Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah I don't know why it needed to be touched in PVE. Both YAS and Antaeus are DOA now no matter where you play.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah I don't know why it needed to be touched in PVE. Both YAS and Antaeus are DOA now no matter where you play.

Guess it's Caliban's Hand for solar now, which sucks because I have a bad habit of using it point blank. That was my favorite part about using YAS, being immune to your grenade damage.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You are still immune to the self damage. It's just pointless to run YAS at all anymore because they changed grenade energy return to kills rather than to ability damage. They're ass now.

Fadaar

That guy
You are still immune to the self damage. It's just pointless to run YAS at all anymore because they changed grenade energy return to kills rather than to ability damage. They're ass now.

Yeah one knife trick and you'd be back to full. Also I was referring to Explosive Knife killing me when running Caliban.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Layoffs at Bungie today, being reported content is going to be delayed also.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I thought Sony was there to float cash to Bungie? WTF? Layoffs? They must have lost a ton of cash. OR Sony is going in there and doing some clean up work, lol. This is good for all of us consumers though. Bungie def need to eat a slice of humble pie. They have been consistently shitting on their fan base for a few years now. It definitely felt like Destiny 2 was becoming some 2nd rate chore to make content for. Like how much $$ is it now to get fully caught up with all expansions and add ons? Why is the game so noob unfriendly? Why are seasons so boring for the past 2 yrs?

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Feels to me like an exec level reaction to the last state of the game, game director having to publicly apologize among other things, having to create a PVP team from the ground up 7 years into the game, etc. Last 3 major releases have suffered delays and we're getting content shipped with unheard of bugs.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Delayed to June means season 23 will be 7 months long. I've basically lost all interest already after the huge letdown that Lightfall was. Glad I didn't preorder TFS already!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hit my normal wall and needed a break anyways, but I couldn't have picked a better time to need it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Loved playing Destiny 2 - but that "love" only lasted maybe two or three weeks. Game is just an absolute shitshow with trying figure out what DLCs you need, or how you acquire specific shit. Or what content you should do for what.

LOTRO suffers from this, among others. Just getting into Destiny is a fucking shit show, and that disfunction is what is keeping me from really ever playing it again despite really enjoying the actual gameplay.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
They really need a package that contains everything but the most recent expansion/season set, for a reasonable price, just like every other major multi expansion MMO/game seems to have. I’ve seen people kick around the idea of doing a subscription similar to how ESO does it, which would be better I guess, but is still not my favorite idea.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You mean this doesn't make sense? :p

Destiny 2
Oct 1, 2019
Free
IN LIBRARY

Destiny 2: Lightfall
Feb 28, 2023
$49.99

Destiny 2: Beyond Light
Nov 10, 2020
$29.99

Destiny 2: Forsaken Pack
Oct 1, 2019
$19.99
IN LIBRARY

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
Feb 22, 2022
$29.99

Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
Oct 1, 2019
$24.99

Destiny 2: Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack
Dec 7, 2021
$24.99

Destiny 2: Triumphant Silver Bundle
Dec 7, 2021
$14.99

Destiny 2: The Final Shape
Feb 27, 2024
$49.99

Destiny 2: Season of the Witch Silver Bundle
Aug 22, 2023
$14.99

Destiny 2: Legacy Collection (2023)
Feb 28, 2023
$59.99

Destiny 2: Throne of Atheon Emote Bundle
May 21, 2021
$14.99

Destiny 2: Lightfall + Annual Pass
Feb 28, 2023
$99.99

Destiny 2: Lightfall + Annual Pass Upgrade
Feb 28, 2023
$49.99

Destiny 2: The Final Shape + Annual Pass
Feb 27, 2024
$99.99

Destiny 2: Armory Collection (30th Anniv. & Forsaken Pack)
Mar 28, 2023
$29.99

Whatever could be confusing :p

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe Sony is removing all the useless Millennial bloat and the "they/ them" types in the "social" departments.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It’s less that it doesn’t make sense and more that trying to get anyone new to the game at this point to drop almost $300 to get up to date is retarded. It needs to be $50-$80 for the full package to get caught up to present. They need to lower their $100 price tag on their “annual” dlc and season bundle as well.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Trusted sources say that this had nothing to do with Sony. Now of course no one, only flies on the wall will ever know. But lets be real here folks. They have been trying to monetize the shit out of this game in the past year. At first it was only the store, then they raised prices on seasons, made seasonal dungeons separate cost, etc.... And of course the $250 entrance cost of any noob getting caught up on content is another reason the game is failing, hardly any new fresh blood. The last expansion was pretty shit, as the community sees it. The seasonal model is stale and pretty much the same shit repeated over and over for years now.

And then there are the promises. Trust us, we will add more stikes. We will make seasons more varied and better. we will add a LFG to the game, we will add more PvP maps....An yet here we are, almost a year later and none of that shit happened. Same old stale time locked seasons and one new PvP map? Strikes? I think they REMOVED more strikes in the last 3 yrs than adding new, lol.

Also, why the fuck did they get out from under Activision, which had 2 whole studios helping them make content for Destiny 2 starting with the Warmind/Mars expansion then leading into Forsaken and even beyond? I guess the Suits were not getting their fare share of the profits. Activision era was arguably the best time for content in D2s history. Anyway, so then they go all solo, YAY, we are finally FREE, we can do our own thing and not be held to Activision expectations or whatever. Suits can make more cash now!! Then you saw the decline of content. we had the shitty Shadowkeep and then Beyond light, which was OK but still not up to Warmind/Forsaken standards, at least IMO. And in the interim the same stale season model which never ever changed. People on reddit were all saying, "Dont worry! It will improve since they are by themselves again and need time...etc... blah blah..excuses....

Then they start looking to sell their shit again? Like I dont understand how they told us all how awesome it would be to be just Bungie again with no outside meddling, and then they try to sell again a few years later first to Microsoft, which saw their books and noped the fuck out, then dumb Sony stepped in and bought it for $3.6 billion, clearly overpaying for it now it seems but eyes filled with greedy GAS leadership from Bungie in future Sony products. But again why, why go through al the trouble of buying themselves out from under Activision only a few years later to try to sell their soul again. Makes no sense unless thiey forsaw how shitty things will be getting and wanted someone to purchase the problem, which is prob likely the case.

So basically the Bungie business model comes to clearer view... Bungie by themselves, management makes shitty decisions for flagship game and overall business model, they get in trouble with cash, sell their shit to new parent company, have the parent company now fix their shit so they are profitable and on the right course again, buy back their shit to be Bungie, fuck it all up again with shitty decisions and rinse and repeat, now with Sony...

And now lets take a look at the Bungie future...

So here we are almost in 2024... Destiny 2 is in a shit state. Monetization is off the charts. Content still stale. No new blood coming in because, well, who the fuck in their right nind wants to spend $250 for content, which BTW might be removed in the future, lol. And even if you can figure out what to buy in the first place. Its a stale game at this point which is, what, 8 yrs old? It would take DRASTIC changes to right that ship and I dont think they will do it. It will always have the core group playing their shit but lets face it, it will take a Destiny 3 to save Destiny 2 at this point.

Then we have their new PvP focused game, loot extraction with no PvE form what Im hearing which will only cater to a very niche PvP crowd. Escape from Tarkov released in what, 2017? And now in 2024 Bungie wants to get in on this? LOL? Does not sound like a winning formula. Instead of concentrating on their bread and butter which has always been PvE with casual PvP thown in, they go full PvP in a niche genre? Prob GAS game too with heavy monetization...This sounds like a fail right out of the gate to me, lol. Far from a company saving game.

Then 1-2 other titles which are far behind, prob in alpha state, none of which are Destiny 3? At first I was actually on board for a Destiny 2 with content just being added ad-infinitum, this was post Witch queen when they first talked about this model, and again with their yearly promises..etc.. But now after seeing 2 more yers of the same shit? Same mistakes being made, none of the promises kept...Im out.

1698819019862.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Maybe Sony is removing all the useless Millennial bloat and the "they/ them" types in the "social" departments.

Given that they laid off the entire musical composition team, including the guy that made all of the Destiny 2 music, its looking like a much deeper cut. I am gonna say the Final Shape will indeed be the Finale for Destiny 2.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They can probably lay off the majority of the people there now given that Final Shape was already mostly complete anyway and they sliced it into two expansions of which the first one reeks of it.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Final Shape needs to be the finale. They need an updated engine, servers, the whole thing needs a serious overhaul and duct taping D2 isn’t going to cut it.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I still go back to that original reveal trailer for Destiny and imagine what could have been had the first game not been fucked with

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users