Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
is the Vex Mythoclast end all be all to primary weapons? As in..if I have it (and it IS the upgraded one) I should be using it? I feel like I'm running out of ammo super fast all the time

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Honestly just make it so you need to be a certain level to do matchmaking. Nightfall and weekly need to be lvl 30, raids need to be 31, hard mode need to be 32. There. Basically, if you can queue its because you've already done it and gotten gear from it.
That's overkill, matchmaking should be available the second you unlock the missions. If you get a bad group, you get a bad group, that's a risk you take with random matchmaking.

spronk

FPS noob
it's so dumb how people on destinylfg demand max burn-appropriate weapons or 31+ for nightfall groups. remember when there was no 30+? people managed just fine. how am I supposed to get the right weapons without getting a chance to run the nightfall at least a few times? that being said, I found two great fireteams last night to run nightfall and weekly heroic with my 30 hunter and 31 warlock. scored a hawkmoon on the first run, so that was pretty sweet
smile.png
mmo rule 101: lie your ass off. nobody ever checks anything unless you are wiping over and over on something, so just happily claim you have all arc weapons and clear nightfalls with ease. the only time this will fail is in hardmode raids, where not having maxxed out gear and weps will usually end up in a few wipes and then a bunch of yelling

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
is the Vex Mythoclast end all be all to primary weapons? As in..if I have it (and it IS the upgraded one) I should be using it? I feel like I'm running out of ammo super fast all the time
I prefer VoC. Also in PvP, any map that is somewhat opeb, I dont use Vex.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only time I prefer Mytho is during spray and pray type situations, especially with solar. For controlled shooting I prefer vision for distance or Fatebringer for close to medium range.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
it's so dumb how people on destinylfg demand max burn-appropriate weapons or 31+ for nightfall groups. remember when there was no 30+? people managed just fine. how am I supposed to get the right weapons without getting a chance to run the nightfall at least a few times? that being said, I found two great fireteams last night to run nightfall and weekly heroic with my 30 hunter and 31 warlock. scored a hawkmoon on the first run, so that was pretty sweet
smile.png
People are just retarded and don't understand how the game works. When fighting level 30 mobs, being higher than level 30 offers no appreciable benefit.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
People may be retarded but it's just like MMOs. With random groups, people just want the path of least resistance. They want to "stack" the deck as much as possible so the run goes as smooth and as fast as possible. Is it right? Yes and no are both correct answers. Just depends on your perspective.

But the person above me who said "lie through your teeth" is actually pretty good advice. Just watch a few youtube videos so you know what to do, and you should be fine. Just don't admit fault, stay quiet on wipes, and you'll get through. If you get kicked, just find a new group. With VOG being so old, people expect others to know it and don't want to take the time to teach it. Even Crota's End is the same way and it's much newer.

For Nightfalls, just watch videos of people soloing them. The same solo tactics used in the video are, generally, what groups are also using to beat it.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Since we're on the subject...

Earlier today I was looking to knock out VOG Hard for the week on my Warlock for more chances at Jelly Horn (no luck...). There were several LFM advertisements along the following "LFM for VOG Hard. Must be level 30 with Jelly Horn. No scrubs." Yeah... That's a bit excessive.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
People may be retarded but it's just like MMOs. With random groups, people just want the path of least resistance. They want to "stack" the deck as much as possible so the run goes as smooth and as fast as possible. Is it right? Yes and no are both correct answers. Just depends on your perspective.

But the person above me who said "lie through your teeth" is actually pretty good advice. Just watch a few youtube videos so you know what to do, and you should be fine. Just don't admit fault, stay quiet on wipes, and you'll get through. If you get kicked, just find a new group. With VOG being so old, people expect others to know it and don't want to take the time to teach it. Even Crota's End is the same way and it's much newer.

For Nightfalls, just watch videos of people soloing them. The same solo tactics used in the video are, generally, what groups are also using to beat it.
What I am saying is for level 30 content being level 31+ doesn't actually make it any easier

Erie_sl

shitlord
They're delaying this hard mode way too long. Next expansion will be due before they fix the exploits and release it leaving the guns worthless.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
They're delaying this hard mode way too long. Next expansion will be due before they fix the exploits and release it leaving the guns worthless.
Yepp. Their inability to make raids that do not allow the players to solo them is hillarious. Maybe they should just do "tank and spank" fights until they learn how to do mechanical fights that do not have loop holes, as in a blown up version of the Take out the target public event.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yepp. Their inability to make raids that do not allow the players to solo them is hillarious. Maybe they should just do "tank and spank" fights until they learn how to do mechanical fights that do not have loop holes, as in a blown up version of the Take out the target public event.
I think they did a good job with VoG. Yeah, there were some chesses like pushing bosses of ledges, (which should of been rudimentary to fix, add invisible rails for bosses or some shit) but overall, it was a pretty good and fun designed raid which still took a full team to do unless you were like MLG leet status and even then you still needed two people. I dont know WTF happened this time around. Its like Bungie is getting dumber. Fucking hire some experienced raid encounter designers from some other established mmo houses.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The entire schedule is asinine. Resetting gear and weapons every 3-4 months? Yeah that will work out for them. Im 31 still on my main and 30 on my alts and I can say that I have like no will to grind all of them to 32, along with all the guns and shit to have the reset switch be hit in less than 2 months and then do it all over.

Yeah its great you want to be like Blizzard and have your reset DLC/ Expansions, but blizzard does it in one giant poop of major content, like a new game every 2 yrs, not adding 1 raid, 2 stories, in 3 months time.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The entire schedule is asinine. Resetting gear and weapons every 3-4 months? Yeah that will work out for them.
It's going to work out fine. The short timeframe makes it funnier that poopsockers make 3 of the same class to try and gear up faster. Unless you're trying to get world firsts, there's no point at all.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
It's going to work out fine. The short timeframe makes it funnier that poopsockers make 3 of the same class to try and gear up faster. Unless you're trying to get world firsts, there's no point at all.
Dunno how you figure that. I have one of each class and play one night a week and can now get lvl 32 on all 3 chars. This means I have nothing to do until the end of march except getting some new main weapons in hardmode. They need to realize that their "expansion" (I kid you not, that is what they called this content patch) should include at LEAST one new planet, 5-10 story missions, 3+ strikes and a raid or two. Calling this pittiful content that came with Crota an expansion or even a DLC is pathetic.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Maybe my impression of the game is different because I'm a Christmas noob. Last DLC's I paid for were overpriced Mass Effect packs, so $20 for everything in the Crota I thought was a decent deal. Its longevity was probably lessened if you were already 30 when it dropped but I haven't even seen Crota's End yet. Only one character at 30 with over 75 hours play time I'm just not seeing how people are saying this game content is lacking. This isn't an MMO, it's Halo Borderlands. I can't even imagine how much more time I'll need to put in to get all of the exotics and shit on one character, much less three.