Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I can't wait till all these PA subs run out, Crucible isn't (and hasn't been for awhile) very fun.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Year 4: Teaming up with the Osiris, the Cabal & Uldren to take on Crota's Sister (plus Darkness).

Pretty much confirms we'll eventually have multiple darkness sub-classes.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
1603821832350.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is the game that no one expects to keep going and yet it does. I'd love to hop back in but certain social aspects I think are still missing. Dungeon grinding is pointless still, right?

I suppose it could be said for many games but if you have a solid crew that's hopping into discord every night and every be like what up! What's happening tonight? What we getting into?! Then this is a fantastic game. Otherwise not so much?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This is the game that no one expects to keep going and yet it does. I'd love to hop back in but certain social aspects I think are still missing. Dungeon grinding is pointless still, right?

I suppose it could be said for many games but if you have a solid crew that's hopping into discord every night and every be like what up! What's happening tonight? What we getting into?! Then this is a fantastic game. Otherwise not so much?
I don't know... I don't have a dedicated crew and still grind out a bunch of stuff. I'm also not really good at FPS but can accomplish most of what is needed in the game. I'm in the clan w/ Lenas and have done some pick up raids. I know they're looking to do day 1 raiding, so I'll either have to grind my ass off or I'll end up missing out.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

The game that no-one expects to keep going? Destiny 2 (steam) 58,823 <-- current players // 68,959 <-- todays peak. Rank 7 in the top 10. Here's some questions for you.

What social aspects are missing?

What additional reasons would you like to see added to dungeon grinding?

You SUPPOSE it could be said for many other games? Here's a clue, it IS the same for every other multiplayer game.

What's happening tonight? What we getting into?!

This. This right here is what tells me you NEED to have your hand held at all times or you're lost. So I'm going to go ahead and guess that matchmade activities, public events, power levels, crucible matchmaking, forced voice chat, new player experience and lower barriers to entry are the "social aspects" that are missing.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
This is my new favorite game. Started playing this around the beginning of the summer and its been a blast. I binged through 3 years of content in a couple of months. Got the Conqueror title (fuck "The Corrupted" and "Garden world") and the MMXX. Most raids were really fun to do the first couple of times (especially with noobs).

The PvP is a lot harder to master. Still not able to get flawless if I'm not getting carried in trials of osiris. I tried somewhat to grind for legend in survival, but I feel I lack the innate talent to be really dominant in FPS. There are also tons of degenerate loadouts in this game (mountain top, controller revoker, controller arbalest, 600 autorifle) that are easy to use and hard to play around. Bungie doesn't really seem to care too much about balancing the PvP, and to be fair it's probably a nightmare to balance a FPS using both controller and MnK. Cheaters are also an issue in some of the playmodes like trials, because I think this game has NO anti cheat at all, like nada. But I would be deluded to think cheaters are preventing me from getting flawless or legend.

The expansion patch is nerfing 600autorifle, aim assist on most snipers, mountain top, and 150 RPM handcannons (150rpm->140rpm). I am happy about most of these changes except the Hand cannon one, but that is just my personal bias toward hand cannon. I am currently playing with Nation of Beast and Eye of Sol, I think this is gonna be my default PvP loadout post-patch (might change with the expansion weapons)

Really looking forward to Beyond Light, I'm just a little afraid there won't be enough content for me to play like a neckbeard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

The game that no-one expects to keep going? Destiny 2 (steam) 58,823 <-- current players // 68,959 <-- todays peak. Rank 7 in the top 10. Here's some questions for you.

What social aspects are missing?

What additional reasons would you like to see added to dungeon grinding?

You SUPPOSE it could be said for many other games? Here's a clue, it IS the same for every other multiplayer game.

This. This right here is what tells me you NEED to have your hand held at all times or you're lost. So I'm going to go ahead and guess that matchmade activities, public events, power levels, crucible matchmaking, forced voice chat, new player experience and lower barriers to entry are the "social aspects" that are missing.
It's ok, you scared me away, I'm not gonna try and get them to change your little precious. But sure, all those things listed would be pretty cool, but could you still hold my hand?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would still like to see general chat channel, LFG channel too. I dont know why these people think we need to be treated like little children with opt in bullshit all the time for chat. Why do I have to have you on my friends list to chat with you? why do I even have to go through hurdles to chat with clan mates? Are we not in a clan? Why do I have to be his steam buddy/friend in game? None of this shit makes sense. Why do other mmos have open chat channels and do ok but this game cannot?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
so opt out then, dont make the rest of us suffer, thanks.

I dont know why these people think we need to be treated like little children with opt in bullshit all the time for chat.

If I'm correct in reading this, and I'm probably wrong here, but here goes... little children opt in, adults opt out, and people that need their hands held start opted in because they can't make decisions on their own.

Fadaar

That guy
just join a big Discord server and all of those problems are solved

if you're playing on console too fucking bad, suffer plebs

Crone

Solutions to the problem that are outside of the game don't actually fix the problem that shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

Sabbat Sabbat why are you neck bearding so hard about wanting some conveniences added into the game. Do you play mainly solo? Because if so then most of what has been talked about really isn't going to effect you or your grind, is it?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't think anyone would argue against QOL changes and personally I think chats should be opt-out, a system where you can't communicate by default in a social game is silly.

What I think Sabbat is trying to get at, is that the roadblocks people perceive in the game are little more than speed bumps for anyone with basic social skills. Whether you use third party communication or not. The absolute hardest content in the game requires that you find yourself two other humans.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

I don't think anyone would argue against QOL changes and personally I think chats should be opt-out, a system where you can't communicate by default in a social game is silly.

What I think Sabbat is trying to get at, is that the roadblocks people perceive in the game are little more than speed bumps for anyone with basic social skills. Whether you use third party communication or not. The absolute hardest content in the game requires that you find yourself two other humans.
And that's an absolutely fair point. If having to find 2 other humans is going to stop you from doing content, then maybe you shouldn't do that content. And me arguing for that matchmaking is also just me being lazy, where I'd like to load up, hit matchmake, blast some bad guys, get some loot that might be useful, and be done. Much of my playtime is in 15-60 minute blocks, not 4-hour blocks. This is where I wish grinding dungeons was a useful activity for progression, as I was looking for a "quick fix" type of thing that most other MMO's have.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The majority of activities in Destiny are in fact matchmade and you can farm gear by mindlessly grinding without issue. It's only when you get to the end game and want to farm specific things that you have to coordinate with others. When you have an actual group to play with even raids become casual 30-40 minute affairs.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I bothered to go look it up, I've got 1200 hours of PvE activities, most of which will be matchmade activities. 400 hours in the crucible, the vast majority of those are with me queuing with friends (which is another exciting discussion on SBMM and Lobby Balance).

At a rough guess, I'd say I'd spend a good 20% of my time truly solo doing bounties and roaming the world working on quests and the like, which include activities like public events, escalation protocol and the Contact public event which all require other people in the game world (I've duo'd Contact with randoms and farmed level 7 EP bosses with a friend), the next 20% solo queuing for matchmaking activities like strikes, hero level Ordeals, menagerie and forges.

The rest of the time, I'm either duo'd or with a fireteam doing Master Ordeals, PvPing, Dungeons or harder quest lines like Zero Hour. After that.. I'm in the D2 PC LFG discord, finding teams to do Pit of Heresy and Prophecy on the weekly, or raids. I don't do raids that often, but with a bunch of things going away, I started doing all the raids, some of which I've never done before, like Spire of Stars.

Nightfall: Ordeal at hero level (the highest/hardest/best rewards that you can matchmake for) matchmade activity is a sterling example of why and how matchmade activities are loaded with lazy, uninformed and frankly careless people. They just hit matchmake and expect to get carried. I don't think that's entirely those players fault either.

I've done Ordeals a fair bit, while a normal strike is able to be brute forced, the Ordeal requires a little more planning on weapon/ability selection. After doing a bunch of these solo queued I realised the ONLY way I was going to finish the Ordeal in under 30 minutes was to treat the other 2 people in the party as if they weren't there. Meaning I needed to bring all the weapon types to beat all of the champions, and all the right damage types to deal with the shields. This means I don't have to rely on someone else being able to break the shield on a barrier champion, or deal with that Unstoppable Ogre, or drop that Arc shield on the Hive Knights.

Edit: So there's a fuckload of content that can be done in small blocks. 90% of all content is like that. However, if you want to do raids or Master or Grandmaster Nightfalls, then yeah, get some friends, or start using the LFG Discord.