Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most people have plans this weekend, so it makes sense to release after.
If that was the case, it'd make sense to release now since I don't think I've ever seen a game release without all kinds of shitty server issues.

If they actually expected fewer players, it'd be the perfect time to iron the issues out.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Downloaded and tried to play the open beta. Keeps crashing during the opening cinematic.

Guess my computer can't handle its Destiny!

Zarcath

Silver Squire
Hopefully they add real matchmaking to to PvP in some system that can judge skill level in some way, not just the PvE level.

Checking on this. There are Mercy rules (like from D1) that should have kicked in to prevent this level of BM.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
Bungie is dumb, why didn't they release it this week so that people could play it over the holiday weekend.
destiny_experience.jpg

We have the entire Paramount Theater for Destiny for PAX weekend.
oh and then the game comes out on Weds, so yeah, we're kind of busy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol went on my phone to YouTube to watch the Live Action trailer, was hit with an ad....which turned out to be the actual Live Action trailer before I could watch the Live Action trailer.

PLTZJRh.gif

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
So I tried this and really enjoyed it. I never played Destiny 1 as I am not a console pleb, so I didn't know what to expect. It seems like general concensus is people that played D1 think this is more D1.5, but people that never played it are really enjoying it. Not sure if that's a good sign or not. Regardless, I have some battle.net credit built up so I will be buying it with that.

I do have one question though. I tried all 3 classes, but found that on Titan and Warlock, jumping was so stupid. I'd jump and float away like I was in space, really hated those physics. I didn't care a ton for Hunter as a whole, but they were the only class that seemed to have a normal jump. Is there any way to change this or am I stuck with Hunter?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I definitely do not like the warlock and titan jump mechanics either. Seems you need to jump again BEFORE you hit your apex in order to make a lot of the environmental puzzles.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I definitely do not like the warlock and titan jump mechanics either. Seems you need to jump again BEFORE you hit your apex in order to make a lot of the environmental puzzles.

Did you try playing with the different jump specs?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I tried this and really enjoyed it. I never played Destiny 1 as I am not a console pleb, so I didn't know what to expect. It seems like general concensus is people that played D1 think this is more D1.5, but people that never played it are really enjoying it. Not sure if that's a good sign or not. Regardless, I have some battle.net credit built up so I will be buying it with that.

I do have one question though. I tried all 3 classes, but found that on Titan and Warlock, jumping was so stupid. I'd jump and float away like I was in space, really hated those physics. I didn't care a ton for Hunter as a whole, but they were the only class that seemed to have a normal jump. Is there any way to change this or am I stuck with Hunter?
I think it's just different styles of jumping.. maybe? As mentioned there are for sure different jump specs that will allow different ways to jump or more control while you're in the air.

From how it felt to me, the Hunter had what most would consider the "double jump" where it was a quick boost back up. Demon Hunters have it in WoW currently, minus the wings for gliding, and other games do it. Titan and Warlock have what I feel is more just boosters letting them "glide" around. Different strokes for different folks I guess. MAH AMMERSION!

Stave

Potato del Grande
I did look at the different specs, but it seemed like I could only choose jumping lower with a bit more control, or jumping higher with less control. Normally I wouldn't mind but in an fps where I want total control of my char, I couldn't stand jumping in a room and sliding along the ceiling without being able to come back down or steer, or jumping to tiny platforms and just gliding on past them with no way to steer to them really.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Did you try playing with the different jump specs?
Yeah. The Warlock blink caused me to die hilariously during a strike multiple times due to blinking past where I wanted to land. The other two jumps just made the second jump feel stranger but still required timing I hadn't figured out. Titan was similarly annoying.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah Hunter double jump is what feels best to me, Titan boost isn't too bad, i've gotten used to it already but I fucking hate that Warlock glide shit, none of it feels right to me.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'm sure you get used to whatever. I played a Titan in destiny, and when I played this it all felt perfect again. Then I thought I would give Hunter a shot, and I kept trying to float everywhere, and just failing. I'm sure but after a few hours playing any class you'll get used to it and it'll feel right.

I'm just bummed out because my girl and I we're planning on playing for a few hours tonight, and I got home and it's already over. Now the wait until October 24th truly begins!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm sure you get used to whatever. I played a Titan in destiny, and when I played this it all felt perfect again. Then I thought I would give Hunter a shot, and I kept trying to float everywhere, and just failing. I'm sure but after a few hours playing any class you'll get used to it and it'll feel right.

I'm just bummed out because my girl and I we're planning on playing for a few hours tonight, and I got home and it's already over. Now the wait until October 24th truly begins!

Dont worry - the console plebs will be able to tell you just how much actual content will be in the main game.

80 missions they say - which could translate into about 4 hours of story mission content and the rest patrol missions/bounty shit, or, we could actually have some fun missions and not so much filler. No one knows, because Bungie doesn't say shit on this - which usually means the former.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya 5 strikes, reused exotics, seems like same amount of content as base D1..... surprised, but I shouldn't be. Writing was on the wall with the beta. 5 strikes, and we've already played one... fucking lol