Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm absolutely shit at the PVP in this game. Hope I can figure it out. But it was still enjoyable, even in losses. It may be that I'm so used to non-twitchy PVP with PUBG (which I'm actually quite good at).

I think in about 3 hours of playtime I'm sold on it. Will likely keep my preorder.

spronk

FPS noob
Are you going to get both versions? Really too bad the PC version isn't launching at the same time as the consoles.

yeah i'm getting both, i think the pop is gonna die off on the pc version after six months but i'll just switch back and forth as i feel. the ps4 version also will have an exclusive strike/gear/pvp map at release and every xpac as well.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im still pissed they fucked up the pvp with 4v4 now. But im getting hard hearing all you fuckers talk good shit anout beta. BTW, get a xim 4 and enjoy ps4 version with all content, its literally like 20% more.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Im still pissed they fucked up the pvp with 4v4 now. But im getting hard hearing all you fuckers talk good shit anout beta. BTW, get a xim 4 and enjoy ps4 version with all content, its literally like 20% more.

Been playing Destiny with a Xim, it's nowhere near as smooth as D2 on PC at 60 fps with true mouse support.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I was all set on Warlock but after messing around with Hunter more I'm really enjoying the fast melee/dodge mechanics. Might end up going with that. First time through I think I found the golden gun F pretty underwhelming but the Arcstaff thing on the other build is a lot of fun. Plus it seems like the community thinks they're gimped and anytime I queue for PVP all I see are Warlocks with an occasional Titan. Probably doesn't matter in a game like this but I always like being a special snowflake. Haha.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah the PS4 exclusive shit is a bit rubbish.
Should have kept it "console" exclusive and put it on PC too.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Game is butter smooth on a GTX 970! Really looks freakin great. Haven't gone into graphics settings at all to tweak anything. No reason too? So it's not just the 10 series cards that this runs really well on.

Impressive.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Still not worth it. 100+ fps max settings , fov slider + REAL kb/m controls > console and the emulation xim offers (sprinting+turning with xim is aids in destiny).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Game is butter smooth on a GTX 970! Really looks freakin great. Haven't gone into graphics settings at all to tweak anything. No reason too? So it's not just the 10 series cards that this runs really well on.

Impressive.
I turned motion blur off just because (without seeing it with it on). The only other change I made was uncapping the FPS.

This is by far the most polished game I think I've ever played, not even just beta/early access. I have no idea what they're waiting until the end of October for.

The only "bug" I've seen is that sometimes you get ungrouped when you start PVP or the strike.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well I never had a problem with xim and destiny, played that shit for well over 1000 hours.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Tech side of the game. Man is this game buttery smooth at 4k. (1080ti) I'm at a constant 60fps with almost every option set to high. Minus the blur. Not sure why people like that effect.

The single player piece may have been the best "demo" I have ever played. They did a great job. Kudos. Little too many effects going on IMO, but man they showed you what they could do.

Game wise...it feels very floaty. I took a bit, but I finally got a gun with some recoil. Other than that, what I have seen gets an A+.

• 1Like

Crone

I'll just plan on streaming it to my TV via Steam Link if I want the best of both worlds. Did it for Witcher 3 and that was fine so despite being more twitch style gaming I don't expect problems.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I turned film grain off as well. The latest nvidia drivers, 385.41, does say it supports Destiny 2 Open beta but I haven't downloaded it yet, no problems at all running on a 1080 against a really old ass nvidia build.

Its also not 20% more content on PS4 - its simply 1 extra strike, 1 extra PVP map, and an exclusive ship (no big deal) and exotic weapon. Y1 Destiny also had similar exclusive items every DLC/xpac, not sure if Destiny 2 will have that as well.

I'd be more concerned with DLC release dates, if they don't match parity with consoles it'd kinda suck hearing people complete new raids and stuff a month before the PC version is out.

If you have GCU the pc version of destiny is $48+tax and you get $10 in RZ points back, usually within 10 days. It is a "physical box" with just an imprint of a key inside you activate on battle.net. I set mine to store pickup, usually you can pick it up the night before around 9pm but YMMV. I've been keeping an eye on eBay for nvidia keys (REQUIRE a 1080/ti to activate) but they all sell for $45+, fuck that
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/destiny-2-windows/5807908.p?skuId=5807908

Crone

I turned film grain off as well. The latest nvidia drivers, 385.41, does say it supports Destiny 2 Open beta but I haven't downloaded it yet, no problems at all running on a 1080 against a really old ass nvidia build.

Its also not 20% more content on PS4 - its simply 1 extra strike, 1 extra PVP map, and an exclusive ship (no big deal) and exotic weapon. Y1 Destiny also had similar exclusive items every DLC/xpac, not sure if Destiny 2 will have that as well.

I'd be more concerned with DLC release dates, if they don't match parity with consoles it'd kinda suck hearing people complete new raids and stuff a month before the PC version is out.
@Zarcath any info on this sir? Will patch and DLC times match between console and PC?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So they release 4 strikes (one exclusive) and 4-5 new PvP maps(one exclusive) per expansion, hello, thats ~20% more strike and PvP content. Add that up over the course of an entire year, like in D1, and there is a shit ton strike and PvP content you are missing. since exclusivity last 1 yr. Not to mention the exotic weapons, armor sets which some were fucking cool. Like Jade Rabbit, or Hawkmoon. those were not some shit tier throw away weapons there my friend.

Raids were the same and so was the leveling shit, but I mainly played Destiny for PvP and farming good weapons in strike exclusives. which was another thing that PS4 had more of, since you get extra strike, you get extra strike exclusives.

• 1Like

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
After playing Destiny 1 on the PS4 and then playing Destiny 2 on the PC last night, I can never go back to PS4.

This game is awesome. I really hope the developers realize the potential they have with the PC platform. Pump a fuck ton of content into it, almost like a PoE/D3 FPS clone, and figure out how to count all the precious money.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users