Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Zarcath

Silver Squire
It's all good feedback. Some of it is on the nose, other stuff is off base with the full investment. Some of the weirdness you might feel is bringing D1 learned behavior/expectations into D2. When you get the actual leveling/campaign experience I think, when you get to level 20, you'll be better adjusted to the world of D2, instead of going straight from D1 (or PUBG) to D2.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's all good feedback. Some of it is on the nose, other stuff is off base with the full investment. Some of the weirdness you might feel is bringing D1 learned behavior/expectations into D2. When you get the actual leveling/campaign experience I think, when you get to level 20, you'll be better adjusted to the world of D2, instead of going straight from D1 (or PUBG) to D2.

Can you provide any information on how many people we will be able to see out in the world? Will it be like D1 with a very limited number of people or more open/mmo like? My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I haven't been following it super closely.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So, let's make PC 6v6 and 8v8 to truly be the master race.

I would definitely switch to PC then. But this is not a minor problem of just changing code from 4 to 6 or 8. The fucking maps themselves are designed around this terribad idea of 4v4.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
There will be a group of us working towards ongoing improvements for PvP, much like how D1 PvP improved over time.

I wasn't tuned in to the open world matchmaking numbers, it might be a bit more from D1? But I think we used those dollars on more "other stuff" (bad guys, fx, things, etc)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The time to kill makes PvP feel sluggish and also limits the outplay potential in 1vMany situations.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hit registration is wonky too, but that might be from diminished aim assist. I'm really concerned for hand cannons being the go to primary.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So far, with the one strike we have, PvE seems more the same and I am happy for that. I would expect PvP to be expanded at some point. The one thing about D1 that was good is they were always willing to work on improving the game, making more modes and fixing the horrible item grinds. I wouldn't be surprised to find some more expanded PvP modes make it into the game eventually. Especially if they get strong feed back from the community. With my very limited beta experience atm, I'll do PvP for the daily shits, but it won't be the go to time waster like it was in D1.

Gear might change that though, but we'll see.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean this game PvP was it for me and others like me. Some liked to grind the same fucking raid over and over, but I liked to PvP, I had close to 1000 hours spread over 3 characters that was almost pure PvPage. They better fix this shit or people like me will bounce. This 4v4 shit aint flying. Basically making every PvP match into trials is not what I consider fun.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm concerned about the fixed perks on weapons as it pertains to extending the game life between content cycles. Its not like because I have a sureshot/rangefinder/rifled barrel/LitC Eyasluna I literally slay everyone without resistance. Quite a few weapons in the archtype can perform quite well with just rifled barrel and anything else is a bonus. The grind to get one was a reason to do weekly bounties and be excited everytime you got a drop postgame. I love the fuck out of playing D1 atm, but doing the weekly quests aren't nearly as essential as they once was because I have all the nice things. They always had a few meta weapons that you could buy from a vendor while you waited for a godroll to come your way. Pretty much it's trials on the weekend with no real reason to play through the week. I never thought the RNG in D1 was that, bad without it I don't know how long I could continue playing. Hopefully the legendary items are super rare or restricted to end game content.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They could allow 6v6 in the "low intensity" maps, while still having 4v4 in the "high intensity" ones, I could see that happening later on.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm concerned about the fixed perks on weapons as it pertains to extending the game life between content cycles. Its not like because I have a sureshot/rangefinder/rifled barrel/LitC Eyasluna I literally slay everyone without resistance. Quite a few weapons in the archtype can perform quite well with just rifled barrel and anything else is a bonus. The grind to get one was a reason to do weekly bounties and be excited everytime you got a drop postgame. I love the fuck out of playing D1 atm, but doing the weekly quests aren't nearly as essential as they once was because I have all the nice things. They always had a few meta weapons that you could buy from a vendor while you waited for a godroll to come your way. Pretty much it's trials on the weekend with no real reason to play through the week. I never thought the RNG in D1 was that, bad without it I don't know how long I could continue playing. Hopefully the legendary items are super rare or restricted to end game content.
I think we might see perks added into a gun via Mods, it appears that we'll be able to switch elemental dmg types via mods, so why not extra perks?

Ryan

Trakanon Raider
Curious why some people are down on the 4v4 PvP? Is it because it clashes with the 6 man raid team size? Some other reason?

For me just from a PvP standpoint I am fine with 4v4, makes it a bit more Halo-like.

I am not sure about what if anything the "quick play" and "competitive" distinction implies though. If they add ranking systems, which I hope they do, each PvP mode should have it. If they are going to have only the countdown mode for ranked that's pretty stupid.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Curious why some people are down on the 4v4 PvP? Is it because it clashes with the 6 man raid team size? Some other reason?

For me just from a PvP standpoint I am fine with 4v4, makes it a bit more Halo-like.

I am not sure about what if anything the "quick play" and "competitive" distinction implies though. If they add ranking systems, which I hope they do, each PvP mode should have it. If they are going to have only the countdown mode for ranked that's pretty stupid.

One glaring issue right off the bat - if raids are 6-man still, then usually people like running with their same group/clan. If you build up a nice rhythm with your raid group, then usually it would be nice to continue that with PvP.....so now what? Two of you are gonna have to sit on the sidelines and rotate in? Arena size should at the minimum match raid size, so your group/clan can run content together seamlessly throughout the game.

I have not pre-ordered, but I will play the open beta in a few days. That being said, if this is just a rehash of Destiny 1 except for better graphics, I'm going to hold off a bit and see how it plays out. I put hundreds of hours into Destiny 1, but if this is suppose to be reboot I want to know that it's going to be significantly improved, instead of feeling like this is just the latest, largest expansion for the original.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Definitely looks like another expansion to me...I mean wtf they couldn't even add a new class?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Definitely looks like another expansion to me...I mean wtf they couldn't even add a new class?

Haven't been following this, but was thinking of picking it up but couldn't believe that was true. Nothing "new" in a new game? I looked it up now, and it seems it is even made simpler than the first?

Arguably the most interesting change here for players of the first Destiny is the revision to how your Subclass Passives work. Instead of a broad choice of any combination, you're now restricted to one of two paths, and the four passives within them. Essentially, it's the four on the top branch, or the four on the bottom branch - so it's just a choice of one branch between the two. Here's Destiny 2 project lead Mark Noseworthy clarifying things a little on Twitter:

The paths in each subclass can't be mixed and matched. They are designed to work as a group of 4 together.
e.g. This path or that path. Thomas on Twitter

— Mark Noseworthy (@knowsworthy) May 22, 2017
It's quite the simplification over the old method, it seems.

When reading on that page, it keeps saying "the changes are somewhat more subtle than before."

Subtle streamlined (simplified) changes to sub classes and no new classes doesn't exactly scream "2.0".

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I do like how they changed the sub class trees, much easier to read and understand.

Particle effects seem a bit over the top when in crazy fights, hard to tell what's going on sometimes. It does look gorgeous though on my PS4 Pro.