Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Can I get some expert opinions on Sunbreakers? Are they required for Sunbros? As a flithy casual 27 I only just started messing around with my other subclass and I'm wondering if its worth it to spend 13/15 coins to get. I see fewer and fewer Voidbros nowadays so I'm wondering if its time to switch and what role Sunbreakers might play in that. I already have normal epic gloves in case that matters.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Can I get some expert opinions on Sunbreakers? Are they required for Sunbros? As a flithy casual 27 I only just started messing around with my other subclass and I'm wondering if its worth it to spend 13/15 coins to get. I see fewer and fewer Voidbros nowadays so I'm wondering if its time to switch and what role Sunbreakers might play in that. I already have normal epic gloves in case that matters.
I use them, they make your grenades so long to me its pretty legit/totes worth.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
The Light Beyond Nemesis is the best item for Sunsingers, but the gloves are definitely second. There is a lot of utility to the solar grenades that most don't understand (Column has made mention of all of them on previous pages). If you're in danger, throw a nade on the ground ontop of you or your fireteam, mobs will stop beating on them. Basically, they are great at crowd control. They also do quite a bit of damage, however, they need to maintain being inside the radius. Since the grenade maintains an AoE pulse, any mob that gets hit once by the AoE is ignited (if you use the class pek for that), perfect synergy with Viking Funeral.

A lot of people want the chest because it reduces cooldown times when Radiance is active. This sounds great and all, HOWEVER, during raids, nightfalls, pvp, you want to be able to revive yourself instead. So basically, it goes wasted because you need to maintain your super energy to use Fireborn for a "what if" scenario. Basically those people just want to throw 11 grenades out (spray and pray kinda thing), they do not care about utility/support and surviving...

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
The Light Beyond Nemesis is the best item for Sunsingers, but the gloves are definitely second. There is a lot of utility to the solar grenades that most don't understand (Column has made mention of all of them on previous pages). If you're in danger, throw a nade on the ground ontop of you or your fireteam, mobs will stop beating on them. Basically, they are great at crowd control. They also do quite a bit of damage, however, they need to maintain being inside the radius. Since the grenade maintains an AoE pulse, any mob that gets hit once by the AoE is ignited (if you use the class pek for that), perfect synergy with Viking Funeral.

A lot of people want the chest because it reduces cooldown times when Radiance is active. This sounds great and all, HOWEVER, during raids, nightfalls, pvp, you want to be able to revive yourself instead. So basically, it goes wasted because you need to maintain your super energy to use Fireborn for a "what if" scenario. Basically those people just want to throw 11 grenades out (spray and pray kinda thing), they do not care about utility/support and surviving...
Thanks for the feedback both of you. I ended up getting them and so far I am not disappoint!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Well, when you use Radiance to revive, you can still toss grenades around like a boss. The Light helm buffs Stength / melee atk speed, kinda meh. Revive faster is nice though, plus its the best looking helm. =)

Edit: Has anyone been able to use both Hard Light and Suros Regime? What is your opinion on them?

Column_sl

shitlord
All the exotic warlock armor is lackluster.

Fast revive isn't even a factor, so that helm has awful stats, and mods.

The gloves have a lot of int, and fast reload. IMO they are the best , but it's like voting for the president whatever you pick it will still be shit.

Could be worse tho, you could be a hunter and be entirely useless in the game.

Erie_sl

shitlord
... or you could be titan and be useless in both raids and pvp. Though hunters do seem to have been stealth nerfed a week ago with being unstoppable during their ultimate, at least they're possible to kill. Either way, they're still the best PVP class with the warp.

Column_sl

shitlord
Uhh Titans are very useful, at least they bring something to the raid.
If you have a hunter on hard mode you are just carrying him.

PVP in this game is a joke. There is no ranking system, no rewards, no leaderboards, no clan play etc
So Hunters being good at the parlor game is pretty much like they don't exist.

Going forward Bungie will need to fix both specs of the Hunter class, and Voidwalker.

Voidwalker is the easiest to fix just make their energy drain be a projectile like the Hunters knife. They still won't be close to a Sunsinger, but at least it will increase the warlocks flexibility when reviving isn't that big of a deal.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Titans always seem to be top of the of the list for me. They are pretty damn powerful in control. I play a hunter and it is one of the most pain in the ass classes when it comes to using a super (blade dancer) If I get into a group of people it's awesome but trying to get there is the pain in the ass part. I don't know how many times I've gotten the first guy thinking "yea! They're done! To have a Titan herpderp body slam me and 2-3 other team mates within a 10-20 yard radius it seems. 1 hit kill aoe is a pain in the dick when you actually have to select your target and take them out.
Im currently playing a hunter and IMO they feel off/weak sometimes compared to the stuff I see other classes pull off. I am leveling a warlock currently to understand them more and when I'm done with him I'll start the Titan.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
... or you could be titan and be useless in both raids and pvp. Though hunters do seem to have been stealth nerfed a week ago with being unstoppable during their ultimate, at least they're possible to kill. Either way, they're still the best PVP class with the warp.
Umm an extra 30% damage from Titan bubble, that is nothing to scoff at.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
As a hunter, I'm definitely inclined to agree with Column. The most useful part of my kit is being able to revive teamates....if I can stay alive.

spronk

FPS noob
i've played titan and warlock extensively (both 28, both rank3 in crucible/vanguard) and i can say there is little difference between the classes, its really your weapons that make up 90% of gameplay. for solo play warlock is slightly better due to self rez in fuckups in nightfall, solar nade spamming being really fun in pvp, and blink being a really cool/fun mechanic for void. for group play titan is really good since the bubble is a must have for raiding, its a super generator for others and 30% dmg boost buff is crazy. You could do hardmode raid I think with 5 titans and a lock or 4 locks and 2 titans, dunno if you could really do it with that many hunters?

titans are pretty lame in PVP, while fistbro mode is fun at first any good player will shotgun you long before you get into melee range and the run mechanics in the game are super annoying. titan shoulder charge requires you to be running for between 2 and 5 seconds to charge, any longer than that and you lose the charge. and of course if you stop running there is a 2 or 3 second internal cooldown before you can run again, so you are flailing around mashing down the most awkward run command and usually die. the melee titan super is probably the second most fun after bladedancer, both warlock supers are kinda lame (wish self rez wasn't tied to it).

titan jump is also the best, its rocket boots so you have really good control where you wanna go for exploring weird areas.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Hunter has a lot of neat tricks that just aren't that useful because of how the game is tuned. Surviving is MUCH more important than damage output in most cases, and the Hunter supers just aren't useful enough in PVE. Arc Blade is decent for clearing swarms IF you can get them all and not die in the process, but it's such a gamble. We're actually squishier than Warlocks since they can self-res, whereas if a Hunter takes a risk in a fight he's relying on someone else to stand him up.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hunters in raids are no different than a level one toon with a gun due to how we cant do shit with our supers besides golden gun which wont always 1 shot a mob or 2 shot depending on enemy shield. Fuck even if you can shoot off 4 you will just do enough dmg to take out a heavy hitting mob and give a piddly amount of orbs in return.

Dont even bother using bladedancer in raids unless your purpose is to fuck over ppl and make them have to res you. The grenades are also a mixed bag of fucks. The trip mine is usually the best option but if the mob is close to you when you chuck it then hes going to take you with him.

I dont see Bungie fixing anything involving Hunters any time soon, they are too busy polishing up the content that didnt come with the release to use it as DLC.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I did 3 more Queen's Wrath today. First one was Queen's Robe #7. #8 was my first hood (It was Disc + Strength but I was happy with it). #9 was a second hood (this time INT + Disc so I was super happy with that one). No Sniper Rifles or ships but that second Hood saved me 150 marks and was a nice upgrade for me (pushed me to level 26).

If I can stomach grinding out 3 Walker kills (I know about the one that spawns in Cosmo Patrol) I can try for a 10th shot at a Rifle but I'm happy that I finally got the stupid hood. I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but after getting Robe #7, I ranked the Queen's faction up to Rank 1 and then got back to back Hoods. Probably a coincidence but it was something I noticed.

spronk

FPS noob
i like farming the queens wrath stuff while watching TV n stuff (smaller TV on side, muted) and out of probably 30+ riksis kills i've gotten 28 hood/chests, 2 snipers, 0 ships. on the plus side its totally mindless - i use my ice breaker to snipe him to 20-50% health while he is coming out, then either machine gun or super him to death

re: 3 walker kills, if you can get 2 friends or even randoms all with the same bounty, stand next to each other on a kill (either level 8 strike or devils walker public event in cosmo) and you will get triple count and 1 shot the bounty. also works for the 3 public events gold bounty.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ive never been through so much pain as replaying this terrible story for a 3rd time. You realize just how tired of the missions repetitiveness you are until you are doing this shit for your 3rd character just to do the raid 3x a week because there is nothing else to do in the game.