Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm down to run peeps through shit. Wife is in Cape Town visiting her folks, so I've plopped down on the sofa in front of the 65" oled, surround sound raping aliens. I HATE the 4v4 pvp, but the lost sectors, exotic quests and general flood of content after the story mode are all fun and well done. Light level 265 but can't start the nightfall for some reason.... coldheart is a great boss burner exotic, and graviton lance excellent at blowing up trash

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Played a few more hours and just now got the quest to send me to Titan. I still haven't left the first area though, having a blast just doing lost sector and the events. I really like how they now have objectives to progress them instead of just straight up kill the boss stuff.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I reserved a copy at gamestop for pick-up after work.

The shame.

It's rough reading this thread and waiting for the PC release though. Still not sure why PC players are downgraded to what amounts to having the entire plot of Game of Thrones including 30 second action shorts splashed all-over the place... and still we wait.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Sunshot is basically Fatebringer. Fun gun
I got mine tonight, too.

Vex go boom.

Have the final mission (series?) waiting for me, level 16 / 190 power. Just unlocked strikes and ran a couple of them, they were pretty fun.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Still not sure why PC players are downgraded to what amounts to having the entire plot of Game of Thrones including 30 second action shorts splashed all-over the place... and still we wait.

Publishers don't want to take the risk that the game is pirated on the platform which offers the best experience, so they launch it on inferior platforms first.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Publishers don't want to take the risk that the game is pirated on the platform which offers the best experience, so they launch it on inferior platforms first.
How exactly would you pirate D2 on the PC when it all runs through the Blizzard authentication system?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This is the premier couch shooter, really well done on the PS4. The colors are so bright and vivid it almost hurts my eyes.

So, PS4 bros, I was having issues with voice chat only coming out of one ear when talking to Hatorade and I couldn't hear him, but when I turn on all sounds through headset it goes stereo. I was reading that voice chat is only mono on the PS4, is this legit? Shit sucks if so, I guess I'll be using discord through my phone.

spronk

FPS noob
So, PS4 bros, I was having issues with voice chat only coming out of one ear when talking to Hatorade and I couldn't hear him, but when I turn on all sounds through headset it goes stereo. I was reading that voice chat is only mono on the PS4, is this legit? Shit sucks if so, I guess I'll be using discord through my phone.

If you use a headset plugged into the controller (3.5mm) then yes its mono. I use gold headset and its stereo. You can play with the headset audio settings and I think send the mic input to both channels though, and this is only for the mic the controller plugged in headset is stereo for game audio.

its releasing 45 days on PC because $$$$$. People who really wanna play D2 will double dip on it, going so far as to simply just buy a console to play it. Hundreds of millions of extra dollars for Activision. Sure, the other excuses are it gives them more time to develop the PC version, it lets them stabilize the servers so they only have 2 platforms at launch going hard on the servers not 3, and they don't have to worry about hackers right off the bat and can just focus on stability / bug fixes. This is not a new thing either, I think Ubisoft has been releasing the PC version of their game 3-6 weeks later now for just about every game.

Anyways DLC #1 contents leaked on the microsoft store:
Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris continues your Guardian’s journey with all-new story missions and adventures set in a new destination, Mercury. Journey through time and space to learn the secrets of Osiris, avert a dark future, and rebuild the ties between the legendary Warlock and his greatest student - Ikora Rey.

Features:
- Explore Mercury and its mysterious "Infinite Forest"
- New story missions and adventures
- New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
- New cooperative activities
- New competitive multiplayer arenas
- And more...

So there will be a new zone but no new raid it seems like? I wonder if DLC #2 will have some sort of horde mode area like prison of elders.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This is the premier couch shooter, really well done on the PS4. The colors are so bright and vivid it almost hurts my eyes.

Discord worked/sounded way better anyway.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think I lost my dongle for my Gold headset. I have another headset, but I really liked the golds and you can't buy the dongle separately that I could find

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The delay makes sense at the first glance. More testing needs to be done to account for the almost infinite number of hardware combos, plus more anti-cheating tools.

Does that take another 6 weeks? Not a clue. Maybe a 1 week delay is all it really needs and Bungie is a Jew enclave that only cares about more shekels.