Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

spronk

FPS noob
yeah thats kinda retarded, didn't know the limit was still 100. Its also dumb because there doesn't seem to be any way to see when a person last logged in or anything like that... how the fuck are you supposed to tell who is active and who is not? At least show a list of who earned clan XP week/lifetime, if its zero that means they aren't playing.

Anyways for now yeah kicked all the PC players, if they implement a last logged in feature i'll kick all the people who aren't actually playing by the end of the month too, to free up room for the PC version of the game when it launches, otherwise have a second clan on my PC account we can use. Its pretty common for about 80% of FOH players to stop playing after 3 weeks so should have lots of room for PC by the time its out.

Freed up 14 spots for people who need to join on PSN/xbl.

The raid looks pretty tough to me, a text guide is up
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-leviathan-raid-guide-walkthrough-and-rec/1100-6453311/

along with a few videos on each part
[Spoiler] All parts of Leviathan Raid - w/ End Boss detailed tutorial! • r/DestinyTheGame

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
leveled my titan alt and running around the planet titan just chain running (heroic) public events is definitely the way to go. Went from level 5 (had to go that far to unlock the titan planet) to 14 in ~3 hours and collected tons (115) of arcology tokens and glimmer along the way. Then when I hit 20 I can run it a few more times/infuse to 265, then run the campaign and all the quest gear should be 265+ and ever increasing since you get a few exotics along the way, plus all the xp you get after 20 counts towards bright engrams. Obviously a stupid way to level if you haven't seen the story at all, but its fast and has a lot of gear/power advantages over doing story first and then public events.

Titan is great because there is only 1 PE spot in the first area and you can just walk/sparrow to the 2nd area, which only has 2 possible PE spawn points both next to each other. I would do a PE, go to the next spot, afk for 3-5 mins, and usually the 2nd PE was almost done by others by then.

Glimmer and engrams are unique to each character but everything else seems to be shared, including consumables (not sure about all) and all mods/shaders.

Did this last night like you suggested, and yeah, its the best fucking way to level an alt by a long shot. Especially if you want to save the story and rewards for later. Did just like you said, went back and forth between the 2 main platforms for like 2.5 hours last night and went from 14-20. They pop just like you said, every 6 or so minutes, sometimes less and tons of people there doing the same.Then when I hit 20, equipped the stuff I had left for my alt on my main and I was instant 268 light. Now to do the rest of the story.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Since there is no cross play or cross platform character saves we should consider creating a PC only clan.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I have one for PC up, just wanna see what bungie says about cross play and shit before PC release and if clan XP is preserved between platforms which would be a huge incentive to keep 1 clan. Plus they may increase clan size before PC release. 100 is a really arbitrary and dumb size.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I thought story rewards were supposed to scale to you? Got my second warlock to 20 and the exotic reward for one of the quest missions was well below my level.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have one for PC up, just wanna see what bungie says about cross play and shit before PC release and if clan XP is preserved between platforms which would be a huge incentive to keep 1 clan. Plus they may increase clan size before PC release. 100 is a really arbitrary and dumb size.
That or add a last online for each person.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I've been loading up my guy with Arc cooldown mods and am using the gloves that reduce Arc cooldown with melee kills. I find myself able to have a pretty decent uptime on both my Super and the grenade / ArcSoul abilities and that seems far more useful than the other things I can get with a mod.

Is there a diminishing returns point with the cooldown mods?
I would think there should be, but we don't have any numbers to see. I'd like know how good the Class Ability mod is vs. Melee / Grenade mods. Also, has anyone seen a mod for the Kinetic weapons themselves? I've seen zero, and the only weapon specific mods I've seen have been for Element damage, all other weapon related mods have been on Armor.

spronk

FPS noob
to get a kinetic weapon mod you have to dismantle two purple mods and then buy a weapon mod from the gun vendor for 2 mod components, you have a 1/4 (?) shot at getting a kinetic mod vs a arc/solar/void energy mod. I've gotten three so far and put them into my guns to raise my light level +5, but it doesn't raise your "hidden" light level which is what engrams/drops decrypt to.

on that point too don't "save" converting blue mods to purple mods, do em ALL in the gun vendor in the tower. Mod space is kinda limited and you end up with 45/50 slots full of shitty blue mods and a few purple mods and there are way, way, way more mods than 50. Another place where bungo really needs to increase the size. Mods are a great idea in theory but the execution has been pretty poor, it was more fun grinding for that rare combo drop rather than now where you just find the weapon you want and mod it up.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the -only- mods that you can put into a weapon will be the +5 dmg / dmg type mods? Nothing like the mods which can be placed in Armor that add perks to weapons?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is the road to max power thing in the first post still the most efficient way? I made my Titan yesterday and got to 20 just by dicking around in the EDZ but I still have the vast majority of the story left to do.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tried the raid. Went in blind made it to the second part called barhing pools we had it down to the part where the lanterns became killable but didn't have the DPS to kill them before the fail
Timer. Mostly 270s except me and another titan.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Is the road to max power thing in the first post still the most efficient way? I made my Titan yesterday and got to 20 just by dicking around in the EDZ but I still have the vast majority of the story left to do.

Well, from what I know now, I would recommend getting as high as you can power wise before finishing story. The story drops many exotics and you want them as high level as possible to drop for you. So keep doing what you are doing to get that PL up to 265 or even 270 if you can. then finish it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm assuming the legendary mods being sold reset each week? Hesitant to buy some of them because the mod is useless for arclock in some cases

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do they scale though? I just finished the first two missions on Titan and the exotic reward is L4 power 105 even though I'm 20 and power 201.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Spent ~4 hours chaining PEs on Titan last night. Went front 204 to 215. Seems shitty :(

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Do they scale though? I just finished the first two missions on Titan and the exotic reward is L4 power 105 even though I'm 20 and power 201.
So maybe I'm wrong then and only the exotic quests after story is done drop at higher power level then. I only got 20 last night on alt and have not had a chance to advance story further yet.