Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I honestly think they're going to wreck people's shit on the day 1 raid. What a menace.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All they needed to do was have a post campaign quest series that has you go out and research wtf just happened and find out about the Veil. I imagine that will come in the various seasons they release this year. I do agree with Byf that it was poorly handled.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My buddy and I finished duo'ing the Legendary campaign last night and a couple parts were fairly challenging for two people.

Like others have said...there are some bright points, but so far I'm genuinely disappointed. Witch Queen really raised the bar and maybe that gave a lot of us unrealistic expectations. Regardless, this expansion doesn't come close to WQ, but it's not even 48 hours old so I accept the possibility that there's a positive trajectory on the horizon, but I don't see it.

Fadaar

That guy
All they needed to do was have a post campaign quest series that has you go out and research wtf just happened and find out about the Veil. I imagine that will come in the various seasons they release this year. I do agree with Byf that it was poorly handled.

the machine gun quest is kind of like that. kind of. bungie has a lot of lore questions to fill in right now lol.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kinda late but I don’t understand what everyone on YouTube or social media is surprised about. Destiny has always had sub par story (not lore). At least, to me. I dread the initial leveling up story, just as I do on WoW. Especially due to the fact that you must do it 3 times. People only heralded witch queen as great because destiny has always been so mediocre when it comes to their main campaigns. Bar was low to begin with

bungie excels at gameplay, art and systems these days. I wish they’d just take that dev time and dump it into more expansive dungeons or raid wings. Anything else besides their campaign content

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I mean campaign is one (3) and done really, they should be concentrating on shit people do every day like ritual playlists and other such crap. Dont get me wrong campaign is nice and all but if it takes away from other shit they could be doing like making seasonal shit not boring and those damn rituals which they have not done anything with in a while. How bout soem more cool quests, flesh out the panets a bit with actual content so they are worth visiting again. Plus the loot, shit man they need to get on that. Not only is balance all out of whack in PvE, as in 3/4 of the guns are totally useless other than in lowbie activities like vanguard playlist and still feel like shit, they keep recycling the same guns over and over just with new perks.

• 3Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kinda late but I don’t understand what everyone on YouTube or social media is surprised about. Destiny has always had sub par story (not lore). At least, to me. I dread the initial leveling up story, just as I do on WoW. Especially due to the fact that you must do it 3 times. People only heralded witch queen as great because destiny has always been so mediocre when it comes to their main campaigns. Bar was low to begin with

bungie excels at gameplay, art and systems these days. I wish they’d just take that dev time and dump it into more expansive dungeons or raid wings. Anything else besides their campaign content
I don't have anything to say other than this is a fair comment.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah writing quality is way down on this campaign, they usually can’t write for shit without the Hive being involved it seems. I did enjoy the lead up mission getting to Neptune, almost felt like I was playing Halo, but it went down hill the second Nimbus got any focus. Just an annoying character all around with no value to me. The core mechanics of the game are as good as ever though. Enjoying the new enemies, always a fan of killing big space gorillas. Strand is fun, but dreading how fucked it’s going to be in Crucible.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I cannot stand strand personally. Great concept - until your spiderman webhook is on a 1-2 minute fucking cool down. It could have been great to use as fun traversal. I am looking at my new solar build now - grendade and knife city with healing. I need the exotic arms (Hoping it is on Xur this week) , and need to check out the stats of all my gear to match a loadout I saw.

But basically, fuck strand in the ass. Might not be a popular opinion but they had a chance to make traversal something viable and then fucked it all up with CDs. Maybe my opinion will change but MusicForFish MusicForFish , Dex, and I had to cheese the fuck out of Headlong just to get passed that godforsaken quest. Whoever designed that should be hung out to dry. Along with whoever the hell thought Nimrod was a good idea.

One more quest to go to complete the campaign, they have seasons to explain the baseline stuff of the veil whatever the hell it is, and I hope they have the WQ team on the next expansion to wrap it all up. I have a feeling the raid for this expansion will be pure fucking aids if Headlong is any indicator of what is to come.

• 3Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm really enjoying Strand with Quicksilver on the Titan.

20230304013813_1.jpg

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I cannot stand strand personally. Great concept - until your spiderman webhook is on a 1-2 minute fucking cool down. It could have been great to use as fun traversal.

All of the fragments were unlocked at like midnight ET yesterday. I suggest waiting a couple of days, seeing what people cook up. Strand looks insane actually. I will say however that it feels more like an MMO rotation. You need to keep a certain order of things to maintain it all.

After sleeping on it a couple of days, Nimbus isn't really that different from Cayde-6 or even Fynch. Just had some tone deaf moments.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Lenas Lenas add me back to the clan!

Too many shitters on consoles that were joining and not participating, had to disable open joining. Post your bungie ID or DM it and I'll send an invite. Unless we are already friends (?) then I'll send one when I get on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
After sleeping on it a couple of days, Nimbus isn't really that different from Cayde-6 or even Fynch. Just had some tone deaf moments.

Cayde-6's story line and emotional grasp at the end destroyed Nimrod in every facet and every level. Nimrod just flat out sucks and is completely unlikable. At least Cayde-6 was entertaining and didn't just sit on his ass whining about shit all day throwing out horribly written dialogue. NImrod is complete cringe every time it opens it's mouth. :( Admittedly I have one last mission in the campaign but I doubt it will change much - if it gets even more cringe though I will laugh it off and go to work on seasonal stuff and all the other content :)

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Cayde-6's story line and emotional grasp at the end destroyed Nimrod in every facet and every level. Nimrod just flat out sucks and is completely unlikable. At least Cayde-6 was entertaining and didn't just sit on his ass whining about shit all day throwing out horribly written dialogue. NImrod is complete cringe every time it opens it's mouth. :( Admittedly I have one last mission in the campaign but I doubt it will change much - if it gets even more cringe though I will laugh it off and go to work on seasonal stuff and all the other content :)

I mean you had all of D1 with Cayde and over a year of him in D2 with an entire expansion dedicated to his death, not really fair to compare. That doesn't make a lot of his dialogue any less corny when put in direct comparison to Nimbus though. Like I said, they get a little better post campaign and cool down with some of the cowabunga shit.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Too many shitters on consoles that were joining and not participating, had to disable open joining. Post your bungie ID or DM it and I'll send an invite. Unless we are already friends (?) then I'll send one when I get on.
Should be friends. Applied as well so if theres an inbox for the clan it should be in there.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Two day raid launch confirmed 1780 cap for all encounters. No problemo.

My warlock is already 1782 and I haven't even done all my powerful, much less pinnacles for the week yet.

Had 12 artifact unlocks (cap) at season rank 41.

• 1Like