150. Both definitely worth the cash imo.

• 1Like