Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Get Vanguard and Crucible to rank 3, then switch to a faction you like by wearing their cape.

Complete queen's bounties to earn tokens to do her missions. you get 2 pieces of legendary gear from that.

Farm mats to upgrade your legendaries and exotics.

Shoot aliens.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Get to 21 ASAP (strike playlist, decoding engrams, etc.), do a few Queen bounties, then find someone to carry you through L24 Restorations until you get a nice helmet and chest. Do more bounties to level them up (don't spend any shards yet), do public events and L24 strike playlist for marks, buy boots/gloves with marks, level those up too. That's enough to take you to level 26, assuming you have a decent blue in the last slot. Now you just need a good gun, and you can do the L28 daily and weekly. Try to get someone to take you through the nightfall as well, high chance of getting a nice legendary or exotic.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I finally hit 20 on my Warlock. I have paid 0 attention to all the crap being discussed in this thread. Can someone give me a quick and dirty on what the hell I should be doing right when I hit 20? I have shit gear. Mostly green crap.
NM too drunk and browser wasnt updated.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Whoever was looking for a raid group on xbone add hoggfight102. We are looking for 1 more consistent each and every week to start trying hard mode.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I have a level 26 Titan and I already have theHelm of Inmost Light. Lately though I have really been loving playing the subclass that gives me the bubble shield Ward of Dawn so I haven't even been using Fist of Havoc to get the benefit from the helm. So my question is should I buy the helm that is for sale on Xur since it effects the special I use more often. I only have 13 strange coins so I would be all in.
If you PVP? Yes. It's great for point captures. For PVE? Maybe. It makes shit walk into your bubble and immediately walk out.

Did Nightfall raid. Fuck all shields. I'm sure if you dedicated people to taking down each type it'd be easy but I think everyone just went "LOL ARC DMG IZ GOOD". Me included.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
[360] I'm looking for one or two people who are level 29+ and have a mic who are interested in doing hard mode today probably around 6-7 pm EST.

Hit me up here or add me, ZaideGod on XBL.

Erie_sl

shitlord
why is the sniper rifle the only weapon to lose ammo in pvp on death, devs implement this shit when they're wasted or what

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
4 Queen's Wrath missions and 4 fucking chest pieces. To rub salt in the wound, my first vanguard purchase was the chest since my old one was terrible.

Vaclav

Heh, just realized last night you can (albeit in a different way) get two copies of a digital game in a household for one purchase - hopefully "Not for Resale" on the PS4 physical copy of Destiny doesn't mean anything for the wife's copy that came with her box since it's redundant due to that...

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Heh, just realized last night you can (albeit in a different way) get two copies of a digital game in a household for one purchase - hopefully "Not for Resale" on the PS4 physical copy of Destiny doesn't mean anything for the wife's copy that came with her box since it's redundant due to that...
You've always been able to share PSN digital purchases with mutiple consoles (I think the limit is around 3 console downloads per game). It really is the way to go if you don't care about reselling physical copies down the road.

Vaclav

You've always been able to share PSN digital purchases with mutiple consoles (I think the limit is around 3 console downloads per game). It really is the way to go if you don't care about reselling physical copies down the road.
Yea, but the PS3 method was very obvious - the PS4 one is a little less intuitive. (Set the second PS4 in the household to YOUR primary rather than setting your own console as your primary)

Vorph

Did Nightfall raid. Fuck all shields. I'm sure if you dedicated people to taking down each type it'd be easy but I think everyone just went "LOL ARC DMG IZ GOOD". Me included.
Not sure what you mean. Bringing double arc is the correct answer for this week's nightfall. Only someone with an Ice Breaker should have any other element equipped. There aren't enough centurions in the strike to bother otherwise, and the void shields on psions are so weak that even a Suros can take them off quickly.

----------

Anyone know what's up with public events? It seems like Bungie reverted the hotfix from two weeks ago that made them much more common (and simultaneously nerfed the ascendant drop rate for gold). Before yesterday, devil walker PEs on Earth were 100% spawn. Yesterday, devil walker was at best 50%. This morning I've been all over Earth for more than an hour following the schedule and have not seen a single fucking one of any type.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone know what's up with public events? It seems like Bungie reverted the hotfix from two weeks ago that made them much more common (and simultaneously nerfed the ascendant drop rate for gold). Before yesterday, devil walker PEs on Earth were 100% spawn. Yesterday, devil walker was at best 50%. This morning I've been all over Earth for more than an hour following the schedule and have not seen a single fucking one of any type.
The website I use occasionally shows that the walker event has a low chance to actually happen to begin with. There are some events that have a 90% chance to happen. That walker event has less than 50% chance to spawn. But I guess you missed the note saying that events aren't gaurenteed to spawn.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Not sure what you mean. Bringing double arc is the correct answer for this week's nightfall. Only someone with an Ice Breaker should have any other element equipped. There aren't enough centurions in the strike to bother otherwise, and the void shields on psions are so weak that even a Suros can take them off quickly.

----------

I seem to be getting the material drops the same, if not more, than the per-nerfed version. Could've just been some good RNG (since this game is one of the RNG-kings)