Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So maybe I'm wrong then and only the exotic quests after story is done drop at higher power level then. I only got 20 last night on alt and have not had a chance to advance story further yet.
Yea, I think gear within the main story does not scale, but the gear from after story quests will (like the exotic you get from Zavala).

Truehawk

Molten Core Raider
Is there any interest in doing the raid on PS4 as a clan? The reason I ask is that the entire guild gets a raid weapon from hawthorne if we beat it as a clan. I am more than willing to help out here (288 titan/286 hunter) just to get the loot for the rest of the clan.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Is there any interest in doing the raid on PS4 as a clan? The reason I ask is that the entire guild gets a raid weapon from hawthorne if we beat it as a clan. I am more than willing to help out here (288 titan/286 hunter) just to get the loot for the rest of the clan.

I'm down.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Love me some easter eggs, makes me wonder what other secrets are hidden in the world.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

I would be down too but it would have to be later for me, im not a 7:30 raider as I got family shit. More like 10PM EST for me. Im not sure if I would be effective yet at 271.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So how does power actually affect things in D2? In Y1 D1 there was a pretty hefty penalty for being lower light than the shit you fought, but almost no benefit once you go beyond their level.

Has that changed?

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
I'm 285 I would be up for the raid. Later tonight or if not that still need to do the nightfall

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Please do this so us plebs who can only play 2-3 times a week and are still 230 can get some sweet stuff :p

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yes plox on that raid shizzle. I'll try to get up high enough in light level this weekend if you guys haven't completed it by that point.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah if im too low right now at 271, My second character is good to go now and gonna grind out some more shit to hopefully hit 280-290 by this weekend.

spronk

FPS noob
So how does power actually affect things in D2? In Y1 D1 there was a pretty hefty penalty for being lower light than the shit you fought, but almost no benefit once you go beyond their level.

Has that changed?

yes, for a while now in both D1 and in D2 of course going above the mobs power level means you do extra damage to it. In D1 PVE it was 7% every 10 light levels or so, and capped out I think at 40 light levels, so a 300 against a 260 mob would be doing 28% more damage than a 260 player. Thats PVE only, PVP used different scaling. I don't think anyone has run comprehensive testing in D2 to see what the power scaling is yet, but I imagine its going to be fairly similar. It also affects damage taken from mobs, don't remember the scaling numbers off the top of my head but its similar. Raid mobs start at 260 and the final few fights are 270 I believe, prestige will probably be 310-330? Normal raid drops do seem to scale + with player power levels, all the drops I saw were 300-305 for people in their 290s.

I'm down to raid as a clan but I think realistically should assume may not actually kill the final boss, and that needs to be done for the clan engram to unlock. I saw Triplewreck go against the final boss for like 7 hours last night and not sure if they actually killed him or not, and they weren't scrub players or anything. Only a handful of people have beaten it, it seems to require a lot of voice comms work and high DPS and minimal dying. I'd assume the normal raid gets nerfed a little bit when the prestige version is released, and honestly would rather just faceroll my way through that than spend hours and hours wiping on shit, my wow raiding days are long behind me. The raid looks kinda stupid tbh, like it feels like a weird twitch channel instead of a lore-driven PVE raid.

Save your legendary shards, Xur arrives tomorrow and people expect him to sell a few things at 20-40 shards per item. He will depart after 48 hours I think, so he is here friday at 3am till sunday at 3am?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How shards have people saved up? I've not been actively saving them at all, but still have nearly 700.