Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well I admit, the opening movie was fucking intense and has me excited to be playing!

spronk

FPS noob
playing no problem for me, solid 144 fps on a gsync monitor so far can change FOV from default 90 to 105.

The default video settings are really weird though on a 1080 for me, it has shadow quality low, DoF low, and medium for a lot of stuff. I probably need to donwnload the latest nvidia drivers and run the optimizer, but gonna wait a day or two.

Also option to mute when tabbed out, which is awesome I hate that about PUBG. No probs at all with borderless windowed although it defaults to fullscreen.

I also wonder... will DLC for Destiny 2 PC be delayed a month or come out on time? I only have base PS4 version (digital), I might buy the full version for PC if DLCs come out on parity with console. AT best buy destiny 2 with GCU would be $38+tax, since its part of the $10 pre order reward zone bonus

Malkav

French Madman
Feels sooo much better to be able to play it with kb/mouse.

Oh, and thanks Bungie for real 21:9, yes, even the cutscenes are fullscreen on WQHD.
Small bug at character creation on 21:9 though, it cuts the head of the character.

Zarcath

Silver Squire

Oh, and thanks Bungie for real 21:9, yes, even the cutscenes are fullscreen on WQHD.
Small bug at character creation on 21:9 though, it cuts the head of the character.

PM me a screenshot of that when you get a chance please

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Any headstart codes left? I don't really wanna violate my no pre-orders policy but I'm off today and bored AF.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Any headstart codes left? I don't really wanna violate my no pre-orders policy but I'm off today and bored AF.
I thought that was the only reason why people bought Destiny.... Space COD that cant go wrong... (well...it did go wrong but....)

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm just fucking FLOORED by how good this is. I cannot even.

Side note: Had a brown, then black screen and kicked to desktop crash, before I could restart the client I was kicked and removed from the Strike, we'd just entered a large room with 3 Harpies at the bottom.

I've encountered this brown/black screen thing in a few games recently, anyone know what's the likely cause?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Random question since I saw this goes open beta tomorrow so I'll probably check it out, how soloable is Destiny, other than the weekly raid shit? I know it's more or less a mmo, does that mean that you have to group to level or can you level solo, do you have to group for all of endgame, or only the raid part? Haven't played first one so curious.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Also have a question, a mate has a issue with the cinematics/sound, everything plays at double speed, is there a fix for this?

Zarcath

Silver Squire
I'm just fucking FLOORED by how good this is. I cannot even.

Side note: Had a brown, then black screen and kicked to desktop crash, before I could restart the client I was kicked and removed from the Strike, we'd just entered a large room with 3 Harpies at the bottom.

I've encountered this brown/black screen thing in a few games recently, anyone know what's the likely cause?

if you're getting this across multiple games, might be a driver issue

Onoes

Trakanon Raider

It's on the spaceship menu too, I'm sitting next to my girlfriend playing and we are comparing everything. When I saw my char head cut off on the opening menu I thought for sure they had half assed the 21:9, but in game, its just more sweet, sweet real estate.

And yes, so far, everything is fucking great. Sooooooooo much better to be on the PC <3

spronk

FPS noob
I gotta say, I'm a "meh, consoles are just as good as PC" kinda guy but I am also pretty floored by how smooth and nice the game is feeling on PC. It might be because I've put 500+ hours into destiny 1 on PS4 so I just know everything at a glance, but the PC version is just feeling and looking so goddamn CRISP its almost a different game.

I'm still playing on PS4, because i get in a month early, but I'll 100% definitely be double dipping on PC and will probably switch to that most of the time

The beta is wide open tomorrow on PC, at this point unless you have super slow internet you aren't gonna get much. you can pre order from amazon and probably still get a preload code.