Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So you make new characters to run the same missions, so you can get loot faster, so you can stop playing sooner?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Because for every class you add you add 100% more grinding. For every duplicate you add about 10%, which is doing the fun stuff like raids and nightfalls.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Titans are probably the strongest class right now. Why would you not make a Titan?
Like was already said, regearing another class kinda sucks, especially with what they did with shards this go around. It's not feasible to have 3 classes get to 32 in any reasonable amount of time

Plus Titans are not the most powerful. Warlocks will be back to the best when hard mode comes around and they are the only class that can Rez again

spronk

FPS noob
Having 2 or 3 of the same class is actually awesome for a casual player, it saves you a ton of grinding and bad RNG. For example you have to first build a set of light-31 vendor gear, you can hand-me-down that to your 2nd char once you start getting raid pieces on your main and never have to swap armor around. You can double or triple fast level up new gear by doing bounties and just swapping gear, lets you try out new gear sets pretty easy.

Since there is so little difference in classes it really makes little difference just minor things like jump patterns, your super, and whether you have invis, self rez, or a bubble that can blind enemies. If you like to play solo a lot I definitely recommend going all warlock, the self rez is clutch in stuff like nightfall or HM raids.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well I was stupid and rolled 3 different classes. But I have plenty of hand me down lv 31 stuff I scored, plus the helmets I got from xur. So now I have lv31 warlock, lv 30 titan and 29 huntard. But both huntard and titan can get to 31, I just need to level up their shit.

Im not really in a hurry this time around. As long as I can do the weeklies and nightfalls with the others, than all is good. Soon the next DLC comes in 2 months and all this shit will be reset again, so why even bother rushing, when they will be probably handing out light level 38 (or whateverthefuck) stuff soon from vendors.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Titans are great, but definitely not for Fist of Havoc. Unless you just go Rambo 100% of the time, Defender is the optimum choice for PVE and PVP. Bubble, weapons of light, and blind helmet are all amazing. Put on armor in bubble and Helm of Saint 14 and you're a thunder dome God in PVP (until supered) and a real god in PVE.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I could sit here and list the pros and cons to each class and explain as to why. From their jumps, to their melee's, to their supers. I can only come up with two reasons to play a warlock. Their melee is twice the range as a hunters/titans. And self res. If you never die, that self res becomes worthless. And if your constantly needing to melee in a raid, you're doing things wrong. I'd prefer a group of 4 defender titans all using saint-14/glasshouse and 2 random schmoes versus 4 warlocks all saving their super for self res. Defender titans that know how to use their bubble are 1000x more useful than any warlock self res could hope to be. Plus providing 30% increase damage to the entire group is far better than any super could be.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have three of each, but play a lot with fourth, who has 3 warlocks. He'll be level 32 at least 2 weeks before one of mine are.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
I need your suggestions/opinions. I recently got Thorn, and I love it! I think HC's are awesome/fun! Previously I used VoC exclusively. Great little Scout Rifle. I could play for hours with the VoC. Recently, due to an injury I received in the military, my hand and arm hurts so much I can only play for about an hour or so. I think it is the constant trigger pull that is limiting me. SO, what auto-fire weapon should I use/attain? I have SUROS 2.0, but I am not a fan mostly due to the bad press. I have heard that Edilon Ally isn't that great either. What do you guys think? Is there a gun out there that I am not thinking of?

spronk

FPS noob
I need your suggestions/opinions. I recently got Thorn, and I love it! I think HC's are awesome/fun! Previously I used VoC exclusively. Great little Scout Rifle. I could play for hours with the VoC. Recently, due to an injury I received in the military, my hand and arm hurts so much I can only play for about an hour or so. I think it is the constant trigger pull that is limiting me. SO, what auto-fire weapon should I use/attain? I have SUROS 2.0, but I am not a fan mostly due to the bad press. I have heard that Edilon Ally isn't that great either. What do you guys think? Is there a gun out there that I am not thinking of?
you may wanna talk to your doc about it, pretty sure if your arm hurts after an hour of doing something the doc is going to tell you to NOT DO IT. so may wanna look into using a voice system or something until your arm gets better or just not play destiny at all. i know a lot of voice command systems are out there for PC (natural speaking, dragon, etc) but i don't know of any for consoles.

i cheesed through crota twice today, one full run and one crota only kill. also 3x first chest, got a dragons breath and the 4 horsemen shotgun out of it so its definitely worth running the first chest on all your chars, for free shards if nothing else.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
you may wanna talk to your doc about it, pretty sure if your arm hurts after an hour of doing something the doc is going to tell you to NOT DO IT. so may wanna look into using a voice system or something until your arm gets better or just not play destiny at all. i know a lot of voice command systems are out there for PC (natural speaking, dragon, etc) but i don't know of any for consoles.

Thank you for your concern. Its nerve damage that has already been surgically repaired as best as they can do it. Auto Fire weapons, like the VoC were fine. I did not encounter this until I got Thorn and used it.... a lot (such a fun weapon!). Anyways, I think I will use SURO 2.0 until I find something better. I may even try The Last Word. I was looking for other suggestions that I might not have considered.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I need to level up a second character just for free chests if nothing else. I seem to get nothing but shards from the crota chest every. Single. Time.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thank you for your concern. Its nerve damage that has already been surgically repaired as best as they can do it. Auto Fire weapons, like the VoC were fine. I did not encounter this until I got Thorn and used it.... a lot (such a fun weapon!). Anyways, I think I will use SURO 2.0 until I find something better. I may even try The Last Word. I was looking for other suggestions that I might not have considered.
Get a Mythoclast.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Posiedan, if you are a big fan of handcannons, get The Last Word if you ever see it on Xur. Basically a full auto handcannon, just hold the trigger and point. It only has 8 rounds, so run a reload perk/buff if you can, but I enjoy it a lot. In crucible I have 0 issues 1 on 1'ing anyone with that gun, and if you are a tricky sort, 2 on 1's are cake. Disclaimer, YMMV, especially if you can't aim for shit, I've seen a friend try to use the same gun with little to no effectiveness because he can't hit anything or precision damage at all. That being said, it is a good gun for newbs, if you aren't in IB, roughly 4 handcannon shots anywhere is a kill and Last Word lets you put 4 shots on target damn fast.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I need to level up a second character just for free chests if nothing else. I seem to get nothing but shards from the crota chest every. Single. Time.
Join the club, I have yet to get an exotic out of a chest, either from VoG or CE