Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

spronk

FPS noob
I hit 276 (?) light today, its kinda weird because afaik you don't see your actual decrypt light level anywhere, just your own light changes depending on your gear but the whole light level stuff is very confusing and poorly explained. My blues seem to cap out at 267, purple engrams generally will be 267 too but sometimes they will randomly jump up much higher like 273 or 278, exotics are all over the place, some quests only give 265 purple gear, and then of course you have mods which can increase an item by 5 light levels but NOT for infusing, it uses the lower level for that. Just feels scattershot and not cleanly designed.

Also not a fan of the nightfall having a time limit and you failing if you go over, hate timers and shit that stress people out. Went in solo and it doesn't seem too bad but with a base time of 10 mins (you get a few seconds for every mob you kill) and all the elemental switching stuff it feels like its going to be more stressful than fun.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I havent finished the story yet but almost done i believe.

I am more disappointed than anything...

It is odd but i prefer the mysterious journey of D1 which was truly a clusterfuck. This is just a bad clusterfuck. Maybe this will change with the conclusion but so far the writing and progression have been nothing but shit tier.

At least the game plays well. .. Only thing good about Destiny in general really.
Sorry to be the one to tell you, but you're retarded. D2 campaign is miles ahead of D1.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Suros weapons still are some of the best looking weapons in the game, really bummed they didn't make a way for you to turn a blue into a purple somehow.

@Zarcath, why do you lose ammo when switching heavy weapons around? This was a huge pet peeve of mine in the first one and I'm just curious why Bungie decided to do that. Get all the way to the final boss, realize you need your sniper or rocket launcher, guess I dropped the other 5 rockets and ruined them when switching weapons.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Full ammo sniper should translate to full ammo rocket launcher, 100%. That has always been bullshit the way they handle purple ammo.

@Zarcath

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I havent finished the story yet but almost done i believe.

I am more disappointed than anything...

It is odd but i prefer the mysterious journey of D1 which was truly a clusterfuck. This is just a bad clusterfuck. Maybe this will change with the conclusion but so far the writing and progression have been nothing but shit tier.

At least the game plays well. .. Only thing good about Destiny in general really.

This is significantly better than the D1 writing.. Gameplay is fun and was the best thing about D1 as well.. moment to moment gameplay hasn't been surpassed or even matched Destiny in a shooter yet..

Some of you could whine about god damned anything...

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
This is significantly better than the D1 writing.. Gameplay is fun and was the best thing about D1 as well.. moment to moment gameplay hasn't been surpassed or even matched Destiny in a shooter yet..

Some of you could whine about god damned anything...

Yeah, opinions and all that, but it's as close to an objective fact as possible that Destiny 2's story shits all over Destiny's. I don't even understand how it's possible to like Destiny and not think the sequel is better in just about every possible way.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got my second warlock to lvl12 then had my nephew group up with me on his lvl20, who had patrols unlocked. We just ran the PE's on Titan for almost a couple hours doing patrols in between and hit 20. Pretty easy way to lvl up without doing the the campaign. Noticed a possible bug with chests / material resource nodes, sometimes when looting those we would not get anything at all, or just glimmer (even when just standing on the chest / node waiting for the loot indication), pretty annoying.

Ended up getting 3 exotic engrams in total last night from the PE's, and ALL turned into the "The Prospector) grenade launcher...sucked.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
is there any advantage to not finish the campaign first on a second char and then do PEs and stuff? My understanding is that at the end of the story campaign your char is auto boosted to 20 if you aren't 20 already. I'm saving a few blues on my main at 271 and gonna xfer them to my alt when I level him so he can hit 20 and then immediately jump up to light 265 or something.

While regular engrams are capped at one level, the "challenges" drops (weekly quests) seem to have a higher cap but they only unlock once you are done with the story mode.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
is there any advantage to not finish the campaign first on a second char and then do PEs and stuff? My understanding is that at the end of the story campaign your char is auto boosted to 20 if you aren't 20 already. I'm saving a few blues on my main at 271 and gonna xfer them to my alt when I level him so he can hit 20 and then immediately jump up to light 265 or something.

While regular engrams are capped at one level, the "challenges" drops (weekly quests) seem to have a higher cap but they only unlock once you are done with the story mode.
No particular reason on my part, I wasn't in the mood to run the campaign at the time, and then the xp started coming in pretty quick, plus we were getting a good amount of tokens / materials / blues. My power level at the time of turning in the free exotic from campaign was 270 (max equipped was 271/272), got a helmet decoded at 287 which I promptly infused into my better helmet. Max power lvl now is 274/275, with blues / legendaries decoding at 267/268.

Hekotat

Any reason not to dismantle duplicate exotics?

If it's like D1 that's how you get the shards to infuse other exotics to higher light levels. Since items aren't character bound you can always use the one and swap it between chars. Unless you just want two of them.

Only other reason would be if they had two vastly different perks that were useful. Say exploding rounds and something else.

Hekotat

I got killed by one of those chests when it spawned last night, shit was hilarious.

Level 15 160ish light, almost ready for strikes. I'll start spamming invites when I'm there.

• 1Like

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm

The reason you want to be level 20 before finishing the final campaign quest is Zavala gives you an exotic upon completion. High item level gear has a level requirement now and you want to be max item level so the exotic will push you higher.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The majority of PEs I've tried at 20 have no people. Am I getting put in empty servers or is no one doing them? Tried multiple planets. Shit, it's even Sunday.

Looks like it's strike grinding time.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Gotten about 25 Exotics so far (6 Sunshots lul), all from PE's. Kinda makes everything else feel pointless unfortunately, would love more incentive for Strikes.

Hekotat

Just finished the main story, what a ride.

Down for strikes on PS4 if you see me on, current light 204 or some shit.