Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
dev_roadmap_07_25_18_1.jpg

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
YOu guys have a PC clan? The clan im in is dead.
Couple different clans on these boards. Jorren Jorren has a pretty active clan I think that the leader is a D2 streamer? I was in it for a short time and all the clan stuff was for sure getting done every week.

I'm also in a pretty chill clan that has a pretty active bunch of guys that just shoot the shit all day about Destiny on Discord. Lol. They organize raids, and help out with the milestones. It's also related to a Diablo 3 streamer I watch, but he gets on every Saturday morning with his teenage son and does Destiny raids or whatever. Lol

So a couple options!

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How I feel when I *see* new exotics.

giphy (1).gif

tenor.gif

How I feel when I actually get my hands on them.

fox-mulder (1).gif

Here's to hoping they remain as cool as they look

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
To be fair, some of these seem game breaking. They are definitely going the "You want crazy? Okay, hold my beer." route. I have hope based on the recent changes they made to armor.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yah the titan boots that ricochet rounds look silly fun but super hard to pull off. Can't wait to use the bows myself, even though they don't look the most insane, I dunno, there is something about bows in FPS that I truly dig.

Sixth Coytoe (double dodging for Hunters) looks super awesome. That's the one thing that makes Destiny feel a tad too slow is the inability to quickly move right or left, but hunter dodging has always made that moot. Can't wait.

Hosix

All labs matter!
To be fair, some of these seem game breaking. They are definitely going the "You want crazy? Okay, hold my beer." route. I have hope based on the recent changes they made to armor.

That fire gun? Oh boy....that alone makes me want to play again.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So yeah, played this for a little over a week now. Couple of things I noticed...

The leveling thing is still shit. I dont really mind that they slow shit down past 345, etc... But most of the good content is pretty much locked behind 250-270+ So for a returning player like me it will take a few weeks of doing weekly shit to level up to that point, if not longer. I dont mind the grind, shit I love to grind in games like this, but there is a ceiling to it all every week that you just cannot get around. I think I got all 3 characters to high 340s this first week. Maybe 250 the next? All weekly shit can be completed in a few hours per character, and after that point there is really no reason to play anymore for the week, this was a big problem I had during vanilla and still seems to be a big problem now after 2 expansions and a year of fixing this game. Im basically stuck doing those weekly tasks to get to 370+ to raid. (Which I dont raid anyway so moot point, but still you see the dilema for a person trying to get back into this game.

Second, I like how they added the extra thing on weapons and armor, but overall thank god they are adding back random loot, because even after one week back im already bored of the sameness of this loot. Makes all activities a drag to do when you know what you will get is just another thing you already gotten 50 times. (barring the new expansion weapons, which just seem like copy pasta of the already old and boring vanilla weapons but now with new perk, which is probably shit anyway.

Crucible is definitely more fun with 6 v 6 now. Definitely a good change. But still a bad sign that after 2 expansions and over a year later, 85% of the people in crucible still using same guns that they were using in vanilla. Same purples, same exotics. With the addition of the gravitron lance and a few new purples that I have never heard of, but yeah most people still using better devils, that one handcannon with kill clip, vigilance wing is still OP as fuck, Antilope D has still good showing. I guess one good thing is youre not seeing 90% of the people using the mida and and that one 450 rpm energy AR everyone was using back in the day. But they just got replaced with the new 540 rpm pulses it seems. (This is on PC, so I guess console could be different)

I like the addition of the daily mods on heroic strikes makes them more fun but still no strike specific loot.. But still, aside doing the 3 weekly strikes, I really dont see any reason to do anymore than that. I guess they added new ornaments to grind for and shti like that, but being a person that does not give a shit about that type of stuff, this is non content for me. Not even a change int he core Vanguard weapons with new perks or anything to grind for. Like they used to rotate the weapons in D1 and bring in new standard locked perk stuff every expansion. Mad it worthwhile to grind some of those out. Its sad that I still get the same old vanguard shti from vanilla like Nameless Midnight, exactly the same shit like vanilla. Yes im aware they added a few new ones to the mix, but they should ALL be fresh every expansion IMO.

Shit, even most of the new warmind expansion is pretty much locked out for me because im not 370 yet. So cant do any of the stuff they have there, even the PEs which all seem to be 370+ and I get destroyed in seconds when I try.

Lets hope this Sept 4 expansion is going to fundamentally change the game with random rolls like I think it will. Because right now aside the good shti they added like the new strikes, new crucible arenas and such, this game is pretty much in the same place it was a year ago.

Hekotat

I find it odd that I was able to duo the Nightfall at 340 but the Heroics push my shit in. Trying to fill the gap to get to 350 is rough, seems like I need activities that reward Powerful Gear but I can't seem to find any other than the raids.

I'm not really complaining, just seems odd. I'm still pretty casual so it gives us something to do when we are both able to log on at the same time. Now I'm just trying to get my Titan to 340 due to my friend wanting to main Warlock.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I find it odd that I was able to duo the Nightfall at 340 but the Heroics push my shit in. Trying to fill the gap to get to 350 is rough, seems like I need activities that reward Powerful Gear but I can't seem to find any other than the raids.

I'm not really complaining, just seems odd. I'm still pretty casual so it gives us something to do when we are both able to log on at the same time. Now I'm just trying to get my Titan to 340 due to my friend wanting to main Warlock.

This is exactly what I was saying, the system is broken. Its basically smooth sailing to 240 or so, (maybe 245 with mods, but 240 base power). Then to even do heroic strikes you need to grind only 3 available power engrams, which is the PE one, Crucible, and clan XP. Which could take you a few weeks depending on your RNG luck. Then I cant even imagine how many weeks to get to 370 or whatever to do the raids.

They are making dumb shit a required grind, like level, with artificial soft caps, but then dont include anything to actually have people WANTING to grind for in the first place. People should be grinding for gear and guns, not fucking levels. Its dumb design decision and I bet turns off many people. Make it like yr 3 D1. Have everyone be able to grind up slowly to 390 or 395, then leave the last 5-10 or so levels for the raiders to feel elite to have that 400 number. Then the actual grind should be in random perks and rare gear and guns. This entire thing jsut feels forced for no apparent reason. Just because some retard in HQ said "absolutely no random perk guns or grear, so lets put in soft caps to keep content from people"

Janx

<Silver Donator>
WTB somewhat casual clan. Got back into this and enjoying the QOL changes they've made. Still has a ways to go though.

Hekotat

WTB somewhat casual clan. Got back into this and enjoying the QOL changes they've made. Still has a ways to go though.

Fires of Heaven_ has a few members on now and then. If you join it'll auto accept, if you're on PS4 we can group up for nightfalls and such. We need a third and it doesn't auto matchmake like in D1.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm part of a clan that's sprung outta a Diablo 3 streamer, and they are awesome! I'm 351 and they carried my ass to get the new Whispers sniper, and then carried me in a Leviathan raid.

Nothing required. Raids are kinda random based on who's on and shit. Peeps just chat all the time in Discord.

Team RYA is the clan name.

Can hit me up on B.net if you want.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm part of a clan that's sprung outta a Diablo 3 streamer, and they are awesome! I'm 351 and they carried my ass to get the new Whispers sniper, and then carried me in a Leviathan raid.

Nothing required. Raids are kinda random based on who's on and shit. Peeps just chat all the time in Discord.

Team RYA is the clan name.

Can hit me up on B.net if you want.
Which D3 streamer?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>

Yeah NF is a joke compared to Heroic Strikes. I generally only do HStrikes on days with Iron/Heavyweight as modifiers.

mkopec mkopec not sure why you are running into soft cap so much. The way I recommend going about it is to hit soft cap, then open one Powerful Engram and see if that puts you over past the soft cap. Grind PE/Strikes/Patrols to get all equipment to the next soft cap then open another Powerful Engram. Rinse and repeat through the week. It should give you a bigger boost than what you are getting. YMMV.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah NF is a joke compared to Heroic Strikes. I generally only do HStrikes on days with Iron/Heavyweight as modifiers.

mkopec mkopec not sure why you are running into soft cap so much. The way I recommend going about it is to hit soft cap, then open one Powerful Engram and see if that puts you over past the soft cap. Grind PE/Strikes/Patrols to get all equipment to the next soft cap then open another Powerful Engram. Rinse and repeat through the week. It should give you a bigger boost than what you are getting. YMMV.
One powerful engram isn't going to raise your light level enough to get your soft cap high enough to grind soft cap items. You're better off doing all the weeklies, doing leviathan and maybe EOW and then switching chars for the week.

• 1Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno if I'd even worry about it right now mkopec mkopec , unless you're super bored or hellbent on getting EP weapons. With Forsaken around the corner there will be faster ways to catch up. Right now you'd be putting in what essentially equates to wasted time & effort, unless you enjoy the activities that the weekly milestones promote.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The EP weapons are actually kinda nuts and totally worth getting. I can't imagine a better shotgun being made even in the expac.