Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Eh, the Last Wish weapons are worth farming. That and Kalli as an encounter is braindead simple. The fusion / rocket launcher are both great.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Im shocked they went with someone who isnt Non Binary. Theyve spent more dev time on that woke shit than making a playable game for the last 2 years.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Harry Lennix for peeps that have watched Blacklist could have slipped into Zavala’s shoes and I don’t think anyone would have noticed. Has an almost identical voice and cadence as Lance. I think Keith will be fine, but I’m gonna notice the difference, his voice is too icon in its own right. Harry Lennix - Wikipedia

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Harry Lennix for peeps that have watched Blacklist could have slipped into Zavala’s shoes and I don’t think anyone would have noticed. Has an almost identical voice and cadence as Lance. I think Keith will be fine, but I’m gonna notice the difference, his voice is too icon in its own right. Harry Lennix - Wikipedia

Yeah like Keith David is an amazing choice and will do good work but tto takeover?

Like When Fillion left and they had north do an impression I was fine wit hthat. Should have just had someone do a zavala rip off or AI for real. Going to be weird with this new voice icon taking over

Lenas

Trump's Staff

TL;DW:
- Live service/seasonal model is getting a change after TFS.
- PVP is getting a dedicated team (duration unknown?).
- Free PVP map packs are coming.
- Comp points being reworked to be a more standard rise or fall based on wins and losses not hidden MMR vs rank bullshit.
- Rift is getting kicked out of comp for a mode called Countdown Rush.
- A S22 cosmetic set is being added as a ritual reward instead as a sorry for the armor priority change.
- Joe himself committing to streaming & communicating over the next two seasons where he can do Q&A, he's gonna play higher end PVP with people, etc.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Post Final Shape the game is transitioning from 4 seasons a year to 3 "episodes" per year. Each episode will be standalone in three acts.

Last edited:

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
What's the consensus so far on Season of the Witch?
Only played a few hours last night. It seems pretty good for seasonal content. The new activity is fun enough. I'm just burned out on the battle pass and season grind to do everything after all these years of the exact same thing. Thankfully there is no power grind anymore. Will probably just do a little bit each week to advance the story and otherwise let things slide until TFS.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What's the consensus so far on Season of the Witch?

It good. The seasonal activity is a kind of a choose your own difficulty thing and you can stay in it as long as you have currency to start waves. If blueberries leave you will get more to back fill. It's actually pretty hard on level 3. The other activity is a tower climb that's also pretty fun and you can build a deck of 5 card buffs basically that you randomly benefit from one before each encounter. High enemy density in both activities.

All of the new Strand aspects are pretty good. Have yet to try most of the weapons but the season pass exotic being a hive boomer knight GL that doesn't need to reload is good fun.

Story content itself is good, but it's still weekly delivery on that front.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was hoping they would say that this would be the end of Destiny 2, but it looks like they will be going into an odd form...not quite maintenance mode, but not quite full on dev mode. If that makes sense. Maybe they will announce D3 after Marathon.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

[Episodes] will be bigger, more action-packed, and offer a fulfilling experience that players will want to take their time in. With the first three Episodes (Echoes, Revenant, and Heresy), players will contend with the aftermath of The Final Shape, with each Episode acting as a standalone narrative experience. More story beats? Check. More quests? Check. 200 Season Pass ranks? Check. New rewards? Check and check.

That doesn't really come off as sounding like "we're going into maintenance mode." Just maybe they don't wanna fully reveal their hand when the ending of their current hype is still six months out?

Lenas

Trump's Staff

confused swag GIF

• 1Worf