Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I gave lamps a few tries last night after the patch on my warlock and noticed the same thing, but the video I saw had a warlock doing it, so it's possible, just need excellent timing i guess.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Only took about 20 motes to get a field scout void sniper this time!

Still have like 90 left, wish jolders hammer was on IB this week

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I gave lamps a few tries last night after the patch on my warlock and noticed the same thing, but the video I saw had a warlock doing it, so it's possible, just need excellent timing i guess.
Think it's more luck than anything. I've watched those videos and I'm pretty sure they just get lucky with the timing of the weight tick

spronk

FPS noob
Warlock lamp jump. Uses radiance mid air since the animation causes you to keep going in the same direction while it is running.
ah thats a good trick, i'll have to try that. yeah i couldn't do it on my warlock yesterday either, was really just doing it to screw around since its pretty easy finding full raids early in the week to clear and at this point the only thing i really want is a warlock helm from crota to round out armor sets

by the way for whoever was asking whether its working buying destiny, its $30 at best buy this week ($24 with gcu) and you can also find new digital codes for like $20 on ebay and shit because so many bundle packs were sold over the holidays. i'd buy just the base game and try it out, if you like it can upgrade to digital later. in sept i'm pretty sure a new version will be released that includes all the DLCs plus a new xpac (that won't be free) so can wait till then too

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I just need titan boots (I actually like their exotic helms, so I'm not worried about acquiring a raid one) and hunger of crota. My warlock is already 32 with a full raid set.

Got all my destiny stuff done within a few hours of reset, 4th pure strength chest piece wtf. It also rained exotics today, id say we had about 12 drops in three clears.

Looking forward to hard mode soon, hope they fix the rest of the cheese though, makes legit kills feel rewarding.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got all my destiny stuff done within a few hours of reset, 4th pure strength chest piece wtf. It also rained exotics today, id say we had about 12 drops in three clears.

Looking forward to hard mode soon, hope they fix the rest of the cheese though, makes legit kills feel rewarding.
What other cheeses? The only thing I really know of is the jump up from the rock during lamps

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Is running IB without a premade team an exercise in futility? I really want one of those legendary sniper rifles because I'm still rocking a blue one. I heard someone mention you needed to be Rank 3 before they'd start being awarded after matches, any truth to that? I don't see anything about a rank requirement in anything official. Or can I just lose match after match by myself and keep my fingers crossed?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I did IB last time with never having a premade. I played enough to finish the bounties each night and was rank 5 by Friday or Saturday.

Just be sure to get the buff every day

As long as you don't get really long losing streaks (5+), you should be fine

Xevy

Log Wizard
Try to play IB during non-prime hours. Kiddies and old farts without teams. Also if you do every bounty each day it takes ~4 days to max rep.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Try to play IB during non-prime hours. Kiddies and old farts without teams. Also if you do every bounty each day it takes ~4 days to max rep.
That seems to fit with my experience. Would probably only take 2 days if you do it Sunday and monday

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah IB grind is not that bad. That buff gets stronger and stronger every day until next mon when its like +150%. And yeah that sniper and the scout rifle you should grind for and hope they drop for you. Also it sure seems like the odds of dropping for you definitely grows as your ranks increase. I got the fusion rifle, the scout, and a ship last time.

I find IB to be a fun excursion from doing the normal stupid daily shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also for IB I'd save my motes until the last day. You can never be too sure what you'll get from drops and don't be a dummy like I was and blow all your too early. I rolled my fusion rifle like 20x before realizing I should've bought two snipers and rolled at least one with field scout for PVE and another one with last round for PVP.