Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
definitely not yearly. COD has 3 or 4 different studios working on it just like Assassins Creed, and each takes 2-4 years to make a new version. We'll see at least 4 more DLCs (first two covered by season pass), if nobody is buying the DLCs then they may rethink what they wanna do with destiny 2 but if they sell well they'll probably stick with that model. Activision said they have had 9.5m user accounts created (is that copies sold? or individual characters?) but I think its gonna be a situation like Battlefield 4 or SWTOR : everyone bought the game cuz of the hype, but people will be very wary of future paid DLCs and sequels. I already bought season pass but doubt I'll buy any more DLCs unless they are insanely loaded with real content.

only played Advanced Warfare for 2 or so hours so far but man, while its fun to hate on COD it just blows Destiny away in pretty much... everything. Whoah, leaderboards! Weapons that are actually vastly different but so far doesn't feel like one weapon is must use. Having to choose abilities which are different. Insane variety of character customization. omg I can voice chat with my team in PVP! It is still extremely fast TTK and mostly corridor combat, but just all those little things that are missing so badly in Destiny.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Had a major shield guy fall into the fort today when I was trying to do the nightfall, was bullshit

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Found the perfect cheese spot for the tank part on the nightfall. If you are facing the tank to the left is that tree. There is a major rock out cropping that sits just above the tree. You can climb up the hill and get to that rock outcrop. Once up there it is a huge flat surface. I just moved to the front and unloaded ice breaker, then moved back to the back edge of the rock and all his shots either went over my head or hit the front of the rock but wouldn't damage you. Plus from this spot it gives a great vantage point on all 4 of his legs to shoot at. Did this mission 3 times tonight and the tank got destroyed in no time. I will try and post some pics to give a visual of what I am talking about.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Found the perfect cheese spot for the tank part on the nightfall. If you are facing the tank to the left is that tree. There is a major rock out cropping that sits just above the tree. You can climb up the hill and get to that rock outcrop. Once up there it is a huge flat surface. I just moved to the front and unloaded ice breaker, then moved back to the back edge of the rock and all his shots either went over my head or hit the front of the rock but wouldn't damage you. Plus from this spot it gives a great vantage point on all 4 of his legs to shoot at. Did this mission 3 times tonight and the tank got destroyed in no time. I will try and post some pics to give a visual of what I am talking about.
I actually found a spot further back that you can jump way up high and snipe, and he doesn't shoot back at all. I took a video of it and I'll try to upload it later today

DMK_sl

shitlord
Hey guys I'm REALLY keen to see this raid. I've added my tag in the right place but I was hoping more people would kindly add me my tag is D--M--K on the PS4 have mic good team player.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im pretty sure it was held back in some aspects, dont be dense, bro.

Meh, people hate on this game, but its pretty well done IMO. The backbone of the game is sound its just lacking content at this point. Like any other fucking MMO. I just began to play like 2 weeks ago so I might be where you guys were like a month ago, but Im still enjoying the shit out of it and cant wait to play. There is just something gratifying about a mmofps.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there some sort of a pattern the gunsmith follows for when and what rares he sells? I need 10 fusion rifles for a bounty, but my work schedule only lets me check the gunsmith twice a day. I haven't seen him sell a rare fusion rifle yet, so it's going to take me forever to get the 6 more I need from engram drops.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It WAS held back, but not by console architecture. It was held back by editorial mandate in order to milk expansions. I have fun with the game but don't be dense in thinking that its issues are hardware related.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is there some sort of a pattern the gunsmith follows for when and what rares he sells? I need 10 fusion rifles for a bounty, but my work schedule only lets me check the gunsmith twice a day. I haven't seen him sell a rare fusion rifle yet, so it's going to take me forever to get the 6 more I need from engram drops.
Keep an eye on r/destinythegame. They usually post when fusion rifles are on sale. I think the pattern is one every 3 days but I can't remember. It just sucks when the sale goes on at like 2am on a Tuesday.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It WAS held back, but not by console architecture. It was held back by editorial mandate in order to milk expansions. I have fun with the game but don't be dense in thinking that its issues are hardware related.
I think the texture limits and such of the 360 and PS3 must have had some effect in terms of things like max 16 characters in the Tower and some of the ludicrous loading screens. I read somewhere that the Xbone and PS4 could have easily dynamically cached the necessary textures to all but eliminate the loading delays but they didn't want to risk too much version forking and so restricted themselves to the least common denominator.

Now all the missing content is 100% editorial fiat, no question.

DMK_sl

shitlord
To say old generation didn't hold back is simply false. It wasn't the only factor but definitely did contribute.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I like the game but the communication options are just fucking awful to the point where I wind up soloing the weeklies because I'll start them just to see how far I can get while messaging people to join, but I won't get their reply until ten minutes after I get the notification that I've gotten a message, or I'll try to join on someone in progress and it just won't go through, and you can't even send a chat in-game ffs. I should be using DestinyLFG, I know. I'll use it for my heroic weekly tonight since its trivial anyway, but I'd prefer to VOG with you guys. We just need a better way to coordinate these things for those of us still interested in playing. (and with WOD out in a week, lol. I'll still kick around in Destiny for my FPS fix - it's replaced Battlefield as my "I feel like shooting things today" game)

From the start I was supposed to have a friend that was going to hard-core play this with me, but he wound up married to his xbox crew and now COD is out. He's trying to get the rest to come over to PS4 but they refuse.

Oh, tip for soloing the tank if you are limited in secondary ammo: Use sniper to blow out the rear legs first. It's much easier to hit the front with your primary/heavy.

Final boss just has to not be a cunt with positioning when he gets low. Helps if you have self-res when you need to make him move, heh. Early on I didn't use the crates, I used the left side ramps to head glitch him (run from rockets)

And his pattern seems to change if you aren't solo so if someone does join watch the fuck out. When Sarthis came in the guy went bonzo on me for a minute, heh. But then it was retarded easy because one person could just play emergency res while the other sniped from near total safety in the nest. (Valus did fuck us on position a few times. But we were ballsy because lol, double self-res)

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I think the thing that we are all so frustrated by with this game is that there is no doubt that the "bones" of this game are awesome. Yet decisions were made to dumb it down and this applies to both the hardware capabilities and the content. This game could have been a masterpiece and defined a new genre. We all enjoy playing it obviously since we do play as much as we do, it just would be better if there was more to play.

Bungie is really dropping the ball. They have been very silent the last few weeks and that is starting to be concerning for me for how the future of this game plays out. There are a TON of bugs in the Atheon raid that need to be addressed ASAP to make that content not as frustrating as it currently is. The fact they went ahead and and "fixed" the sploit with Atheon and haven't even mentioned fixing the bugs that make that raid unbearable is a crock of shit.

Get it together Bungie, you have the opportunity for an amazing game here.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'd say the game peaks at 28 and stressing about getting 30 could be a real problem for many. It seems to become "how much do I really want to do Inferno 6 when I'm having fun enough at Inferno 1"

That said, I do have to eat crow a bit because I enjoy the game more than I expected. But I have a XIM, heh.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah me too Kreug. For some reason I just cannot do the two thumb shuffle. Belive me Ive tried, but failed so hard. So this game made me go out and get xim4 and I fucking love it.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm still having a blast and still need to run 2 vaults on regular this week. Easier to just see if I'm in a sony chat room and say heyo than it is to rely on the messaging system.

We won't be getting CoD. I'd really like to keep destiny as my fps fix until Planetside 2 launches on the system.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm still having a blast and still need to run 2 vaults on regular this week. Easier to just see if I'm in a sony chat room and say heyo than it is to rely on the messaging system.

We won't be getting CoD. I'd really like to keep destiny as my fps fix until Planetside 2 launches on the system.
Dec 31, or so they say!