Desktop Computers

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2ish years is a bit of overstatement isnt it? I bought my rig at the beginning of covid in 2021 and its still perfectly fine today with my 3070. Plays everything I throw at it. Also fuck paying $1200+ for a video card.
I dunno, just saying that your next upgrade might be a LOT more than you think it will be. I got a pretty beastly machine when the 1080ti first came out, and I didn't upgrade it until just before the 4000 series came out (got a 3090ti when their prices dropped... didn't get a new machine entirely, but upgraded cpu and video card). If I didn't do some dev work, I'd probably still be ok with the 1080ti. If I'd gotten a 1070/1060 instead, I'd have needed an upgrade long before now.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My next rig will be my first SFF PC but going to see if i can fit a 5090 into an NCORE Max when the time comes :D

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I’m eagerly awaiting to see the specs of a 5090 and if they’re going to push wattage to 600 finally.
Hell, a 4090 strix paired with a 13900 intel already acts like a heater. It literally keeps my A/C going non-stop when I'm playing something intensive. Theyre going to have to do something drastically different eventually - because a 50x0 series and a 14x00 series paired is going to be obnoxious.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah. I’m wondering if anybody has a total system wattage that becomes “this power density is bad” or what.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anything that can run on a single 115v is not that dangerous.

• 1Moron

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Fl too damn hot, i dont miss those cold as winters in OH but i sure as shit miss basements and never walking into a warm room due to PC heat.

• 1Like

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Fl too damn hot, i dont miss those cold as winters in OH but i sure as shit miss basements and never walking into a warm room due to PC heat.

I live in Minnesota and just got kicked out of my office upstairs to a corner of the house we basically never step foot in. I should have done this years ago. It's so much cooler in my new area and with a 13900k and 4090 my old office was legit at 84 degrees almost constantly. My idle temps legit dropped 5deg C in the new area.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I live in Minnesota and just got kicked out of my office upstairs to a corner of the house we basically never step foot in. I should have done this years ago. It's so much cooler in my new area and with a 13900k and 4090 my old office was legit at 84 degrees almost constantly. My idle temps legit dropped 5deg C in the new area.

Yeah man, i fuckin miss lower ambient temps. Basements are something you miss when its gone. I had 3 rigs on full time and it was always nice and cool. Now just one means i need to kick on cent a/c.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Yeah man, i fuckin miss lower ambient temps. Basements are something you miss when its gone. I had 3 rigs on full time and it was always nice and cool. Now just one means i need to kick on cent a/c.
I have lived where it's hot all my life and basements were not a thing. I learned a long time ago to put a wall unit in the room with the PC's as it's easier/cheaper to cool one room than a whole house. The Midea unit I have now is so quiet you barely know it's on half the time.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The Midea unit I have now

Advice Madea GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
lol the gif is the best because you can hear hrim say it in your head!
My wife has a football shaped keychain that has buttons which play Madea sayings. That's one of them. It's hilarious.

EDIT: Found it, this is the one.

7265dc374927bfc6ac58c084b4b0a9c2.jpg

• 1Worf

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
my current desktop is about 4 years old. it still works well but i m staring to think of an upgrade. I prefer prebuilt. i am looking for a ryzen processor and a minimum of 2T storage for my games. Any input would be appreciated I have a good sized budget of about 2 to 3 k. I already own a 4k moniter.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
my current desktop is about 4 years old. it still works well but i m staring to think of an upgrade. I prefer prebuilt. i am looking for a ryzen processor and a minimum of 2T storage for my games. Any input would be appreciated I have a good sized budget of about 2 to 3 k. I already own a 4k moniter.
I’d probably go with Starforge for prebuilt. I have no experience with them myself but I’ve seen a bunch of good reviews. Gamers Nexus review is the one that made me lean towards them if I ever went with a prebuilt.