Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wut, no, this is a group game so you play with a crew of people. Last time everyone quit around the same time. So unless you're just betting that you don't care if your group quits or that they'll somehow get back together for expansions at the same time you're taking a risk of wasting that money. Part time gamer? What is that?

There are so many games out there to play, who has time to commit to one game for so long.

And @mkopec has a winner :)

hook.jpg

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Now i just need to resub to WoW and buy a couple more tokens before the price jumps up again.....

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
For the record, I am a full time gamer with an inability to stay focused.

Edit: Oops. And not coming to Switch. Another twist of the knife for our poor Nintendo fans. (South park isn't even coming to it)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Really weird that battlenet is hosting this but it'll be on bungies servers and use their customer service. Blizzards role will strictly be battlenet integration. Really fuckin weird and I don't see the point.

Probably Activision forced

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The way they communicated the 'new' subclasses really made it seem like this was an expansion rather than a new title. I would have otherwise expected to see ALL the new subclasses, or even a complete pivot away from the class/sub-class hierarchy.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I hope the community comes together to find a different abbreviation for Desinty 2. Every time someone mentions D2 I can't stop myself from wondering why people are talking about Diablo 2, shit is hardcoded into my brain and I'm too old to change!

And I'll take it being on Bnet over Steam or some shitty new service any day.
How about DS2

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So this is a complete noob question, and probably not appropriate for the Destiny 2 thread on this particular date, but can anyone explain to me what the fuck Destiny is?

Got a friend wanting to play it when it comes out, but I don't know shit about Destiny. I feel like I remember hearing comparisons with The Division when it came out, but from what I've seen that's not accurate at all.

The replies to this thread make it just sound like a straight FPS? Seriously, what the fuck is Destiny? I can't find a gameplay that shows anything, and Twitch makes it just seem like a normal battle arena FPS type game.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Expansion pass is usually multiple expansions origonal D1 expansion pass was 2 expansions, HoW and Crota, which were both $30 if you missed out on the pass. So no youre not saving money, unless you buy them like a year after when they are included in the base gold version of the game when the 3rd big expansion is out.

But if youre a part time gamer like Ut, then no, it makes no sense getting the pass.

The game is $48, and the expansion pass is $35. Last I checked that was still less than $89, and that doesn't even take into account the $10 In BB points if you get it from there.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So this is a complete noob question, and probably not appropriate for the Destiny 2 thread on this particular date, but can anyone explain to me what the fuck Destiny is?

Got a friend wanting to play it when it comes out, but I don't know shit about Destiny. I feel like I remember hearing comparisons with The Division when it came out, but from what I've seen that's not accurate at all.

The replies to this thread make it just sound like a straight FPS? Seriously, what the fuck is Destiny? I can't find a gameplay that shows anything, and Twitch makes it just seem like a normal battle arena FPS type game.
All of the actual gameplay is FPS. There are elements of RPG (like gear and levels) and what are essentially 3 person co-op missions (strikes) and 6 person co-op missions (raids).

Main difference is that the focus of the game is online PVE, but there is still the PvP like most other FPS games

spronk

FPS noob
destiny is an MMO lite. RPG your character, collect loot ala diablo or any MMO, run stuff solo or in small groups to collect more loot, PVP to collect different loot. its a scoot and loot shooter that borrows heavily from FPS, MMOs, etc and your character and gear are all persistent.

so bungie was apparently very careful about release dates at the event and only confirmed sep 8th for console, and kept saying fall for PC. Some people are saying now PC release may be a few weeks (or months even) behind console. suck that, master race