Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
d2statsyr5.png

Thought I better keep up with the Joneses and post mine as well.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
MusicForFish MusicForFish and others, Dex and I have Tuesday night and all of Wednesday to play now :p

Goal is running through the campaign via legendary obviously - hoping the servers don't puke.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty excited for this expansion, hoping we get as much as we did with Witch Queen. Liking the look of most of the interface and system changes, hoping it doesn’t take to long to figure out all the changes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah witch queen brought this game to another level, way better than beyond light. Lets hope they continue to up the bar higher.

Too bad the next 2 days im at the office, im still gonna play when I get home but once Thursday rolls around, fuck man, im about to camp this game hardcore till next tues.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Files are being datamined now so spoilers are hitting the net.

Full intro scene:

• 1Mother of God

Fadaar

That guy
Wow Bungie, absolutely gigantic hit of the nerf bat to Heart of Inmost Light. 24 hours before expansion launch. Classy. Yes it absolutely needed adjustments because why the fuck would you use ANYTHING other than HOIL in both PVE and PVP? Should have nerfed the PVP regeneration into the ground because fuck PVP balancing, and the PVE regen to half of what it was NOT 1/3. Then you ALSO add in the duration of the empowerment buffs being cut in half and it's now a dead exotic. That is if I'm not misinterpreting the wording and the ability regen nerf is ONLY for the *CLASS* ability, ie the Barricade slot. Even if melee and grenade regeneration are unchanged the 5 second duration (down from 10) still kills the exotic.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wow Bungie, absolutely gigantic hit of the nerf bat to Heart of Inmost Light. 24 hours before expansion launch. Classy. Yes it absolutely needed adjustments because why the fuck would you use ANYTHING other than HOIL in both PVE and PVP? Should have nerfed the PVP regeneration into the ground because fuck PVP balancing, and the PVE regen to half of what it was NOT 1/3. Then you ALSO add in the duration of the empowerment buffs being cut in half and it's now a dead exotic. That is if I'm not misinterpreting the wording and the ability regen nerf is ONLY for the *CLASS* ability, ie the Barricade slot. Even if melee and grenade regeneration are unchanged the 5 second duration (down from 10) still kills the exotic.
Welp back to bonking shit with synthos I guess, and will be playing my lock like 75% more this season which has banging builds for both void and solar they even added a aspect to heal on grenade kill so solar lock only weakness, emopwering rift, means shit anymore if you can jsut heal on nade kill, lol. And now looks like you can fuck with sun bracers too and see how that shit is. Both starfire and gyrfalcons untouched means those two classes will be what people play now. I know I will be playing them more. they have nerfed titans huge this past season, and snuck in the nerf to hoil at the very last minute, the only neutral game titan exotic worth using.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Gyrlfalcon builds are going to be even stronger but as a hunter I'm also interested in what the new fragments mean for Ahamkara builds. It's a fun MMO type attack rotation and only seems to be getting better.

I feel for titans but being able to do GM's with nothing but storm grenades was a little silly. HOIL will still be strong but you'll have to actually pay attention to double stacking the effects when you need them now.

Have to admit I'm surprised that Starfire wasn't nerfed.

Fadaar

That guy
Gyrlfalcon builds are going to be even stronger but as a hunter I'm also interested in what the new fragments mean for Ahamkara builds. It's a fun MMO type attack rotation and only seems to be getting better.

I feel for titans but being able to do GM's with nothing but storm grenades was a little silly. HOIL will still be strong but you'll have to actually pay attention to double stacking the effects when you need them now.

Have to admit I'm surprised that Starfire wasn't nerfed.

At least with Starfire you traded healing rift for the build to work. Not so much for HOIL, there was no downside. I like the Gyrfalcon builds on my hunter but when doing group content I pretty much always default to Orpheus or Ahamkara. The YAS build is fun as fuck, probably my favorite of the hunter subclass reworks. What's funny is once you get into a good rhythm the ability cooldowns are even shorter than a titan running HOIL.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
At least with Starfire you traded healing rift for the build to work. Not so much for HOIL, there was no downside.
And now they dont have downside either with the new aspect that heals on nade kills. Well see how all this plays out with the new aspects and new builds with all the mods and shit. But as it stands now with patch notes this is the season of locks and huntards.
Oh wait never mind, thats heals on SOLAR nades not fusion, my bad.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
And now they dont have downside either with the new aspect that heals on nade kills. Well see how all this plays out with the new aspects and new builds with all the mods and shit. But as it stands now with patch notes this is the season of locks and huntards.
Oh wait never mind, thats heals on SOLAR nades not fusion, my bad.

I have to nitpick that one in a grammar nazi way. They didn't capitalize the word 'grenade', so I took it to mean all grenades for the solar subclass. I hope it's not just the actual Solar Grenade though cause I'd love to run that fragment on hunter/titan builds too. Which of course on a solar hunter going to be running YAS with Tripmine and I was always a fan of Thermite on titan.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have to nitpick that one in a grammar nazi way. They didn't capitalize the word 'grenade', so I took it to mean all grenades for the solar subclass. I hope it's not just the actual Solar Grenade though cause I'd love to run that fragment on hunter/titan builds too. Which of course on a solar hunter going to be running YAS with Tripmine and I was always a fan of Thermite on titan.
You could be right, its the way I took it too at first glance, but then I realized there is a specific "solar" nade, so well see.

Fadaar

That guy
You could be right, its the way I took it too at first glance, but then I realized there is a specific "solar" nade, so well see.

I really do hope it's all nades cause Well of Life + that fragment would put solar subclasses up there with void for survivability.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish I could like more than 1/3 of the game. The Bungie art team is just top tier, aside from never allowing a Warlock to wear something other than robes. Yea, I was wrong about Rhualk / Witness, memory from a year ago watching a few Byf vids.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So I think I have WQ, but never got around to playing the campaign. I got bought it on a steam sale. With a new expansion coming out do I need to play it prior to its release or is all of that content still going to be available. I haven't touched destiny in a long while, and I know they shelve certain things now to my understanding, could be wrong though.

The last stuff I was playing was Forsaken and Gambit and what have you. I think right up into some new mood after Gambit where you go in and have to fight off waves of enemies or something. Don't remember what it was called but it was kind of a shit show.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So I think I have WQ, but never got around to playing the campaign. I got bought it on a steam sale. With a new expansion coming out do I need to play it prior to its release or is all of that content still going to be available. I haven't touched destiny in a long while, and I know they shelve certain things now to my understanding, could be wrong though.

The last stuff I was playing was Forsaken and Gambit and what have you. I think right up into some new mood after Gambit where you go in and have to fight off waves of enemies or something. Don't remember what it was called but it was kind of a shit show.

Activities that they added seasonally are gone but the WQ campaign and quests are still available. You'll most likely be thrown directly into the first Lightfall mission upon logging in next.

• 1Like