Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
i dunno if its a platform thing on ps4 my bounty is just kill 3 fallen walkers not get the kill shot. did it already, 3x the devil walker in the divide spawns at :10-15 and :40-45

edit: nm i see what you guys mean i was the only one there so i got all the kill shots. i think if you fiddle around with your PS4 nat settings there is a way to force instances to be solo but dunno

also if you are a raider you can apparently get almost infinite queen bounty items, farm the 24 story, and convert the stuff to shards. make 3 person fireteam, one person turns in all their bounties (everyone gets a token), clear story, everyone gets drops, rinse and repeat

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So i was watching my son play this shit last night and he told me you cannot communicate with anyone easily in this game. What retard thought this was a good feature for a online multiplayer game?

Any plans to revert this shit? Or are they sticking by their retarded decision not to let people communicate?

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Didnt know about the hobgoblin sniper spot on first boss - what are the advantages of that?
Take your whole team to the floating island on the far left for the part where you are killing the boss. A lot of time he doesn't even shoot at you and even when he does it's easy to position yourself to not get hit. No need to worry about oracles because you're all in the same place for cleanse.

No one died in my PUG last night using this method and we killed him really fast.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
make 3 person fireteam, one person turns in all their bounties (everyone gets a token)
This doesn't work, only the person turning in the bounty gets a token. I'm sure I would have noticed it happening yesterday, but I just tested it specifically a few minutes ago. I turned in two bounties, other person in group got nothing.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
So i was watching my son play this shit last night and he told me you cannot communicate with anyone easily in this game. What retard thought this was a good feature for a online multiplayer game?

Any plans to revert this shit? Or are they sticking by their retarded decision not to let people communicate?
You can only voice talk with people in your party - there is no vicinity voice chat. They said they got rid of it due to concerns about abuse - although it seems like they could have just added mute options.

But that's how it is right now - I'm sure they will change it since there has been a lot of negative feedback.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I though you couldnt even talk with people in your party if they were not in your fireteam or some shit like that.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I know a lot of flame gets passed around about QA in gaming (trenchescomic.com) but good gravy either they didn't do a solid QA pass on this post-release content or they did and everyone was too wiped post-launch to do anything about it.

spronk

FPS noob
btw if you are having trouble doing the fallen walker queens bounty do devils lair strike at level 8 on earth, fallen walker is 2nd boss and it counts since your fireteam kills it. i also got an exotic bounty for turning in a queens bounty so that still counts

Fadaar

That guy
FYI for those of you who have Pocket Infinity -- the bounty for 2 kills 20 times with fusion rifles, as long as you don't let off the trigger you can chain the hell out of them. I got like 5/20 in one go with a pack of thralls.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
FYI for those of you who have Pocket Infinity -- the bounty for 2 kills 20 times with fusion rifles, as long as you don't let off the trigger you can chain the hell out of them. I got like 5/20 in one go with a pack of thralls.
I thought you had to get the kills on Nightfall?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
btw if you are having trouble doing the fallen walker queens bounty do devils lair strike at level 8 on earth, fallen walker is 2nd boss and it counts since your fireteam kills it. i also got an exotic bounty for turning in a queens bounty so that still counts
Except of course when you do the strike, get the killing blow on the Walker, and it still doesn't count...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So I'm at 27 Light at the moment, all Legendary no Exotics. My question is: Is it worth investing the Ascendant Shards in to this armor to get to 28, or wait until it is replaced with raid drops or an exotic that I'd use. It'd take quite a few shards to bump me to 28, if even possible (which it seems like it should be, but my math may be fuzzy).

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
yup, the absolute fastest and "best" way to level up is to do public events as much as you can (get to 100 weekly vanguard cap that way), PVP as much as you can (100 crucible cap), and then spend the rest of your time at the loot cave AFK or plinking away at level 5 mobs. you don't even have to run into the cave to loot anything, all purple/blue engrams will be in your mailbox when you go back to the tower. and yeah get those story missions done so you can unlock every planet.

Doing as many bounties as you can is good too, although skip any that seem impossible (and are literally impossible, like run salvage PVP when mode is a weekend only random one) since there is a small chance for any bounty turn in to give you an exotic bounty which is basically a long quest that rewards you an exotic weapon.

Every 12 hours there or so should net you a ton of blue engrams and a few purple engrams, and probably a few coins and mote of lights after conversion.

One thing I'd say is that I am sort of regretting main'ing my titan now, it feels like the weakest in both PVE and PVP. The good news is that its super easy to switch mains, I will probably switch to warlock once I hit r3 crucible this week. All my weapons can swap over, I already got all purples and an exotic on my warlock (from my titan), and I can toss over all my coins, motes, and consumables. The only thing you really lose is the faction rep you have gained.

I haven't done this weeks nightfall yet since I am grinding towards a solar rocket (machine guns suck so bad...) but here's a reddit post I saw on how to maybe avoid the minotaur at the end, dunno if it works (its a bit vague on whether you have to kill the minotaur or not):
Anyone else finding this similarity with Titan class? I thought they were pretty much required for raiding because of the bubble but maybe only one is needed? The thing I've run into on my Titan is that all that extra armor is next to worthless since everything is scaled. A sniper that one shots anyone else will also one-shot me. A stealth melee fallen that one shots anyone else also one shots me. The only difference seems to be that I have a bit more life when facing lower level enemies.

The warlock self revive seems like it is uber useful though for raid wipe prevention.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm talking about the normal Vanguard bounty to get 2 kills with a single fusion rifle shot 20 times. Pocket Infinity fires full auto once you unlock the ability on it.
I do that bounty at the WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE stage of the first moon mission. I wouldn't go full auto on the thralls though, each shot is capable of killing 4+ thralls. If you kill 4 you get two quest points, and 6 gets you three. With an 8 shot magazine I could probably complete the bounty without even having to die (reloading once). Takes me 2-3 deaths with my shitty blue fusion.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
For those of you doing the 200 Fallen headshots here is the Fallen version of the loot cave. Stand all the way back with your back to the wall and they will spawn endlessly.

rrr_img_76781.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
For those of you doing the 200 Fallen headshots here is the Fallen version of the loot cave. Stand all the way back with your back to the wall and they will spawn endlessly.
Problem with that is its a newb zone, where people constantly run in and out of that building.

For 200 headshots tho that is the hot spot