Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh. It's really not an apples to apples comparison though.

It's not relative. It's an orange.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But it's all relative. Anyone can set the game options to low sensitivity and jerk their arm around. And you will get your shit pushed in by people who are actually good, just like if you did the same on a controller.

I'm not trying to argue that you wouldn't be better with KBM than with a controller, just that your skill relative to everyone else you are playing against doesn't change much.

The people that say they suck with a controller but are great with KBM either haven't used a controller enough to get used to the controls or they aren't really that good with KBM either

If you set low sensitivity on a controller and jerk your thumb to the edge as fast as you can it will not have the same effect as doing the same with a mouse. This is not debatable. You do realize most pros use low sensitivity right?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean they're two separate types of control devices, mice track absolute location and controllers track relative location. Absolute is always going to win because there is no elapse time and muscle memory can develop to precision that you can't find on a controller. That's like arguing a really fast space ship is faster than a teleporter, it just doesn't make sense.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Console users generally benefit from some sort of aim correction that PC users donlt get. Destiny 1 is a prime example of that with its ability to snap to a target and its easily abused by proficient players.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
All you need to do is remove aim assit and then compare M+KB with controller, lol. There is a reason why all console shooters have aim assist. Try that drag scoping that works for you 99% of the time on controller without aim assist and see how that works out for you.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
No one really argues that k + m isn't more precise than a controller. The argument is that when the playing field is even, the game is just as good. The people that always start this cripple fight are pc-only fags needing to affirm their self perceived superiority.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
still-a-better-story-than-twil-actually-nevermind-its-not-13599712.png

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And I will also just place this right here for a reminder:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Top selling game, top 10 streamed game for 2 yrs, yeah it sucked man, feels bad. But them bullet sponges and story!, where is my story?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'll be on some tonight Utnayan Utnayan and for sure Sat night.

The game was absolute shit prior to Taken King, defending it before that point is hilarious.

YES!

Mkopec, I loved TKK and when they actually did something with the loot garbage (And had to fly in the Diablo team to tell them what to do because they didn't have a clue lol)

It will be interesting to see if they come out with the same abortion Destiny vanilla was, or if they actually learned how to make a compelling and addictive game that it should have been. Like anything (Not trolling) it's always the second game which shows the real results of the first's success. Case in point - everyone and their mom bought Watchdogs. Watchdogs 2, even though better, didn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Why? People fall for the hype, and won't get burned again.

Watch Dogs 2 launch sales nowhere near Watch Dogs 1

Same for when Ass. Creed unity hit and sold a metric ton because of the success of Blackflag. Look what happened the year after with syndicate:

Assassin's Creed Syndicate sales "clearly" impacted by Unity

I am willing to bet Destiny 2 will see a VERY slow trickle of sales and if good, may still never fully recover from the abortion that was Destiny 1 and it's first two cut content expansion packs.

This is a cycle that has been repeating since Medal of Honor.

So while one can say the first did well financially (Which it did), the second game is always the judging factor on if the game was actually good, or if people fell for the hype and are trying to sugar coat it. For me personally, if it is more of TKK style gaming, I am all in. However, there are a lot of pissed off people out there. And regardless, because of the Destiny/Bungie screw job, I will be VERY cautious to even consider a day one purchase.

Basically, it proves that gaming consumers aren't lemmings and easily conned :) Which is a good thing my man.

Last edited:

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The fact it is on PC this time has a ton of streamers already talking about it being their main game. It's going to do huge initial numbers and if they can correct some of the mistakes that were made on the first game it could be an even bigger success then the first. Bungie is not some shit company and I think they actually will learn from their mistakes.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The game was absolute shit prior to Taken King, defending it before that point is hilarious.
Wut. The game was the best before any expansion. Bugs and shitty QoL decisions and all. I might be biased because the part I enjoyed most in the game is raiding and VoG was by far the best.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The fact it is on PC this time has a ton of streamers already talking about it being their main game. It's going to do huge initial numbers and if they can correct some of the mistakes that were made on the first game it could be an even bigger success then the first. Bungie is not some shit company and I think they actually will learn from their mistakes.

Correction: Bungie wasn't a shit company while under Microsoft. Under Activision, it is a whole 'nother beast. When I see their lead director doing an interview and talking about how emotes bring needed value to their game and charging for them (I get it... Overwatch does this but you can also earn them in game) while ignoring everything else wrong, they need to buckle up and fire that idiot or get prepared for more mediocre.

Either way, we will see how truly well Destiny did when that sequel hits. If it sells through the roof? Most people have good memories. If it stalls in the 2 week launch window, you know people are still pissed off and are overly cautious. And honestly, it is pretty polarized to be fair. Either people love it, or people feel burned.

Also, most of the good people at Bungie left. No offense Abe and this isn't aimed at you; we all need to remember the people make the place and these dev houses are being tossed around from past success as a brand name. The only people that seem to keep their talent are folks like Naughty Dog.

Also, to be fair, I wouldn't be as harsh on the game if we weren't spoon fed a bunch of unethical false marketing spinster shit for a year prior to launch.

Last edited:

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Correction: Bungie wasn't a shit company while under Microsoft. Under Activision, it is a whole 'nother beast. When I see their lead director doing an interview and talking about how emotes bring needed value to their game and charging for them (I get it... Overwatch does this but you can also earn them in game) while ignoring everything else wrong, they need to buckle up and fire that idiot or get prepared for more mediocre.

Either way, we will see how truly well Destiny did when that sequel hits. If it sells through the roof? Most people have good memories. If it stalls in the 2 week launch window, you know people are still pissed off and are overly cautious. And honestly, it is pretty polarized to be fair. Either people love it, or people feel burned.

Also, most of the good people at Bungie left. No offense Abe and this isn't aimed at you; we all need to remember the people make the place and these dev houses are being tossed around from past success as a brand name. The only people that seem to keep their talent are folks like Naughty Dog.

Also, to be fair, I wouldn't be as harsh on the game if we weren't spoon fed a bunch of unethical false marketing spinster shit for a year prior to launch.

You pre-ordered I mean "lost a bet" the collectors edition didn't you.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I been playing on and off since it came out and havent touched a single raid. The pvp has been awesome, as long as it stays as balanced but varied at the same time, it will be very popular. They just need to add ranking.