Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
At least on PC you rarely saw the MIDA past first year. Yr 2-3 was all about HCs and pulses for the most part. This is the first season where youre starting to hear the clack, clack, clack.. Of midas again, and im sure its not because its a meta weapon, its because of the quest.

Its all because of the map design too. There were only like 2 maps I can think of that you could use the range of a scout to its advantage. Rest fo the maps basuically force you into those short /med range conflicts that favor all those other weapon types more. Besides a good pulse will out scout a scout 100%.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I've got a somewhat nice pulse rifle for PVP and the thing is great because it's a power weapon using normal ammo. Not sure how I can find my d2 profile online to share it.

Right Side of Wrong? Solar pulse rifle? Go Figure is another good one for primary slot. They are very similar weapons. Both excellent.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the leveling content is always easy. Where this games PvE ramps up is at the high end in things like nightfalls and raids. If you want to challenge yourself and see some pinnacle type PvE in action, try to solo the Shattered Throne, shit or even do it with a team of 3. Or do Outbreak Perfected or the Black spindle quest. Some of the weapon quest strikes are a bitch too, like the Thorn comes to mind, or there was another one like that in dreaming city, oh yeah the gambit exotic hand cannon had a strike that was pretty difficult too.

PvP only gets more difficult as you get better with their match making algorithms. You reach a point where if youre good, you will be matched with others that are really good for some sweaty ass matches. Then there is always competitive to fux around with. Now this season I hear its much easier than seasons past, but I have not even gotten into competitive yet this season so I cannot say from first hand but I hear that this season its the last seasons quick play.
Lol @ sweaty ass matches.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Been away years...

Is there a way for me to link my character here so you guys can tell me WTF I am doing wrong? Like what stats on guns etc. At this point I'm just swapping gear out with higher scores minus my Actium War Rig for Sweet Business.

I have found guns that I LOVE the feeling of, but they are crap when compared to Sweet Business. Like Pluperfect. It's a high impact frame. I want to know what I should be looking for on guns like this. Is the gun type a hard hitting frame? Or is that again just a stat? It fits my style perfectly. Slower firing. Hits harder when I look down the sights. I reload a lot. What gun should I be looking for when you take into account my likes/play style.

Clipboard01.jpg

My GS is 935, and I haven't a clue WTF I should be looking to do. I'm just running strikes and shit doing the quests.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Been away years...

Is there a way for me to link my character here so you guys can tell me WTF I am doing wrong? Like what stats on guns etc. At this point I'm just swapping gear out with higher scores minus my Actium War Rig for Sweet Business.

I have found guns that I LOVE the feeling of, but they are crap when compared to Sweet Business. Like Pluperfect. It's a high impact frame. I want to know what I should be looking for on guns like this. Is the gun type a hard hitting frame? Or is that again just a stat? It fits my style perfectly. Slower firing. Hits harder when I look down the sights. I reload a lot. What gun should I be looking for when you take into account my likes/play style.

View attachment 226738

My GS is 935, and I haven't a clue WTF I should be looking to do. I'm just running strikes and shit doing the quests.
Since you're over 900 GS you want to focus on doing activiitys that hit you with a powerful reward. Basically all the NPCS that have a blue shield icon in the tower + any planet that has a gold medallion on it has something that will give you a reward. 3x strikes, 3x nightfall, 4x crucibile, 4x alt crucible, vex offensive, gambit etc..

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats a nice roll you got there for PvP, outlaw and kill clip. Basically after a kill, reload and it gives you a full clip of extra dmg ammo. Rinse and repeat. This is really great for PvP though because Rampage which is jsut a flat stack of dmg bonus x3 is better for PvE shit.

Mine rolled with rangefinder and rampage which is also another nice roll for PvP. I would actually opt for a rangefinder roll vs the outlaw because the base reload stats on this AR are pretty good anyway.

So basically I would consider any roll with rangefinder and kill clip or rampage a god roll, IMO. Rangefinder adds +10 range which just extends the dmg fall-off a few meters.

Other good ARs in this meta are the Suros Regime with the spin up thing, and the new Monte Carlo is a beast too. Monte Carlo works great if you like to punch shit with your warlock or tian, since melee attacks buff the ARs damage. What I love using with Monte Is my shoulder Charge titan with Skullfort. Basically shoulder charges for days buffing your monte carlo while youre shoulder charging. This is more for PvE though since pulling off shoulder charges in PvP is more tricky.

Last edited:

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly, I just go with what I find fun to shoot.

Right now I'm using a One Small Step, curated Nation of Beasts, and Sleeper Simulant for weapons.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>

Honestly, search Youtube for god rolls on weapons you have. Things have changed a bit since rampage and kill clip got nerfed, and almost all weapons have undergone some slight tweaking with the expansion, but most of the info is still pretty good. You will see patterns emerge for weapon types.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
On armor its just like before the 2.0 change, you want to stack as much recovery as possible, that should be your #1 goal with armor. (you get hurt, go hide and be back in the fight quicker) The rest are still important too but recovery will be your best bet. Look for armor that drops with high overall rolls, I think some of the best are around 60, but of course you wnt to keep the ones that have high recovery. If you see one roll with 60 and all the stats are weighed on movment, well that thing is trash IMO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly, search Youtube for god rolls on weapons you have. Things have changed a bit since rampage and kill clip got nerfed, and almost all weapons have undergone some slight tweaking with the expansion, but most of the info is still pretty good. You will see patterns emerge for weapon types.

While those got nerfed, they are still some the best rolls you can get on guns IMO. Anything that increases the guns dmg will still be the best rolls. Shit like swashbuckler, etc...

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
On armor its just like before the 2.0 change, you want to stack as much recovery as possible, that should be your #1 goal with armor. (you get hurt, go hide and be back in the fight quicker) The rest are still important too but recovery will be your best bet. Look for armor that drops with high overall rolls, I think some of the best are around 60, but of course you wnt to keep the ones that have high recovery. If you see one roll with 60 and all the stats are weighed on movment, well that thing is trash IMO.

Ok great. So I was looking at recovery 1st anyway because that's what I remembered.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Thats a nice roll you got there for PvP, outlaw and kill clip. Basically after a kill, reload and it gives you a full clip of extra dmg ammo. Rinse and repeat. This is really great for PvP though because Rampage which is jsut a flat stack of dmg bonus x3 is better for PvE shit.

Mine rolled with rangefinder and rampage which is also another nice roll for PvP. I would actually opt for a rangefinder roll vs the outlaw because the base reload stats on this AR are pretty good anyway.

So basically I would consider any roll with rangefinder and kill clip or rampage a god roll, IMO. Rangefinder adds +10 range which just extends the dmg fall-off a few meters.

Other good ARs in this meta are the Suros Regime with the spin up thing, and the new Monte Carlo is a beast too. Monte Carlo works great if you like to punch shit with your warlock or tian, since melee attacks buff the ARs damage. What I love using with Monte Is my shoulder Charge titan with Skullfort. Basically shoulder charges for days buffing your monte carlo while youre shoulder charging. This is more for PvE though since pulling off shoulder charges in PvP is more tricky.

Great! I have a Monte Carlo!

Clipboard01.jpg

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also to add a bit if complexity to armor they gave each piece a void, arc, or solar roll. And those affect which mods you can socket into them. So also keep this in mind too while building a set of armor. For instance in order to socket a shot gun scavenger on your class item, you need an arc roll, etc...

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got a Graverobber/One-Two Punch One Small Step

yea boi. Time to pair this with Peregrine Greaves

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also in order to get different rolls on the Pulperfect, not sure which rank it is, but later on you get an upgrade on your season pass thing to get them to drop from strikes/crucible? randomly.