Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just did the Leviathan raid last night for the very first time. That shit was amazing!! I'm sure I'll get sick of it, but for right now, that was awesome!

Would love to run heroic strikes, but even destinyLFG doesn't have anyone doing them. :(
Heroic strikes have a built in matchmaker.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Started playing again really casually with a friend, hope we can drag it out til the next expansion where they fix everything (Hopefully).

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone know the weekly rotation of events?

It changes so much that it would be difficult to compile. I usually check the TWAB to see what is coming up. Solstice of Heroes is coming up this week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
So Destiny 2 did a cool thing this weekend. Limited exotic weapon event that ran Friday to Monday resets and granted people that completed it the Black Hammer exotic from D1 basically. I couldn't get it but got close, looking forward to knocking this out this weekend when it comes back.

Ladro

Anomaly
So wahts supposedly changing this next big expansion? Is it going to be the TTK of D2?

It might be... the stuff happening in this DLC is definitely changing the game for the better. I felt like there was a lot more to do and get. This last weekend was one of the best things that has happened to not only the community as a whole but to the game. It brought back the limited time gated weapon grind, which yeah it sucks and has it's faults, but is totally classic Destiny. I haven't played as much as I have been since D1 honestly. With random rolls, the Dreaming City stuff, and more quests/weapons like The Whisper, it could be it's TKK moment unless they shit the bed completely. Who knows.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Me and the kid just started playing. He wanted to make a Titan so I ran the whole story and 2dlcs with him. Only thing that sucks is the power caps on shit. So they want me to do weeklies to grind out 40 light levels? I cant even do heroic strikes because im stuck at 245 and they are like 250+? This shit is retarded. I mean, I dont mind a grind, shit I love grinding, but it seems like this game tries to stop you from doing so at every turn.

Anyways, itts my only gripe. I wish they made it more like D1, where you can grind your shit out save the last 10-15 or so light levels which was always hidden/locked behind raids/trials. Fuck this weekly shit. The rate im going, its gonna take like 5 weeks to get to 270+

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Yeah they swung the pendulum back towards grindy weekly content because everyone complained there was nothing to do and they were hitting max power in a week. You can hit 355 easily though and should be there after doing all the leveling content. If you're not, just run a couple normal strikes and then do your milestones. Heroics aren't that bad any more since you should be able to get someone whos ~385 running it with you.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
In d1 we had random rolls to grind. Iron banner, crucible, strike loot, every purple engram was valuable. Light level should not be the grind, guns and gear should be. I can't believe they are missing this core aspect of what made d1 great and this game a turd.

Ladro

Anomaly
In d1 we had random rolls to grind. Iron banner, crucible, strike loot, every purple engram was valuable. Light level should not be the grind, guns and gear should be. I can't believe they are missing this core aspect of what made d1 great and this game a turd.

Supposedly that will change with the xpac, we'll see.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
When The Taken King came out there wasn't a whole lot else to play - Mad Max, Metal Gear Solid 5 were two weeks earlier, and the next big game (besides sports) wasn't until Assassins Creed Syndicate 5 weeks later. They basically had a 4 week window where you could play Destiny 24x7 and nothing else, and it was freaking awesome on Oryx's mothership.

We have a fuck ton of great games in Sept/Oct this year though - Spiderman on Sep 7th which is probably gonna be GOTY tier, Shadow of the Tomb Raider a week later, then just a fuck ton of games in Oct including COD, Battlefield, Forza Horizon 4, Assassins Creed, and the big daddy Red Dead Redemption 2 Oct 26th. Usually Battlefield/COD space themselves out between Oct/Nov but they are all dropping early this year. Thats not including whatever Nintendo is putting out either.

I guess its better than them putting out in Oct but right now I just don't care about Destiny 2 at all, maybe if everyone is still super hyped about the xpac a few months later I'll check it out but right now I wanna play Spider Man and FH4 way more.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I get what yorue saying, but there will always be hard core Destiny fans that will buy it and play it. This game is a different experience than the rest of those on your list.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
From what I've read on Forsaken they are changing the following.

Shader system revamp to be more like D1
Shotguns in special slot rather than power weapon slot
3 more supers per class (May have read that wrong)
Gun rolls like in D1, where you're always chasing the god roll
and more.

Also, whom is in charge of the clan on PS4? I need to get my bro in.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
From what I've read on Forsaken they are changing the following.

Shader system revamp to be more like D1
Shotguns in special slot rather than power weapon slot
3 more supers per class (May have read that wrong)
Gun rolls like in D1, where you're always chasing the god roll
and more.

Also, whom is in charge of the clan on PS4? I need to get my bro in.
Not just shotguns in new slots. Revamp of whole weapon slot system. Hasn’t been explained in detail yet but pretty much any gun can go in any slot (but if you run with 3 shotguns equipped, for example, they share an ammo pool)

Ladro

Anomaly
Not just shotguns in new slots. Revamp of whole weapon slot system. Hasn’t been explained in detail yet but pretty much any gun can go in any slot (but if you run with 3 shotguns equipped, for example, they share an ammo pool)

It's been explained I think, basically any weapon in any slot but they share ammo bricks. So shotgun will use power ammo regardless of slot.

But starting with Forsaken, a number of weapon classes won’t necessarily pin them to a particular slot; instead, weapons will be identified as a Kinetic, Energy, or Power weapon. For example, instead of a shotgun always being a Power weapon (like all shotguns are currently in Destiny 2), in Forsaken players will find Kinetic and Energy shotguns, which are specific to those particular weapon slots. As shown in the ViDoc that revealed Forsaken, that means players could run three shotguns if they wanted to. The same goes for sniper rifles, with some being Kinetic and equipped in the first weapon slot, and so on.

• 1Like