Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
yeah every tue you can solo the first chest, just spawn into the raid and check the first door if its there loot if not die to thralls and try again (no need to go to orbit or anything). on your first run you can also all jump to your alts when you get to the second chest, although the second only contains shards/energy.

3x raid today, got the black hammer finally and enough shards to hit 32 so all thats left is a helm and a gallerhorn and i'll be done until the next dlc. don't really care about hard mode, i'm sure it'll be cheesed to fuck within 24 hours of bungie releasing it

Xevy

Log Wizard
Got my 2nd jellyhorn from a PVP match today. Sharded it.

Looking forward to the nightfall taking about 6 minutes.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You could solo all but Crota at level 30. You should be fine at 30 for Crota too with a group

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
You could solo all but Crota at level 30. You should be fine at 30 for Crota too with a group
Seriously? I really need to read up on how to do both raids. I just hit 31 and if I can solo a lot of it for chests, then I need to get going on that!

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Seriously? I really need to read up on how to do both raids. I just hit 31 and if I can solo a lot of it for chests, then I need to get going on that!
At 30 you can solo Crotas End up to and including the bridge for fast loot if you are a warlock. If you are not a warlock you can solo the first part and loot (running in the dark with the lamp things).

Xevy

Log Wizard
At 30 you can solo everything up to It Your, chests included, as any class.

Got my 4th raid piece today. 4/4 with sword breaker/ light of the abyss in 3 crota kills. I've beaten the game!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
At 30 you can solo Crotas End up to and including the bridge for fast loot if you are a warlock. If you are not a warlock you can solo the first part and loot (running in the dark with the lamp things).
Don't have to be a lock. Just run up and activate the bridge, the run to the very back of the middle tower and jump on those crates. It should trigger the other side to spawn

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
At 30 you can solo everything up to It Your, chests included, as any class.

Got my 4th raid piece today. 4/4 with sword breaker/ light of the abyss in 3 crota kills. I've beaten the game!
I've gotten all armor on 2 classes except for helm, and the only weapon I still need is black hammer

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
That's actually really disappointing. I really liked VOG but it sounds like Crota's End is a joke except for Crota himself. I did grab the first chest though. Got shards and the warlock armband.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
What level will I end up if I take the time to fully upgrade all my shit that has 33 max light with a 36 max light exotic hat?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Cool. Still need new gloves, is it possible to solo the questline mob on earth (Urzok?)? He wrecked my butt when I was level 26.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
He can be soloed but is easier with others. I've only seen him during the war and its hard as hell since there's so much shit going on. Pull out Murmur and switch it to arc damage and focus on him. Once the shield drops, he goes down fast but his shield is a bitch to pop.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
My warlock is 32. Hunter has all the gear to hit 32, just needs 54 more shards and for me to actually grind the gear up. Titan can hit 31 when I stop slacking.

I run my titan / hunter through the dark by letting a buddy agro the shit and run behind him then use the second lamp to explode up over the wall. The trick is to make sure you're getting knocked up and out, Not just out. I've never managed the shrieker chest without 4, but once we get him we all cycle alts for that one specific chest, then skip to the crota check point. In 2 hours we did 4 complete raids. I haven't had to do the no loot wizard part in about 2 weeks.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Fucking It Yur is the worst and hardest part of the raid. Mostly because it's much harder to cheez and I only do it with 2 other people. Also partly feels that way because you get 0 loot.

You can do shrieker chest with jellyhorn pretty easily. Start with rocket on it. Jump platforms sticking up from ground (little pillar things). Fire at next. Book it via long high jumps. Avoid exploder near the pit. Hop the pit. Book it into the room. Works well with a Titan because you can bubble blind shit if needed to avoid shrieker blasts.

We also determined that it's most likely during the hard mode raid that you HAVE to kill the Oversoul during the Crota fight. Mostly assuming this because all the armor gives you buffs during oversoul, but you can very easily avoid ever triggering it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
My warlock is 32. Hunter has all the gear to hit 32, just needs 54 more shards and for me to actually grind the gear up. Titan can hit 31 when I stop slacking.

I run my titan / hunter through the dark by letting a buddy agro the shit and run behind him then use the second lamp to explode up over the wall. The trick is to make sure you're getting knocked up and out, Not just out. I've never managed the shrieker chest without 4, but once we get him we all cycle alts for that one specific chest, then skip to the crota check point. In 2 hours we did 4 complete raids. I haven't had to do the no loot wizard part in about 2 weeks.
Me and Noble did it with us 2. Really just snipe the first shrieker, run around until the explosions go away and then run to the second one, jumping and rocketing. The door won't start closing until you are entering the drop down room, unless you mess around too long

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
As a Titan, I'm not sure what to use for my exotic weapon. I have the gloves that increase heavy ammo drops and reload speed of special weapons, and a gjallahorn. I also have the revive faster + faster auto rifle reload and a near maxed out suros. I'd use a legendary auto rifle but the only ones I've seen have been the shitty high rate of fire ones

spronk

FPS noob
the only exotics you should carry around are gallahorn, ice breaker, thorn, and vex mythoclast. rest are all trash you keep in the bank. mida and red death are minorly useful for parts of CE - mida lets you ignore thrall run area debuff until x10, red death lets you heal against crota if you are cheesing him (cant pick up chalice if cheesing).