Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
At least to my first impression of Destiny it as been all about the people... I don't want to bring Everquest up on its own but the good MMO's haven't been necessarily about the game but its ability to facilitate fun experiences to groups of people. Thus far, and I mean, really early into the game, it have done that for me. I don't think the game would be near as enjoyable if not for playing it with my friends. The missions have been a blast, talking things out, uncovering random areas, loots, and mobs all have been fun for us as a group.

I agree about the flavor. That's really what the game is lacking. Going back to my first point, right now, the people I play with have added that flavor but how long will they tolerate the game? Once the people begin tiring of the game, the flavor will quickly diminish. It needs some freshness added to it. I don't know what the plan is right now and we haven't dived into PvP and I still don't get the factions or how it fits into the Public Events but I think they have something good here if the right next steps are taken.

We still do not have raids yet correct? That should add a bit of something but not sure how much I like all this grouping, missions, and raiding with their current voice system. It is really lacking.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I have to hope that they have a pretty epic storyline mapped out. I mean you seen evidence of it here and there in a "nothing is quite as it seems" sort of way, especially with how you interact with some of the NPC factions. Then again maybe the Darkness really is just Ming the Merciless and we're all latter day Flash Gordons

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
This game is pretty legit. Don't be afraid to play with others, its more fun that way!

I wish there was a factions tab in your character sheet to see all factions at once.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't feel compelled to play this like i was hoping, its pretty decent but it doesn't grasp me with some urge to play it constantly from the get go which kind of sucks :\
I'll still play it since i only got to the first mission on the moon so far but yeah

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I feel compelled. Once you hit 20 it opens up heroic daily strikes/story missions and you can do the scaled up strikes for the vanguard marks to get the tower gear. Also dont forget the bounty board!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I have to hope that they have a pretty epic storyline mapped out. I mean you seen evidence of it here and there in a "nothing is quite as it seems" sort of way, especially with how you interact with some of the NPC factions. Then again maybe the Darkness really is just Ming the Merciless and we're all latter day Flash Gordons
If this was my title and I could make some changes, I would do this:

1) Kill off our Ghost early on in the first DLC (If it is story line based) and hire a decent voice actor/rewrite his dialogue. Dinklage isn't cutting it. Enter a new ghost. Or, throw a twist into it that Dinklage's ghost was actually working for the Fallen and we were tricked this entire time, which is why he was so horrible and not caring in his voice inflections.

2) Hire some level designers that can think more creatively than, "Ok so we are going to have this player go to this cave, find this gadget, have his ghost hack this gadget, and send 3 waves of enemies at them in increasing intensity while defending the ghost who hacks the gadget. Let's do that for the entire game. " That's fine for one mission out of every 12. But holy shit that's the entire game so far in the story missions. Who thought this was a good idea?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I feel compelled. Once you hit 20 it opens up heroic daily strikes/story missions and you can do the scaled up strikes for the vanguard marks to get the tower gear. Also dont forget the bounty board!
Yeah, I think I just need to play it more, everything i've done is still shit i did in beta. I'm guessing once i'm doing some fresh content it'll be funner lol

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Game still sitting at 7/10 for me but the pre-20 loot distribution is retarded, however ive found blade dancer to be the-jesus in pvp. I can use arc blades and run into rooms just wrecking shit, way better than gunslinger for enjoyment.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
If this was my title and I could make some changes, I would do this:

1) Kill off our Ghost early on in the first DLC (If it is story line based) and hire a decent voice actor/rewrite his dialogue. Dinklage isn't cutting it. Enter a new ghost. Or, throw a twist into it that Dinklage's ghost was actually working for the Fallen and we were tricked this entire time, which is why he was so horrible and not caring in his voice inflections.
Yeah, Tyrion is pretty boring. He sounds like he doesn't give a fuck.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
$500 Million in 24 hours. Looks like they made back that inflated budget in just a single day. Kind of rediculous if you think about it.

London, UK ? 10th September, 2014 ? Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that the company sold more than $500 million of Destiny into retail stores and first parties worldwide as of day one, making the game the biggest new video game franchise launch in history.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I watched a friend play this and have to ask: Where's the story? It just seems like a bunch of nebulous plot points that have you kill shit over and over on various planets in the solar system. I hear comparisons to Borderlands but games like Borderlands and Halo have more substantial story elements.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Tyrion is pretty boring. He sounds like he doesn't give a fuck.
I'm sure this was a popularity, headline type of business decision. He's arguably the most popular guy in Hollywood right now. I agree though... I would have preferred Jarvis's voice or possibly someone with a British accent. Just because it's Tyrion doesn't do it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
$500 Million in 24 hours. Looks like they made back that inflated budget in just a single day. Kind of rediculous if you think about it.
I would say that is more spin than normal. That isn't sell through to customers. Only what they shipped to retailers. I hate it when companies do this. Completely 100% misleading, and it is done on purpose.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah I noticed at Target instead of the usual locked up vidjamagames or maybe an endcap near the checkout register with some copies of Madden they had 3-4 cardboard towers full of Destiny sitting at different locations within the store.