Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Reht

Molten Core Raider
oh yeah thats probably right then, i saw the silver thing and never read the follow ups. if you have shit loads of gold on your old wow account you can also reactivate it with a 30 day card or whatever, sell all that gold for blizzard coins (?) and then buy D2 with blizzard coins, i'm not sure the exact mechanism but i know wow gold has paid for a lot of D2 purchases
That's what i did, each token can be redeemed for $15 of battle.net balance.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wow, this video really shows why PVP felt off to me as far as hit registration (ignoring the bullshit aim assist).

That has always been the case in Destiny. I remember the same shit being discussed in D1 with the same slow down frame by frame shit you saw in video.

IMO this does not make the game bad, it makes it more of an "arcade" shooter rather than some tryhard CS competitive shit.

Malkav

French Madman
So apparently the first DLC will add a whole new patrol zone.

If they can expand the game like that outside of annual releases it should keep it fresh.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
One of the big issues with PvP in the original Destiny is that it didn't have it's own ruleset, at least not up until when I quit (before the last expansion). So you had raid drops like that original Vex Mythoclast dropping in the first raid (VoG), and people were wrecking faces with it in PvP......so then they nerfed it, but then that affects the PvE side. Same with class skills, certain class skills were just OP compared to others in PvP vs PvE.

This makes balancing completely fubar, so unless they decide to separate PvE and PvP into two rulesets, I think you will continue to see major problems with balancing problems.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
One of the big issues with PvP in the original Destiny is that it didn't have it's own ruleset, at least not up until when I quit (before the last expansion). So you had raid drops like that original Vex Mythoclast dropping in the first raid (VoG), and people were wrecking faces with it in PvP......so then they nerfed it, but then that affects the PvE side. Same with class skills, certain class skills were just OP compared to others in PvP vs PvE.

This makes balancing completely fubar, so unless they decide to separate PvE and PvP into two rulesets, I think you will continue to see major problems with balancing problems.

This was why PvP was more an arcade type of experience. the balance was all out of whack for most of the time in D1, but I still found if fun as hell and I did really well with it even with a shit class (titan) which dint get any love until the hammers for a few months until that eventually got nerfed too. But I played all 3 classes and did well with all 3. But my favorite was definitely the titan with his skating around. Many people bitched about them changing the meta all the time with balance patches for PvP but I also found this fun because it changed shit up. Mae you look for new weapons that were the now meta and change up the play style a bit too. Kept the game from getting stale. You have total balance in a game it also becomes stale. That was the fun of Destiny PvP IMO, was the imbalance of it all.

xzi

Mouthbreather
PvP feels like absolute trash which I'm not surprised over because it's a console game at heart but I can't find a single reason to ever use a weapon that isn't a revolver to hit the hitboxes that are a mile wide.

I don't know anything about Destiny, but the PvE content was pretty amazing and I really enjoyed it and can't wait to do WAY more. But the only thing making me consider buying it or not, do I have to PvP in order to advance my character?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
PvP feels like absolute trash which I'm not surprised over because it's a console game at heart but I can't find a single reason to ever use a weapon that isn't a revolver to hit the hitboxes that are a mile wide.

I don't know anything about Destiny, but the PvE content was pretty amazing and I really enjoyed it and can't wait to do WAY more. But the only thing making me consider buying it or not, do I have to PvP in order to advance my character?

Nope you can just do strikes over and over after you've leveled up

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Strikes on harder difficulty levels and raids is where it's at for PVE. I played up until raids were released in the first one. If you only play PVE it's where the shitty Sony exclusive hurts, because 1 strike ends up being a pretty large % of the PVE content.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The last couple of expansions added daily missions which would unlock a bigger side mission with exotic rewards. Some were puzzle types like the one to unlock sleeper stimulant or another which was tough as shit to open up a sniper, best in game for raids, black spindle, where you had to clear an entire zone with boss at the end within 5 min.

There was weekly nightfall strikes which were brutal. With great rewards at end. Usually people ran strikes over and over to get perfect rolled guns.

You might think PvP is shit show but trust me it grows on you.

Of course the game will never have content like a wow, but it had enough. The reward slot machine had you coming back for more and more.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was really hoping they would do some open world PVP or larger scale like Halo with vehicles and stuff. This shit seems like catering to Esports.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was really hoping they would do some open world PVP or larger scale like Halo with vehicles and stuff. This shit seems like catering to Esports.

Yeah I was hoping this too. I was hoping that letting go of old consoles they would add some 8v8 or 12v12. Instead they went backwards and made all PvP sweaty as fuck.

There is still hope that enough people bitch, at least they will add back 6v6 modes.

They did have vehicle maps in d1, but everyone hated them because not enough action in 6v6.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gear seems to be static at the moment, in that all Nergal pulse rifles will have identical stats, same with armor pieces. I hope that the gear Mods we can farm will allow us to tweak the weapons / armor with perks from D1.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah I was hoping this too. I was hoping that letting go of old consoles they would add some 8v8 or 12v12. Instead they went backwards and made all PvP sweaty as fuck.

There is still hope that enough people bitch, at least they will add back 6v6 modes.

They did have vehicle maps in d1, but everyone hated them because not enough action in 6v6.

It's not like what they have in is going to keep me from playing or enjoying it. It just seems like every game that comes out like this I end up scratching my head with why the fuck didn't they just copy this.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Strikes on harder difficulty levels and raids is where it's at for PVE. I played up until raids were released in the first one. If you only play PVE it's where the shitty Sony exclusive hurts, because 1 strike ends up being a pretty large % of the PVE content.

..they're bringing PvE exclusive content to sony only? Will it eventually be released later on PC or?

spronk

FPS noob
game preloaded on my PS4, 32 gig download / 38 gig install and it clocks it as 5d 22h (from this post) till i can launch it. I did pre order digitally, just regular standard edition

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
..they're bringing PvE exclusive content to sony only? Will it eventually be released later on PC or?

The launch content from the first game is finally coming to Xbox One this fall, more than 3 years after release. I'm not getting my hopes up on seeing D2 exclusives anytime soon.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully they add real matchmaking to to PvP in some system that can judge skill level in some way, not just the PvE level.

I watched Summit on Twitch do a 4v4 game with 3 of his friends vs 4 randoms. They dominated every game, then they decided to try something. They figured since capture points counted for X points, and killing for some others, they only needed to cap one, and then not worry about the two others as they killed the other players.

Game went on for far longer than normal, then Summit and them won. With each of them getting 30-40+ kills, the others had 3, 3, 3 and 7 kills. It was basically like a long BM game, where Summit and those laughed at the other team probably wondering why they never won when they continuously had 2 points capped. Summit sounded like he felt bad after he realized that the 3 kill players basically only had done 0.13 or something of their opponents life per time they had died. That's the type of thing that kills any enjoyment for the less skilled players.

I am horrible at PvP and on the losing side more than winning (probably cause a few of the losses by being a bad too) in Destiny 1, but never seen anything remotely comparable to such a difference between kills and team skill on the PS4.

And yeah, Summit with a hand cannon capped people from afar, in the air... just death everywhere. Though his aim on stream also seemed spot on, so if you take someone who is good then and add a benefit of where near misses are actually misses due to hit boxes... It was like watching him play CS. Moved constantly, and when he got heavy weapon ammo for the sniper rifle, it was basically one shot one kill until he ran out of ammo.

summit.jpg