Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The guys at Bungie did a great job on the PC port. It looks and feels amazing. I've been excited to see the community reaction once they finally get their hands on it because everything felt great from the builds I played.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So is there any kind of class guide?

Screwed around with it a bit at lunch, playing a Titan. No clue wtf I'm doing. My gun keeps running out of ammo, I'm not sure how you pick stuff up (just run over it?). Bunch of abilities and shit I think, but not sure how to use them (did figure out 'F' for Captain America mode).

Is there a tutorial after the opening sequence?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I guess the tutorial isn't in yet from what I have read elsewhere. So it's pretty much fend for yourself.

Hekotat Hekotat I'll be on tonight to do a strike and check this out on PC.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Performance and controls are pretty great, but the gameplay isn't that interesting so far. I didn't play the original. The boss of the first strike was pretty neat I guess, but this doesn't seem significantly better than say, Borderlands.

spronk

FPS noob
This is the complete Destiny storyline and lore, its pretty long though and the guys voice puts me to sleep

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
if you're getting this across multiple games, might be a driver issue
I've tried all the drivers ever listed in the universe (this is only a SLIGHT exaggeration). I remembered that I restarted my machine just before I played D2 and as such, the normal underclock (-90) on the core and memory clock wasn't working. So I re-did the under clock and played the Strike again without issue.

Anyone know why an underclock would fix the issue? is this a PSU problem?

PS: God damn, this game is good. I'm sure we'll all be whining about class balance and a lack of content soon enough, but this is way better than I thought it would be. Smoothest gameplay I've seen yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
Jesus Christ this looks amazing at 4k60 on my 1080ti. Had one weird issue when I alt-tabbed though, movement and mouse control started stuttering really bad. Had to quit out of the mission because I couldnt finish it. Anyone else get that?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Game looks good (not as good as you guys with 4k monitors) in 1080. Gameplay is very fluid, i am definitely impressed.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Native 3440p :p What a smooth demo that was! Very glad it came with my 1080ti. Will definately play at lauch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
The game is definitely well optimized for something that is 2 months away from release on PC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Going to fire this up tomorrow just to see how it looks on my 1440p 144hz gsync monitor - was definitely going to pass for PS4, but if it looks great visually that's reason enough to buy on pc for the eye candy

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Going to fire this up tomorrow just to see how it looks on my 1440p 144hz gsync monitor - was definitely going to pass for PS4, but if it looks great visually that's reason enough to buy on pc for the eye candy
Don't think you will be disappointed visually! Watching some of the streams at work and then playing it on my pc is making me want to invest in a baller vid card and a 4k monitor.

Malkav

French Madman
Kinda wondering how my next monitor upgrade will go.
Definitely need something gsync and HDR when it becomes common/cheap enough, but still on the fence between staying with UWQHD or going 4K.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, it looks pretty damn good on a GTX 1060.

Kind of makes me want a new monitor...which in turn makes me wish I'd just gone with a 1070.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I'm so glad I got this on PC. I wasn't sure at first but fuck if it doesn't look and play amazing. Running at 3440x1440, everything max (105 fov) except I dropped MSAA down to SMAA and was a pretty stable 60 fps throughout. I might try dropping a setting or two a bit to get MSAA back down the line but I'm impressed how well it runs on both (1080/7700k and 1080/2600k) systems.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The complete lack of any stutter or hitching is amazing for something that's still in beta. I did have some framerate dips below 80 fps but in general it was very smooth 130+ most of the time.