Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So I broke down and got this last night. I was going to wait a few weeks and see how the grind reviews were, but so many people with positives about this, I had to get it. Hit Lv12 and about 115 light last night. Great fucking story so far, 200% better than original D1, and even TTK, which was the pinnacle of D1 story telling IMO.

I like what they did with the weapon slots too. Kinetic, power, and heavy, in which they included snipers. Which will help the PvP game with fuckstains running around with nothing but their snipers as their primaries. Or hiding behind rocks in sniping lanes the entire match. That shit was beyond retarded in D1. Did not try any PvP yet, although I queued for a match, but it was taking too long to match up so I just said fuck it, back to the story. Im dying to find out how weapon mods work in this game, I guess they redid the entire perks thing, and now you find mods to equip onto your weapons? Seems cool.

The fucking gun play in this game just feels so awesome. Every gun has its own distinct feel to it, just like D1, I love it.
I hate that snipers are heavy. Hate is not a strong enough word. It seems like a change made for pvp that dramatically impacts Pve

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Curious to see how everyone feels about this in a week or two.

fully expect to be done/bored with it by the time i hit whatever the max light level is and have done the raid once or twice. so probably 2 weeks tops...

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If the raid grind is anything like Vault of Glass/Crota I'm gonna have to run them 15 times to get everything I want for my characters.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
After a few weeks it will probably be "play one or two days a week for the weekly resets".

I'm sure I will do the raid and nightfall every week for awhile

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
One of the main reasons I bought destiny 2 at launch is so I could actually see a raid. I grabbed destiny during taken king release and by the time I hit max level only thing to do was player versus player and another auto group finding stuff.

People are still raiding on D1, all raids...why do you think coming late excludes you?

I think they added matchmaking for raids, though I'm sure that will be a shitshow

I see this alot....Do people realize that 90 percent of raids are randoms that group via LFG.net - Why would built in matchmaking be any difference? It was never a problem before. I dont get why matchmaking makes a shit show. Ive done every raid at least a dozen times with randoms. if you think you need 6 dedicated friends to be able to pull off a raid, you suck at the game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah you might have a wipe or three but unless you're going in completely blind raids aren't too hard. You just need one person to communicate a plan and you can make it happen. I only ever had one group give up and bail on the final boss of VOG and every raid I've done was PUG.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
People are still raiding on D1, all raids...why do you think coming late excludes you?

I see this alot....Do people realize that 90 percent of raids are randoms that group via LFG.net - Why would built in matchmaking be any difference? It was never a problem before. I dont get why matchmaking makes a shit show. Ive done every raid at least a dozen times with randoms. if you think you need 6 dedicated friends to be able to pull off a raid, you suck at the game.
No you don't need 6 people highly coordinated. But if you end up with everyone with no mic? Or even Half? Nearly Everyone that out the effort for that to go to the LFG sites had a mic and were actually willing to put effort forth to complete the raid

Anyways, point is kinda moot since more details on raid matchmaking came out and it's not true matchmaking. Clans can basically do a LFM and people can join the raid with those clans. It doesn't just match up 6 random people.

Nightfall should have always had matchmaking anyways, they were never really all that different from the normal strike, just modifiers. Don't need much if any coordination for those

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah you might have a wipe or three but unless you're going in completely blind raids aren't too hard. You just need one person to communicate a plan and you can make it happen. I only ever had one group give up and bail on the final boss of VOG and every raid I've done was PUG.
VoG was actually pretty hard on hard mode when most of your team was LL 28 or 29, even with premades

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man, I dont know, I had some bad fucking luck in raids with pugs from the LFG.net. TTK was the worst, I never beat the big dude. Came close, beat all the other shit before it, but never the big guy. Just hours and hours of pure frustration. Especially the fucking jump puzzles, man I wanted to tear the rest of what little hair I still have out. Crota I only tried a few times, but the same shit. VoG i had better luck with, beat that many times when it was current and then after for shits and giggles.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I hate that snipers are heavy. Hate is not a strong enough word. It seems like a change made for pvp that dramatically impacts Pve

I think it makes at least some sense. Certainly having kinetic and elemental as two different types is a big change which nevertheless seems sensible. Sniper and Rocket Launcher have more in common with each other than Sniper and Fusion Rifle.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Shamelessly stolen from Reddit, must read so you dont waste time, or fuck your advancement up.

Read the entire thread before playing, knowing about some exotic quest steps early will save you time
If you want this in a google doc form, you can see that Here
Lets be frank, there are too many different posts for you to sort through. Let the no-lifes like myself gather information for you. The goal of this thread is to combine and organize the various information regarding....EVERYTHING. I want to make your experience as easy as possible and hopefully we [The Community] can organize everything together and help out our fellow guardians.

I'm going to start the thread off with what little information I possess and organize it by topics short and sweet, to the point. . Then I'm going to look to the comments for topics that should be added. If you know something you think should be added, please leave it below(formatting it will help me tremendously). I will be consistently updating this thread and attempting to improve formatting for the next few days. Throw the info at me guardians!

Really looking for some people interested in listed locations of scanable lore items. If you want to just list them as you come across them that would help. Videos would be great too.
General Beginner Tips/Knowledge
  1. Each planet has an exotic weapon quest you can get from completing all the missions on that planet. Check the planet specific sections for guides.

2. Engrams have their light level decided on drop, not on decrypt.

3. You'll receive a choice from 3 Exotic Weapons once you complete the [INSERT] story mission, and a later mission will give you a shot at 3 armor pieces depending on your class. Do some digging on which ones you should get. Many people seem unhappy with their choices.
    • Risk Runner
    • Sun Shot
    • Graviton Lance
  4. You receive a couple bright engrams from Eververse at some point through the story(and each time you 'level up' after lvl 20). this is where you have a chance to get a SPARROW , and it WILL carry over to your other characters.

5. If you open chests or pick up planetary material, don't run away from the chests. There is a chance you wont get your rewards.

6. Public Events and their time to availability can be seen by opening your map.

7. Each planet has tokens that drop from reward chests. these are simply turned in to that specific planets faction vendor for reputation, earning a legendary engram

8. Your other subclasses drop from public event chests. I got mine from doing heroics, so thats probably a good bet. once it drops, you need to charge the artifact. You need to kill enemies in a fireteam then complete a short 10 minute mission.

9. The weakpoint for Phalanx is actually in the center of the shield

10. Weapon Mods/Shaders and Infusion - Mods are obtained from Legendary Engrams and eververse engrams Mods can also drop from ranking up the gunsmith. they are 1 time use.

11. Weapon infusions have to be of the same category. Submachine guns need submachine guns for example

12. All exotics come with a legendary element mod, which adds +5 power to the weapon in addition to changing its element. You need to take the BASE stats of an exotic into consideration when infusing.(Light level and then subtract 5)

13. Lost Sectors are just hidden loot areas visible on your map. Go in, find the yellow bar enemy and kill it so you can loot the chest inside. They seem to be RELOOTABLE after a certain time frame

14. You can fast travel while in patrol.

15. While in any given area, High value targets will appear and be noted on the bottom left of your screen. They are just yellow bar enemies, and killing them drops a chest. chests also drop subclass artifacts for unlocking your other subclasses so try to also look out for those

16. Cap for blue engrams is 265. You'll need faction packages and special mission rewards like nightfalls to get past this point

17. Pressing both start and select at the same time takes you straight to the map

18. Its not recommended to start saving engrams for the Nessus exotic Quest unless you are close to the 260 light area. Focus on leveling as quickly as possible. Exotics are one of the only ways to level past 260 and these quest rewards are guaranteed exotics; so plan out how and when you will claim them.)

19. Eventually Cayde will be selling treasure maps. They help you locate his special chests around the game. WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE 260 TO DO THESE because they can drop high tier rewards, and we dont waste good loot 'round here

20. Ikora will give you whats called "Meditations". They simply allow you to replay story missions. Currently unknown if there are any hidden rewards

21. You can determine the detonation time from grenade launchers if you hold the button instead of tapping it. Grenades detonate upon release

22. Save Exotic Quests for when you are at 260 light. They are one of the only ways to level up past that.

23. The old faction vendors are no where to be found. Unfortunately, Datto's 10% ownership of FWC is now worthless and datto is broke, send him your love.

24. Raid will drop on Wednesday the 13th

25. There is a suspected raid exotic quest called "Await the World Eater". Ill post details on that ASAP
EDZ
Exotic Weapon Quest - Mida Multi Tool - Guide
  • Step 1: Complete the Quest Chain "Enhance"(You'll receive the Mida-Mini Tool)
  • Step 2: Get Step from Gunsmith - Using a Scout Rifle - Precision Kills and kills without reloading
  • Step 3: Get Step from Gunsmith - Decrypt 5 Rare or legendary scout rifles
  • Step 4: Get Step from Gunsmith - Get Airborne Submachine gun kills
  • Step 5: Get Mida from Gunsmith
Randal the Vandal
  • Can be found in the area with the GIANT ship you go to with the tanks in the story. He's on a little island in the water Video
EDZ Lore
Unsolved

TITAN
Exotic Weapon Quest - Rat King's Crew - Guide MUST BE IN FIRETEAM TO COMPLETE STEPS
  • Step 1: Complete All quests on Titan
  • Step 2: Complete 3 patrol missions
  • Step 3: Complete 2 public events
  • Step 4: Complete or Win 2 crucible matches (Quickplay works)
  • Step 5: Complete Nightfall
Titan Lore
  1. Giant Worm found in the water. Theorized to be Oryx's worm considering Titan is a moon of Saturn, which is where Oryx's body flew toward.
Unsolved
NESSUS
Exotic Weapon Quest -Sturm and Drang - [Guide])
  • Step 1: Complete Failsafe's Quest chain after the story
  • Step 2: Talk to Cryptarch
  • Step 3: Dismantle 5 legendary, and 1 exotic engram.(Its not recommended to start saving engrams unless you are close to the 260 light area. Exotics are one of the only ways to level past 260 and these quest reward exotics will help.)
  • Step 4: kill 10 fallen with Drang on nessus
  • Step 5: Talk to Tyra at the farm
  • Step 6: Kill fallen without reloading and 10 major fallen on nessus
  • Step 7: Return To Tyra
  • Step 8: Defeat a servitor in a special strike on nessus
  • Step 9: Return to Tyra to get Sturm
Nessus Lore
Unsolved

1. "Well of Flame" area seems suspicious
IO
Exotic Weapon Quest -
IO Lore

1. Scannable - blight that hints at Savathun
Unsolved
Clans
  1. Clans arent working correctly right now, so don't ask.
Patrols
  1. Public Events and their time to availability can be seen by opening your map.

2. All Public Events can be 'Turned' into a heroic version be completing a task while the event is active. Below are each event and the required tasks
    • Fallen Glimmer Event - (You must destroy all 3 glimmer nodes that appear when the ships come down)
    • Fallen Ether Event - (You must destroy all small Servitors that assist the big one.)
    • Spider Tank Event - (You must disable all 3 forcefields by using 6 arc charges, 2 per forcefield)
    • Witches Ritual Event (You must destroy the 2 shielded crystals by standing on the Hex Circles.)
    • Vex Construction Event (You must activate all 3 Vex plates by standing in them until 100%.)
    • Cabal Extraction (You must destroy the Cabal Thresher ship that patrols the area.)
    • Taken Blight - (Step inside and outside of the small blights to get a buff, then shoot at the large "Immune" blight until you hear a callout saying the one who makes the blight is coming.)
    • Injection Rig - Shoot vents on one of the sides of the rig. These vents open per spawn of Psion and is EXTREMELY quick. it will happen as the tooltip on the top left says "Evacuate". You will need multiple people shooting the burning vents. There is a "top" and "bottom" set of vents.
  3. You will unlock access to "Patrol Missions" once you complete the campain mission as soon as the vanguard are back together and complete a special mission on that specific planet
Farm
Games
  1. Scouting Patrol - In the farm, you can complete a mini-quest called Scouting Patrol. Here is an in depth guide
Scannables
  1. This one is actually only obtainable while you have the scouting patrol buff active. Its on the cliff right next to the fire where you start the scouting patrol 2. 3.
Tower
Games
  1. Floor is lava in the new tower
Scannables
  1. Daito Room - In the hanger, if you go upstairs above the entrance, you can go through a vent which leads to a room with the words daito on the wall.
Post-Campaign Unlocks/Changes
  1. Access to strike playlist and Nightfall(Level 260)
Miscellaneous/Unsolved Leads
Leveling Up/Engrams

u/Joe_Gibbons adds: Lost Sectors are probably the fastest way to level in the game after the story. There are a ton of lost sectors on each patrol all being able to be found on the map, located by the two curved lines with the dot in the middle. To complete one you have to kill the yellow health bar enemy in the cavern which opens up the chest in the back of the room. The chest will contain new gear, two tokens for the region, and 1000 glimmer.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the tl;dr is DON'T pick up any bright or exotic engrams, let them rot on the floor and they will go to the postmaster, don't grab the free ones the bald guy or tess @ eververse give you. Wait until your blues level you up to 260 or 265, then start getting bright/exotic engrams. The engrams pick the level when you loot them, not when you decrypt them, so waiting until you are 260+ is better.

From 200 (what you are when you hit 20) to 265 just do lost sectors, PVP, and heroic strikes for blue gear, you no longer "have" to equip higher level gear as it figures out the highest item in that slot but you may as well, right. Same old kinda grind as D1. Public events are good too, especially if you can convert them to heroic (hard if other low level people are doing it too)

DIM works in destiny 2 as well, just select Destiny 2 in the top right (and the platform) mobile or chrome and you can move stuff around chars from your browser/phone.
Destiny Item Manager

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I heard best way to level past 200 to 260 is doing the lost sectors, missions and public events on planets. you will get faction rewards quicker that way. Plus when you dismantle guns you no longer use, you get gunsmith faction too, which is more faction rewards. you can get about 5-7 faction rewards per hour just doing shit on planets,(which is usually 2 purps and coins) handing in coins for faction and dismantling duplicates and lower light level stuff for gunsmith faction.

Blues will get you to 260, but after this, its only nightfall type tier rewards and exotics that get you higher. also dont do nightfall until you are 260, since that determines what drops for you, which could be 270 light rewards. If you go in there at 240 or 250 you might get a 245 or254 reward and you can only get 1 reward per week.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah the tl;dr is DON'T pick up any bright or exotic engrams, let them rot on the floor and they will go to the postmaster, don't grab the free ones the bald guy or tess @ eververse give you. Wait until your blues level you up to 260 or 265, then start getting bright/exotic engrams. The engrams pick the level when you loot them, not when you decrypt them, so waiting until you are 260+ is better.

From 200 (what you are when you hit 20) to 265 just do lost sectors, PVP, and heroic strikes for blue gear, you no longer "have" to equip higher level gear as it figures out the highest item in that slot but you may as well, right. Same old kinda grind as D1. Public events are good too, especially if you can convert them to heroic (hard if other low level people are doing it too)

DIM works in destiny 2 as well, just select Destiny 2 in the top right (and the platform) mobile or chrome and you can move stuff around chars from your browser/phone.
Destiny Item Manager
Hate game design that punishes you for making "incorrect" decisions early game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hate game design that punishes you for making "incorrect" decisions early game.

well its not really incorrect. Its just not top tier efficient. You will eventually get to 260+, and you will eventually get all those exotics, but using tips above you will just get them faster.

Also for PvP im hearing...

Tier 1: Auto Rifles, namely the 450 rof variants... Uriel's gift seems to be the best so far. Gunsmith faction reward.

Tier 2: Hand Cannons, and a few Pulse Rifles.... Allegro-34 - "feels" like Eyasluna and has similar stats. Feels crispy

Tier 3: Scouts, not very competitive