Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Two day raid launch confirmed 1780 cap for all encounters. No problemo.

My warlock is already 1782 and I haven't even done all my powerful, much less pinnacles for the week yet.

Had 12 artifact unlocks (cap) at season rank 41.

They way they talk about this "nightmare", this might be Nezarec you fight, or a few of his minions and taken which he supposedly controls. Supposedly hes taken over some of the computer systems on that world, a prison of some sort in a vex network? So my bet is raid being in some alternate reality digital world like parts of the new strike... Or he finally escapes since in the strike he mentions he needs more power to get free? Is that the veils power?

He showed up in the new strike as a voice, and the quest for the exotic has him with a few voice lines if you equip the proper exotic, nazrecs sin, or his glave from the season of the haunted, otherwise they are unintelligable. Other whispers occur during patrols on Neoluna as well. All possibly hinting that this is a part of the new raid or in whole?

Last edited:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Destiny franchise is just mystery boxes stacked inside each other like a Russian doll. The original developers had a plotline and when that got nuked a year before Destiny 1 shipped everything went sideways. Its quite sad as the gameplay itself has been and continues to be quite good.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
I cannot stand strand personally. Great concept - until your spiderman webhook is on a 1-2 minute fucking cool down. It could have been great to use as fun traversal. I am looking at my new solar build now - grendade and knife city with healing. I need the exotic arms (Hoping it is on Xur this week) , and need to check out the stats of all my gear to match a loadout I saw.

But basically, fuck strand in the ass. Might not be a popular opinion but they had a chance to make traversal something viable and then fucked it all up with CDs. Maybe my opinion will change but @MusicForFish, Dex, and I had to cheese the fuck out of Headlong just to get passed that godforsaken quest. Whoever designed that should be hung out to dry. Along with whoever the hell thought Nimrod was a good idea.

One more quest to go to complete the campaign, they have seasons to explain the baseline stuff of the veil whatever the hell it is, and I hope they have the WQ team on the next expansion to wrap it all up. I have a feeling the raid for this expansion will be pure fucking aids if Headlong is any indicator of what is to come.

Bungie is terrified of what players could pull off with reasonable cooldowns. Guarantee you they're giving it a few weeks for the sploitz/bugs to be found and looked over before Strand cooldowns get adjusted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
That last boss fight for the campaign on legendary took me a minute, you basically have to go strand just to deal with everything pushing you off the fucking platforms. I'm liking the increase to difficulty at the base level, game was definitely getting to easy for the majority of content.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That last boss fight for the campaign on legendary took me a minute, you basically have to go strand just to deal with everything pushing you off the fucking platforms. I'm liking the increase to difficulty at the base level, game was definitely getting to easy for the majority of content.
I dont do hard mode campaign. I usually do all the campaign shit on EZ. The legendary is like dragging your dick throug glass, at least for me. I have no patience wiping to some dumb stuff and having to redo an entire section. It reminds me of soloing dungeons. Yeah I can do it after xx tries, but why? The extra loot isnt even anything special other than upgrade cores and world drops and blues. Exotic at end can be farmed EZ mode in one of the lost sectors. 20 extra light at end with the blue set they give you, I mean if thats worth your dick on a cheese grater than sure. Especially this one where they make you do the strand shit on your optimized void or solar build? Yeah ok. No thanks.

But yeah the upped difficulty on the rest of the game is welcome. With all the 3.0 changes and exotics we have gotten in the past year the rest of the game other than GM was pretty boring other than the seasonal stuff where they ramped up the difficulty.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I mean you had all of D1 with Cayde and over a year of him in D2 with an entire expansion dedicated to his death, not really fair to compare. That doesn't make a lot of his dialogue any less corny when put in direct comparison to Nimbus though. Like I said, they get a little better post campaign and cool down with some of the cowabunga shit.

cowabunga shit what? Nimrod is poorly written and this goes past the unfinished business quest dex and I just completed. Going to eat, took a shower, and getting back on so expect a drunk invite so I can cowabunga your headset what do you think about that?!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh. Haha I still headphone bombed you. Pizza time! And back at it later !

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
(It did get a little better with the unfinished business quest but I didn’t want to admit it) 😃

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Here is how easy it is to make this story good and they fuck it up.

Killing off Rohan was telegraphed a mile away. Here’s how you make this better. He was almost at his 10 years. We don’t know how close but they imply he was almost done. Nimbus has awhile ahead of him. We know rogan was done soon cause he basically says how he doesn’t have much time left but needs to end the threat before his time so he knows his people are safe. Nimbus is brash and says how he’s never seen a strider die, they always expire. Nimbus is brash because of this, almost has a devil may care attitude. He thinks he’s invincible.

Have him try to do what Rohan did. Story being that he’s so cocky he thinks he can save the day, ultimately dying to destroy the radial mast. Rohan is in shambles because his protege is gone and with all his people in cryosleep he can’t make a new one right now and his days are numbered. Heightens the stakes for him. He and Osirus could bond and talk about their loss of power and hopelessness and how they can no longer protect those they care about.

As the campaign ends Rohan time runs out. His lasts words imploring Osirus and The Guardian to take over as the defenders of Neomuna. He died ending the cloud striders.

This gives Osirus his purpose back, and he becomes the planetary vendor. This also explains why we would stay on neomuna post campaign and explain continued content there. Hell in a few seasons we can have an event back there. More emotion and storytelling.

Also base the strang power on the veil. It’s feeding us power to help protect it. The veil is the travelers tool to create life - it’s how he terraforms or something so strand is life energy from that. Who knows

I came up with that on the shitter. I’m a drunk retard not a professional writer and I made a better stop gap campaign than Bungie did.

• 3Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Spoiler for Raid ending cutscene (apparently)

I'd hope there is another cutscene after that one... since that one is about as anti-climatic as anti-climatic could possibly get.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Doubt anything happens after that other than seasonal content. The post-raid cutscenes are always just a TLDR for the people that didn't/wont play them.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yup it just confirms that the opening and ending cutscenes were one split in two, and they jammed lightfall into the middle to give them another year. This was meant to be the full opening cutscene of the final game

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Could use a clan invite, Junun#9017
Didnt play last season so got booted from my old clan of randoms.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
First day 1 emblem in the books. What a raid.

Much like Vow of the Disciple though it'll be way easy come Sunday.

• 3Like

Fadaar

That guy
First day 1 emblem in the books. What a raid.

Much like Vow of the Disciple though it'll be way easy come Sunday.

Won't get a chance to do contest mode cause of work schedule but caught Aztecross's stream for the final boss/kill. They were damn near able to 1 phase on contest mode so yeah, gonna assume super easy come tomorrow afternoon.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Won't get a chance to do contest mode cause of work schedule but caught Aztecross's stream for the final boss/kill. They were damn near able to 1 phase on contest mode so yeah, gonna assume super easy come tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah our problem was being able to consistently get to DPS after the first phase. We completely missed a mechanic to save you from his wipe attack and just speed ran every round. This raid will be DSC level difficulty and a community farm favorite once LFG is in game, probably.

Oh and I got the exotic. Seems sick. Every slug shot is an alternating freeze/ignition. Gonna need to see how good it actually is.

• 1Like