Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Been playing Destiny lately, its still fucking awesome. Also controller from couch > m + k. I hope D2 doesnt blow cock. Pls.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I immensly enjoyed the first, had over 800 hrs played. I cant see them making it worse, lol.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Controllers hurt my hand if I play for more than like 20 minutes which is mostly the reason I would never play any type of MMO with a controller

also it's fucking aids for fps, it's not that I can't play or get better with a controller it's just that it feels like shit in FPS games but that's just me

Its not just you, this is an objective truth about FPS gaming. In the same way SJW Postmodernists have a flawed perspective about all the details in the truth equation of reality, controller FPS defenders are not sufficiently knowledgeable or good enough to have experienced or understand what its like to play Quake (Champions) (Unreal and its ilk as well) at high levels of skill on a keyboard and mouse. FPS games are objectively faster in their gameplay.

Cross-platform Rocket league works out for all consoles and the PC, because the controller is the king of the highest tier of play. If PC rocket league was restricted to mouse/keyboard inputs only. It would need a separate ladder if you couldn't also use a controller on your PC. Since all three platforms have access to the native version of the controls this works well. PC now has advantages but they are restricted to framerate and display latency rather than input.

If Destiny 2 were to allows cross play PVP, PC M/KB vs Console controllers. The inferiority of the controller would cause the experience for controller players to be absolute shit. This will never happen, and by this proof, because it will never happen.

M/KB has won the argument. To play on any other scheme is inferior unenjoyable blasphemy if you are part of the enlightenment.

Once you know individuality, returning to the collective is not appealing in the slightest.

Bowling with bumpers, Batting with a Tee, Riding a bike with training wheels. These are not challenges one seeks out and returns to. Not all of us can be ski down from the summits of mountains, but those of us who can in the FPS realm play with M/KB.

There is no counter argument other than one filled with feels.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah the first one was great when it was released. It had some problems and QoL issues, but nothing bad enough to really detract. It's unfortunate that each patch and each expansion did more to add problems than to fix the existing ones. And each expansion reduced to amount of useful content.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Its not just you, this is an objective truth about FPS gaming. In the same way SJW Postmodernists have a flawed perspective about all the details in the truth equation of reality, controller FPS defenders are not sufficiently knowledgeable or good enough to have experienced or understand what its like to play Quake (Champions) (Unreal and its ilk as well) at high levels of skill on a keyboard and mouse. FPS games are objectively faster in their gameplay.

Cross-platform Rocket league works out for all consoles and the PC, because the controller is the king of the highest tier of play. If PC rocket league was restricted to mouse/keyboard inputs only. It would need a separate ladder if you couldn't also use a controller on your PC. Since all three platforms have access to the native version of the controls this works well. PC now has advantages but they are restricted to framerate and display latency rather than input.

If Destiny 2 were to allows cross play PVP, PC M/KB vs Console controllers. The inferiority of the controller would cause the experience for controller players to be absolute shit. This will never happen, and by this proof, because it will never happen.

M/KB has won the argument. To play on any other scheme is inferior unenjoyable blasphemy if you are part of the enlightenment.

Once you know individuality, returning to the collective is not appealing in the slightest.

Bowling with bumpers, Batting with a Tee, Riding a bike with training wheels. These are not challenges one seeks out and returns to. Not all of us can be ski down from the summits of mountains, but those of us who can in the FPS realm play with M/KB.

There is no counter argument other than one filled with feels.
You should tell MLB that they are using the wrong bats since composite ones are objectively better

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
So your counter argument is that for personal safety reason, players can't be exposed to the high speed velocities of M/KB gameplay given the explosive badassery of top tier m/kb FPS players?

I actually agree. Console players can't be exposed to the absolute beat down they would face if cross platform pvp was enabled.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
even so, you can still use your controller on PC if you really want so why not have the game on more platforms? shiet

Xevy

Log Wizard
You should tell MLB that they are using the wrong bats since composite ones are objectively better

The Golden Gun was much better than the Klob. Everyone should've just used the Golden Gun.

Also, mouse k/b or controller. 85% of it is the player themselves. I've dicked on mouse jockies and dicked on controller jockies. I've beaten the "OH YEAH I SUCK AT CONTROLLER BUT WATCH ME ON MOUSE/KEYBOARD" guys a BILLION fucking times when they finally get to play against me on PC games instead of XB1 games. My favorite is "yeah, I don't do controllers. I'm pretty good at Counter Strike on PC though". (They're not)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The Golden Gun was much better than the Klob. Everyone should've just used the Golden Gun.

Also, mouse k/b or controller. 85% of it is the player themselves. I've dicked on mouse jockies and dicked on controller jockies. I've beaten the "OH YEAH I SUCK AT CONTROLLER BUT WATCH ME ON MOUSE/KEYBOARD" guys a BILLION fucking times when they finally get to play against me on PC games instead of XB1 games. My favorite is "yeah, I don't do controllers. I'm pretty good at Counter Strike on PC though". (They're not)
Once you are past the familiarization stage of a controller you will pretty much be in the same range as KBM. If you are around the 25th percentile with KBM against other KBM players then you will be the same with controller vs. controller. People that suck with controllers almost to a person suck with KBM too.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I actually agree. Console players can't be exposed to the absolute beat down they would face if cross platform pvp was enabled.
I think you are arguing with yourself on that one buddy. No one here has claimed that KBM isn't the "better" of the two in that way. Take the exact same skill level players and put one with controller and one with KBM and the KBM player will win pretty much every time.

And that's exactly why FPSs on console don't cross play with PC or allow KBM as a control method. The second they do that, playing with a controller becomes a liability and the majority of players who play a console sitting back on a couch will quit playing that game.

Again, just L2P.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It is much harder to control a controller then it is a Kb/M. The amount of precision needed is actually harder with a controller since you have limited space and can only fuck with sensitivity to a certain degree. You obviously can obtain a higher level of overall precision with a kb/m then a controller because of this.

I can't disagree more though that people who suck with controllers also suck with KB/M. The motor skills are nothing alike. I can set my game options for low sensitivity in a kb/m game and snap my wrist with consistency 6 inches or whatever that it takes to cover a certain amount of the screen. I do that same thing with a controller and I look like a keyboard turner. The motor functions just aren't in the same category.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It is much harder to control a controller then it is a Kb/M. The amount of precision needed is actually harder with a controller since you have limited space and can only fuck with sensitivity to a certain degree. You obviously can obtain a higher level of overall precision with a kb/m then a controller because of this.

I can't disagree more though that people who suck with controllers also suck with KB/M. The motor skills are nothing alike. I can set my game options for low sensitivity in a kb/m game and snap my wrist with consistency 6 inches or whatever that it takes to cover a certain amount of the screen. I do that same thing with a controller and I look like a keyboard turner. The motor functions just aren't in the same category.
But it's all relative. Anyone can set the game options to low sensitivity and jerk their arm around. And you will get your shit pushed in by people who are actually good, just like if you did the same on a controller.

I'm not trying to argue that you wouldn't be better with KBM than with a controller, just that your skill relative to everyone else you are playing against doesn't change much.

The people that say they suck with a controller but are great with KBM either haven't used a controller enough to get used to the controls or they aren't really that good with KBM either