Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Did you try to cheese it solo? I know it takes a while, but totally doable if you have a couple of hours to spare :/

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I hate to admit it, but I just got my filthy warlock to level 25. I know it's a pain in the ass without any burns this week, but is anyone willing to do a charity nightfall run before the reset?

I'll be on around 1:15pst for an hour and a half or so, or later on tonight (~9:00pst).
I can run you through the nightfall. Just hit me up when you get on.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Did you try to cheese it solo? I know it takes a while, but totally doable if you have a couple of hours to spare :/
Soloing the level 28 nightfall at level 25 sounds about as fun as a visit to the dentist.

Thanks for helping out, Savage. How amazing that I got an exotic piece for the class I was playing. Warlocks.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
4 fucking chatter white from 5 Atheon kills now. It really needs to be a random chance to get that as an extra loot, in no way should a shader take your raid gear drop

Just another artificial bullshit "RNG" mechanism to slow progress

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
4 fucking chatter white from 5 Atheon kills now. It really needs to be a random chance to get that as an extra loot, in no way should a shader take your raid gear drop

Just another artificial bullshit "RNG" mechanism to slow progress
Hehe in protest I keep them all in my mailbox. I think Im up to 6 chatterwhite shaders now rotting away. And yeah, that should be a "bonus" item, not take up loot slots (and tbh, so should the crafting mats, fuck raiding to get 3 shards instead of a weapon or armor. Getting duplicate armors/weapons we can deconstruct into the mats would make it feel better).

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Chatterwhite seems to be in its own loot table. So for every atheon kill you will 100% get one of the following items: Shitterwhite, generic ship#19 or the speeder.

I've never once gotten the Shitterwhite, 1 speeder and the rest have been the ships.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Seems as a resonable assumption, still its horrible that the endboss even has a chance to only deliver mats

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I have 82 shards, 56 energy, 0 raid armor, 1 raid weapon (twice), 4 chatterwhites, exotic chest that I'll replace with helm if motes/xur ever put out, and Truth that I bought from Xur.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looking for a weapon recommendation. Currently am using a Shadow Price. Have enough coins saved to buy Icebreaker next time Xur offers it. My special and heavy weapons are blue. I have 150+ Vanguard marks saved, so what weapon would you recommend I buy next from the Vanguard merchant? Was thinking maybe one of the scout rifles? I also am in the middle of finishing Bad Juju and Pocket Infinity exotics. I know Shadow Price is good, but is it good enough that I should sit tight, save my marks, and just wait for something to come along once I start doing Nightfall and raids?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm a big fan of the a.1f19x-ryl scout rifle if you decide to go that route. As long as you have all of the armor you need first

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looking for a weapon recommendation. Currently am using a Shadow Price. Have enough coins saved to buy Icebreaker next time Xur offers it. My special and heavy weapons are blue. I have 150+ Vanguard marks saved, so what weapon would you recommend I buy next from the Vanguard merchant? Was thinking maybe one of the scout rifles? I also am in the middle of finishing Bad Juju and Pocket Infinity exotics. I know Shadow Price is good, but is it good enough that I should sit tight, save my marks, and just wait for something to come along once I start doing Nightfall and raids?
Assuming you have the armor I'd buy a 150 rocket launcher or heavy machine gun. Keep doing the dailies / weekly and by the time Xur pops again you should be able to afford multiple drops. I still haven't seen a heavy raid drop.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Assuming you have the armor I'd buy a 150 rocket launcher or heavy machine gun. Keep doing the dailies / weekly and by the time Xur pops again you should be able to afford multiple drops. I still haven't seen a heavy raid drop.
Yes I have legendary vanguard in each armor slot, and voidfang exotic chest. If I buy a heavy weapon it would be a rocket launcher (although I want to eventually buy Gjallarhorn from Xur). Wasn't sure if best use of my coins would be to stick with Shadow Price and buy a launcher/sniper or change out Shadow Price to some sort of legendary scout rifle.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm a big fan of the a.1f19x-ryl scout rifle if you decide to go that route. As long as you have all of the armor you need first
Thanks Ritley. I was eyeing that one too. I prefer scout over auto, so if it stacks up comparably I'd use it over Shadow Price.

spronk

FPS noob
don't blow tokens on primary weapons until you have icebreaker, gnarlyhorn, legendary sniper, rocket launcher, and machine gun (and shotgun and fusion rifle if pvp'er). IB is a must buy and the top thing you should save up for. after that you want void machine gun for VoG (chews through minotaur shields) and void rocket launcher. after that you want a set of arc and solar sniper/heavy for the nightfall rotations. you also need to upgrade all of this to 277 (300 for hm vault) so its a lot of time invested.

shadow price is just fine for 90% of the content, only thing better will be a VoC and a Atheons Epilogue (both from atheon in VOG) so you can clear VoG faster. There is no real reason to swap out shadow price with another primary weapon until you get VoC/AE, the differences between it and stuff like a hand cannon (devil) is trivial and more or less unnoticable.

it makes everything much faster if you have a full set of purple gear you can swap to for the weekly burns, and use ice breaker as an ammo regen tool. then you situationally swap in stuff like gnarlyhorn when specific bosses call for it. For VoG you pretty much are always running VoC/AE, ib+fusion/sniper, gnarlyhorn/void machine or rocket. Maxxed to 300 makes it much easier for the group.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Did VOG Normal today (love days off). I picked up:

Warlock Gauntlets
Warlock Bond: Fragment of the Prime
Sniper Rifle: Praedyth's Timepiece
Auto Rifle: Atheon's Epilogue
Chatterwhite #2

So how did I make out? I've been playing around with Epilogue and I want to level it up to lower it's recoil but, overall, I've never been a fan of the storm bolter type auto rifles. It does have Void Damage on it which is nice though. Same with the Sniper Rifle, I like the element bonus but Ice Breaker just seems better overall. Both should help on void burn weeks though.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Praedyth's also has virtually 0 recoil. So fights like templar where you have a limited time to shoot, it can end up doing more damage (6 crit shots vs 2-3 maybe?). It's pretty beastly.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Is there a vanguard void machine gun or is it a random property? I'll need something when I don't want to use Truth in that slot.