Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
the destiny treadmill

QG6lX6W.gif

the funny thing is its almost 100% guaranteed bungie is going to reverse some of these changes (the MMO life cycle), but not until mid january or later and then all the 24x7er's are gonna be even more pissed at having done a bunch of work no one else will have to do.
100% agree.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
4 attempts = 3 deaths

Attempt 1 = Jumping puzzle death
Attempt 2 = Jumping puzzle death (noble savage, to be fair he timed his death with another guy exactly)
Attempt 3 = We went to orbit and that apparently counts as a new raid. (Cleared Atheon anyway)
Attempt 4 = Guy bugged going through portal and got trapped inside. (Cleared Atheon anyway)

So yes, you are correct, no deaths to mobs. Unless being level 32 helps people jump or fixes the buggy portal we will nail it next attempt at 30.
smile.png

I have not died in the past 4 attempts at least.
Funny thing is I have run through the raid 3 times since then, done the jumping puzzle the exact same way, jumped from the same disappearing platform at the same height and landed in the same spot and never lost a bit of health. Go figure.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the 25k glimmer cap is complete horse shit. Why put a cap on it if it's not exchangeable, to make you limit the grind on their time. Assholes. You can't even grind 25k on 3 characters since the pool is shared.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Well, after giving it some thought, I don't really care a whole lot about the reset. Getting the necessary glimmer for 3 chars will be pretty damn annoying but the only real exotic I use in PvE is the Icebreaker, and since the Vex is already upgraded, I don't have to worry about that either. Don't think I'll be able to upgrade Suros in time for IB on the 16th but I doubt very many can given the outrageous glimmer cost of this shit. Just won't be upgrading shit anymore, and will stick to my usual weapons.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I gotta say, going from PS3 to PS4 is jaw dropping. Feels like a completely different game. Graphics are so much better and the sound seems more detailed too, if that's possible. Love it! I'll start adding you PS4 players this weekend (PSN sarthek)

sarthis_sl

shitlord
I was kind of hoping they'd give Xur the ability to upgrade exotics on this pop so we could work on getting something re-upgraded by the time the DLC launches...

I was *really* hoping I'd finally get my Gjallahorn...

Funny thing is I have run through the raid 3 times since then, done the jumping puzzle the exact same way, jumped from the same disappearing platform at the same height and landed in the same spot and never lost a bit of health. Go figure.
Attempt #5 for flawless raider.

The way we failed today you would think god himself was trying to thwart us.

So we make it to gate keepers, no deaths, clear both gates, killing the last minotaurs, friend jumps up to ground slam with relic, as he hits r2 instead of the ground slam he shoots............. a rocket, killing himself. the relic vanished just as he hit r2 (assuming because we killed enough minotaurs). I can't even imagine another possible way the destiny gods could have robbed us from that trophy.

I'll give it one more shot tomorrow.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Attempt #5 for flawless raider.

The way we failed today you would think god himself was trying to thwart us.

So we make it to gate keepers, no deaths, clear both gates, killing the last minotaurs, friend jumps up to ground slam with relic, as he hits r2 instead of the ground slam he shoots............. a rocket, killing himself. the relic vanished just as he hit r2 (assuming because we killed enough minotaurs). I can't even imagine another possible way the destiny gods could have robbed us from that trophy.

I'll give it one more shot tomorrow.
That's pretty funny.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I would like to see someone who knows how to handle online grind games get put in charge of this game. Bungies current suit who heads the project seem to have zero clues as to why people play these games and work his damnest to fuck things up over and over and over again.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker from Xurs loot table. Those are definitely game changing weapons and Destiny doesn't seem to be in the mood these days to provide useful tools to the player base that might speed up their trip through a questionably low amount of content.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker from Xurs loot table. Those are definitely game changing weapons and Destiny doesn't seem to be in the mood these days to provide useful tools to the player base that might speed up their trip through a questionably low amount of content.
Yep. Ice Breaker in particular, simply, breaks the game. Infinite ammo on a high precision, hard hitting, weapon allows you to solo stuff that would, normally, be extremely difficult (if not impossible).