Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

HUH_sl

shitlord
So they doubled the RNG? First you have to get the item, then you have to hope Xur is upgrading it that week?

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Only if you're trying to upgrade something you bought before the DLC, right?

I had my first ugh moment tonight. Just got a ps4 a week ago Monday, and have pretty much only played destiny. Bought my first legendary item (boots) 2 nights ago because the ones I had sucked worse than everything else I was wearing. Did the daily heroic right after work at level 24 and got my first ever legendary reward. You guessed it - boots...

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I was going to go with Gjallahorn and Icebreaker, but Juju and Monte Carlo are, uh, weapons too

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
So what exactly would be the point in playing for the next week before the DLC comes out? If all the legendary gear is going to be out classed by new legendary gear in DLC and any exotics you unlock perks on are getting reset seems like a total waste of time.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ya, I decided to take a break for the rest of the week more or less. No reason to level up any gear since you will be trading in anyways.

But the raid weapons will still be good for nightfalls if nothing else. Supposedly no raid primaries outside of hard mode, which isn't until January. Even then, does anyone know what the damage difference will be between 323 and 300 attack?

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still worth grinding out strange coins though, probably Vanguard marks too if you're not already at cap.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So what exactly would be the point in playing for the next week before the DLC comes out? If all the legendary gear is going to be out classed by new legendary gear in DLC and any exotics you unlock perks on are getting reset seems like a total waste of time.
Just finished HM raid, which means I'm done with everything important (weekly, nightfall). Got crap of course. Only thing worth doing now is possibly getting 10 bounties completed and ready for turn in, but I probably won't take the 45min to even do that.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Well, I'm done with this game, 3+ days of my life wasted upgrading relics that need to be reset in order to max.

... Not to mention, you'll have to do it every 3 months. Fucking Joke.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well I guess there is no point in leveling up my exotics anymore if I have to trade them in and start over. Good thing that info came out, my Suros was almost maxed out and I was going to blow coins on a shard this weekend to finish Suros off. As mentioned above, I guess I'll just stockpile coins and vanguard marks until the xpac hits next week.

Went for flawless raider again today (once), flawless up until gatekeepers when one of our players got stuck inside a portal and it closed. so annoying, of course we went on to clear it with only that death. After we all made the jumping puzzle i checked my damn blood pressure and it was 142/92! Damn jumping puzzle can give you a heart attack when going for flawless.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Went for flawless raider again today (once), flawless up until gatekeepers when one of our players got stuck inside a portal and it closed. so annoying, of course we went on to clear it with only that death. After we all made the jumping puzzle i checked my damn blood pressure and it was 142/92! Damn jumping puzzle can give you a heart attack when going for flawless.
I would say it will be easier at 32, but the hard parts have nothing to do with mobs killing you

I would say it will be easier at 32, but the hard parts have nothing to do with mobs killing you
4 attempts = 3 deaths

Attempt 1 = Jumping puzzle death
Attempt 2 = Jumping puzzle death (noble savage, to be fair he timed his death with another guy exactly)
Attempt 3 = We went to orbit and that apparently counts as a new raid. (Cleared Atheon anyway)
Attempt 4 = Guy bugged going through portal and got trapped inside. (Cleared Atheon anyway)

So yes, you are correct, no deaths to mobs. Unless being level 32 helps people jump or fixes the buggy portal we will nail it next attempt at 30.
smile.png

I have not died in the past 4 attempts at least.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Existing exotics should just have more level ups added to them, starting over is fucking retarded. Add to that the fact that you can only get XP for one at a time AND how fucking slow it is, I wouldn't want to bother for anything other than Suros, Icebreaker or Gjallahorn. (none of which I own)

Even more annoying, you want a primary exotic leveled up for the hard mode raid because 32 weapons only drop from the hard mode. But of course I trashed my primary exotics because none were worth using over VOC anyway. God dammit.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I really don't think the attack makes that much of a difference, especially for normal mode. I think you will be fine using current raid primaries until you replace them with hard mode ones

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah this is a fucked change. What they should of done is just leave the current exotics as is, let us find new ones, along with new legendarys. Or like kreugen said, add some nodes at the end, instead of having to re-level the entire thing from the beginning. Its not like the curent ones will be worthless. Im sure 300dmg weapons like gallahorn and icebreaker will work just fine vs lv 30 mobs( like they do right now) But whats even more fucked up is the countless people that already upgraded their exotics fully after the last patch, only to find out that they just wasted all that effort and exotic shard. It would of been nice of them to tell people WTF they were planning.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Oh and a list of current currencies/mats/cockblocks in game....

Glimmer,

Strange Coins,

Motes of Light,

Ascendant Shard,

Ascendant Energy,

Radiant Shard,

Radiant Energy,

Exotic Shard,

Vanguard Marks,

Crucible Marks,

Vanguard Commendations,

Crucible Commendations,

Vanguard Reputation,

Crucible Reputation,

Dead Orbit Reputation,

Future War Cult Reputation,

New Monarchy Reputation,

Am I missing anything?

Oh yeah.

Spirit Bloom,

Relic Iron,

Spinmetal,

Helium Coils

Hadronic Essences

Plasteel Whatever

Sapphire Wire

Weapon Parts

spronk

FPS noob
the destiny treadmill

QG6lX6W.gif

the funny thing is its almost 100% guaranteed bungie is going to reverse some of these changes (the MMO life cycle), but not until mid january or later and then all the 24x7er's are gonna be even more pissed at having done a bunch of work no one else will have to do.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
the destiny treadmill

QG6lX6W.gif

the funny thing is its almost 100% guaranteed bungie is going to reverse some of these changes (the MMO life cycle), but not until mid january or later and then all the 24x7er's are gonna be even more pissed at having done a bunch of work no one else will have to do.
Yeah thats what I see happening. Better off just keeping the way they have it right now and let people cry themselves out. I just dont understand why all the need for all this grinding in a non-subscription based console title.

All they realistically need to do is introduce new weapons/armor/shoulderpads/hats/vanity type shit from time to time and people will gladly re-grind current content to get them. It boggles the mind.