Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's spelled out in the TWAB. Softcap 1200, hard 1250, pinnacle 1260.

Minimum level is being raised once again to 1050 on launch day. I don't know why, but it is. Don't infuse anything now.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
really no point in grinding right now when soft cap will be... 1100? in a few days

edit: nice use of Paint It Black in the trailer, always a good decision when it's a "am I hearing <song name here>?" moment
Thats what I figured. I was told I had to be 1060 for the expansion but that didn't make sense.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
What Breakdown said is correct.

Destiny 2 Vendor Engrams will show you if a vendor is dropping high so you can use some other materials. Powerful rewards are the key here in the Director.

Once you hit raw 1050 (without your artifact) it's time for the weekly Pinnacle rewards +1-2 power levels. Don't be doing Pinnacles until you've hit 1050. It's a 3-4 week Pinnacle grind to hit 1060. Took me 5 weeks to get to 1060 on my Titan because I just couldn't get the last item to drop on a Pinnacle. To possibly speed things up, do all your pinnacles on one character, move weapons across, and start again on the next, you can normally eek out a little more power per week doing this.
Love the game, play a TON, but I will point out that 1060 in 3-4 weeks is impossible. There are 8 gear slots, and you only start going up once your average level reaches the next highest level. Pinnacle drops give you +1 level, except for the weekly, which will give you +2. (correct me if I'm wrong on those numbers)

So, if you are 1050 and do all 9 possible activities for Pinnacle drops per week, you could at MAX get 1 total power, with 1 extra reward. (Events like Iron Banner or The Haunted Forest can add in a couple of extra's, but it's outside the normal week to week play)

That means, if you never got a duplicate slot drop (which there are no systems in place to help with to my knowledge), to go from 1050 to 1060 would take 9 weeks total at best. Again, this is if you did EVERY activity that would give you a Pinnacle, and had your lowest slots drop every time.

I've had a week where I was 1055 and I had 6 level 1056 helmets drop when that was my only 1056 item, a.k.a. bad luck -I'm totally fucked that week.

As it is, I've been at 1060 in every slot except for one for 4 weeks, doing most of the pinnacles every week, and just never getting that one slot I need to replace my 1059 arms.

Not trying to shit on what you are saying, hell maybe there is a ton here I just have no clue about... but I "think" I know what I'm talking about. Correct me if I'm wrong, like I said, love the game and would like to know more, especially if its something I am fundamentally messing up.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
You get 9 items +2 (4 raids, 2 dungeons, 1 100k ordeal, 1 master nightmare, 1 mission)

You get at least 4 +1 ( 1 gambit, 1 for 3 strikes, 1 crucible, 1 clan reward)

plus you can swap weapon between your chars for a level boost.

3-4 weeks is probably doable if lucky and doing 3 chars simultaneously with weapons swapping. personally it took 8-9 weeks with a single character, but i got super unlucky on the last piece.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You dont really need it anyway. Aside pinnacle PvP events like Trails of Osiris where your TRUE power matters, because the Artifact power gets disabled, anything in PvE can be made up just by grinding more exp to level up that artifact. Only activity that comes to mind are the master nighfalls which are 1100 power. And even in trials skill matters more than light anyway as long as youre within 3-5 light levels. In iron banner it didnt really matter that much from what I could see. I hovered around the 1055-1057 for most of the Iron banners. And in fact one of the bounties was made easier if you were lower light anyway. So in reality the ONLY activity that really needs your light to be as close to 1060 was Trials, or if you wanted to be the first to try your luck at master nightfalls at the beginning of season.

Last edited:

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
You need 1075 for Grandmaster, which is pretty much the ultimate PvE activity. So with 1055 light level, you would probably not be able to do GM when they came out. Keep in mind that this season was longer than usual, so you have less time to farm the artefact normally.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Youre not doing it at 1060 either, unless you grind that artifact anyway. What im saying is for PvE it CAN be made up with artifact. Youre just going to have to grind those bounties more. And while this season was longer, I did not play as much and I was still close to 1080 (1057 no artifact), I think like level 290 on my season pass? And I was not really trying either. Others that grind more have their season close to 500-600 by now, lol. I Took weeks and weeks off at a time and really just came back for the Iron Banner tokens. Plus you have to ve VERY lucky on those drops. There has been weeks that I have gotten nothing but special weapons. Or a fucking ass cloth 3x. Destiny does that. It reminds me if Destiny one and the meme forever 199 or whatever the light was back then, lol. Because you were looking for that one drop, like boots for weeks and weeks.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Love the game, play a TON, but I will point out that 1060 in 3-4 weeks is impossible.
Not at all impossible. You can hit the pinnacle cap across one of three characters in a week or two with enough (perfect) luck. Right now, Garden of Salvation alone can give you 15 pinnacle drops every single week (4 encounters + challenge), covering every slot other than heavy. You have Prophecy and Pit both guaranteeing pinnacle armor. You then have a chance of vanguard, crucible, Gambit, nightmare hunts all randomly filling that heavy slot. Hard, random, unlikely, but not impossible.

Your numbers are off. The default for pinnacles is +2 over your base level. Only the ritual rewards from strikes, crucible and gambit are +1.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Loaded it back up, I'm 750 Light, and it threw me into a mission where I was rescuing Eris? Was fun. The gunplay, as it always has been, is so smooth. Looks amazing on my new UW as well. Love it.

Fadaar

That guy
So hyped they’re bringing hand cannons back into line. Ace back in the lineup boys, prob my fav gun feel wise.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just hope they dont end up ruling over PvP again 99.95% like they did before. Makes the whole crucible experience stale as fuck having 1-2 hand cannons everyone uses.

Crone

There's a story to work through and levels to get with the Shadowkeep expansion, correct? Or should I skip that, not buy it, and just buy Beyond Light?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There's a campaign to play through, a great raid, and some important exotics tied to Shadowkeep. Not sure I'd advocate buying it right now though, it's unclear what's going to be made free with the launch of the next one.

• 1Like

Crone

There's a campaign to play through, a great raid, and some important exotics tied to Shadowkeep. Not sure I'd advocate buying it right now though, it's unclear what's going to be made free with the launch of the next one.
Gotcha. I'll wait and see.

Fadaar

That guy
Shadowkeep campaign has a few exotics that you get after you complete it. I think all 3 classes have an exotic with 2 of them being good. IIRC the Hunter one is kinda shit but the Warlock and Titan are good.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
im sure they will have some bundle soon that has the whole game and all exp packs. And sometimes it goes on sale too. But IMO if you like the game just fucking buy it and enjoy.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's a story to work through and levels to get with the Shadowkeep expansion, correct? Or should I skip that, not buy it, and just buy Beyond Light?
Wait a week if not two. Buy beyond light and see what it gets you.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So who else is excited for this shit to drop. First real content drop since what? The moon?

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah Shadowkeep was kinda lame overall content wise. Hopefully this is more on par with Forsaken as far as new zones. Get the new/old Cosmodrome and Europa which is nice. I kinda miss Venus though, was prob my favorite D1 world.

Last edited: