Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Lenas Lenas thanks for the invite to the posse last night (Me and Dex)

I am still learning about everything stats wise and such as I progressed the last couple of weeks. Looking forward to playing the expac. I got caught up on the story over the last week.

I am finally getting the hang of it from a stats perspective (a bit) but yeah - this game is anything but newbie friendly (Even though I played before it's been years and everything changed)

I am also ashamed to admit I like Gambit.

MusicForFish MusicForFish I am going to need assistance and holy shit you have some good gear.
Is your Mrs able to handle you going hard and not on her for the next week?

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is your Mrs able to handle you going hard and not on her for the next week?

Yeah about that - she works next Tuesday night (Wednesday and Thursday - wife time) but next weekend (Friday through Sunday) is drunk gaming weekend which if I am playing this might be a more tame weekend so I can know what's going on :p

Remember what happened last time - Dex was high as a fucking kite, I had no clue how to add anyone on PC since I am on series X and was 4 bottles of wine deep and a coors lite, then we forgot to get off party chat and into game chat, and you couldn't get anything to work right away either. Then mkopec mkopec shows up out of no where calling us all pussies and we ran Gambits 90% fucked out of our minds.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
PS: @all - Drunk gaming weekend not this weekend but next: Game choice - Destiny 2.

Come listen to a drunk Minnesotan, MusicForFish MusicForFish who sounds like Patrick Roy after 2 beers up north there hey, Dex a guy from Texas who eats 4 pounds of THC filled Gummies all day long and sounds like Colonel Sanders on a meth bender, who sooner or later just stops playing and watches his emotes - and mkopec mkopec telling all of us to shut the fuck up and get to work on the boss.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Let me know if you guys need help with whatever, or if you want explanations to some of the more esoteric mechanics etc.

You guys will probably see Ao- around as well.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Lenas Lenas thanks for the invite to the posse last night (Me and Dex)

I am still learning about everything stats wise and such as I progressed the last couple of weeks. Looking forward to playing the expac. I got caught up on the story over the last week.

I am finally getting the hang of it from a stats perspective (a bit) but yeah - this game is anything but newbie friendly (Even though I played before it's been years and everything changed)

I am also ashamed to admit I like Gambit.

MusicForFish MusicForFish I am going to need assistance and holy shit you have some good gear.

If I were Bungie I would fix a few things:

1) Pricing needs to include previous content especially if it gets vaulted - Have two options: 1) $39.99 expansion - $79.99 for Expansion and all seasons - $99 for expansion, all seasons, including all previous content.

2) When I came back, I had no fucking clue what was what. Have an Alan Wake style "Previously in Destiny..." up through to Forsaken. Then lay down the Forsaken Story campaign > Shadowkeep Story campaign > Last Light story campaign > Witch Queen story campaign. At the end of each campaign if there was seasonal content that led to more story (Likely) add a "After (Expansion) a few events occured" and fill those in with cut scenes. Get rid of the free play mission of the next expac altogether. "To continue the story, please enable (Expansio here)

3) Above all, it is so disjointed at the moment no one can have any idea what is going on because you literally have no idea what to do first and none of it is marked. Especially when you throw in those free story missions out of each expansion to get you to buy something you do not even understand story wise. They need to stop pointing people to random content they cannot have without a purchase and LEAD them there instead in a chronicled fashion. Guarantee this would get people to buy a $99 edition of everything from a free to play perspective and on.

2 and 3 only for new accounts. If another class on an account that did it already, drop them at the end of the content marked as played and give them the option to do whatever they want.
Yeah I was watching FPSSOLID for the past week or so while working from home. Anyway, the shit that we all as destiny veterans take for granted, there is definitely a big disjoint in the new player experience. And that dude is a gamer (racked up 160ish hours in 10 days). Made me realize how fucked the interface is, how pretty much nothing is explained and even further, how almost nothing has a numerical value on it other than it does xxx. No stat sheet nothing to exlain what this does or by how much...Shit, for me, day one player for years now, I get it but for new players this must be overwhelming to say the least. Plus you have to rely on a lot of external sources for the numbers, this should not be. Especially now when they went the route of "builds" with lots of options.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
To be fair to Bungo that's exactly what they intend Guardian Ranks to accomplish. Helping give people goals and explain different mechanics by having them experience content on a certain track.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Super realistic models then out of nowhere Pixar animation with the bad guy from Incredibles?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Super realistic models then out of nowhere Pixar animation with the bad guy from Incredibles?

I watched a bit of that garbage show Playstation had earlier today and saw the trailer for this, why does that guy look so out of place? Is the story good atm with witch queen?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I watched a bit of that garbage show Playstation had earlier today and saw the trailer for this, why does that guy look so out of place? Is the story good atm with witch queen?

I have no idea, they lost me when they started removing content and pulling dungeons. I was never a fan of the PVP in the game and they seemed to focus on that more than anything.

Watching vast portions of some of the best content they made get pulled due to size restrictions on console completely ruined it for me.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Is the story good atm with witch queen?

Better than ever and firing on all cylinders.

why does that guy look so out of place?

We don't really know anything concrete about The Witness yet outside of being some kind of like 60ft tall multi-dimensional being. The only time we've seen it before today was the cinematic introducing them as the true big bad at the end of WQ:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Better than ever and firing on all cylinders.

We don't really know anything concrete about The Witness yet outside of being some kind of like 60ft tall multi-dimensional being. The only time we've seen it before today was the cinematic introducing them as the true big bad at the end of WQ:

Huh? That's Rhualk(?). This some more retcon, I guess? If Rhualk is the Witness mentioned as being the opposite of the Gardener at the beginning, I would the writers at Bungie are just winging it...still.

Now we have Savathun being the true savior of Humankind by deceiving Rhualk/Witness during the Collapse, the flow of this overarching story seems totally broken.

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
This is the first thing I thought of when I saw him
boobah.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Huh? That's Rhualk(?). This some more retcon, I guess?

You have some base level misunderstandings. Rhulk is the raid boss for Vow of the Disciple, and he is (was) the First Disciple of the Witness. Subjugated the worm gods and created the Hive as they are by deceiving a young Savathun at The Witness' bidding. During the first collapse, Savathun did some as-of-yet unknown thing to deceive the Witness and stop him from winning. At no point was Rhulk the Witness.

How can Rhulk be a Witness "retcon" when we saw the Witness first, at the end of the campaign, a week before the raid release?

Calus is another Disciple in this expansion.

Anyway devs dropped another talking vid this morning:

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
I recall inspecting you while you were in a nightfall earlier, using Raiden Flux on a solar Hunter. Bold strategy.

o snap, called the fuck out

also how bout some transmogs? here's my usual doods setup (void hunter, arc titan, void lock)

hunter.jpg

titan.jpg

warlock.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users