Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well lets jut put it this way, if they expect me to relevel my exotics for the 15% damage boost next DLC in march,(by doing same fucking bounties over and over) Bungie can eat a dick, im out.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't even gotten my prefered exotics upgraded yet. Icebreaker is my only 331 exotic maxed out. I still prefer the 300 primary VoG HM weapons.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe my impression of the game is different because I'm a Christmas noob. Last DLC's I paid for were overpriced Mass Effect packs, so $20 for everything in the Crota I thought was a decent deal. Its longevity was probably lessened if you were already 30 when it dropped but I haven't even seen Crota's End yet. Only one character at 30 with over 75 hours play time I'm just not seeing how people are saying this game content is lacking. This isn't an MMO, it's Halo Borderlands. I can't even imagine how much more time I'll need to put in to get all of the exotics and shit on one character, much less three.
Quite a few of us still play nightly if you don't have a regular group yet for weekly events shoot me a PM. (My wife is only 30, but I have 3 31+s that still need those done)

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Venir, I have a few hours to play tonight (which is unusual for me on a weeknight). I need to do crota and atheon still. I'll keep an eye out for you guys but hit me up for whatever if you see sarthek on.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Maybe my impression of the game is different because I'm a Christmas noob. Last DLC's I paid for were overpriced Mass Effect packs, so $20 for everything in the Crota I thought was a decent deal. Its longevity was probably lessened if you were already 30 when it dropped but I haven't even seen Crota's End yet. Only one character at 30 with over 75 hours play time I'm just not seeing how people are saying this game content is lacking. This isn't an MMO, it's Halo Borderlands. I can't even imagine how much more time I'll need to put in to get all of the exotics and shit on one character, much less three.
Ah yes, then I sorta understand.

My position is diffrent. I entered the game a week after release, got into a large clan and had everything possible to get from VoG 2+ weeks before the patch released. After the abyssmal failure of Crotas End where you (like in VoG) said "fuck this noise" after completing the raid as it should be played and started to exploit it took less then 3 weeks to get fully geared out. If you have a large clan and most of them are competent players you can even do 3 runs of Crota in a night even if you skip exploiting now due to that everyone who is not bringing his 3rd alt is already lvl 32.

But as others have posted; If they decide to increase light level and weapons AGAIN in march it is begining to be rediculous. Now, I understand that they need to put in reasons for people to keep playing, but the mindless grind for yet another armor set that gives you a slight upgrade is not the way to go in my opinion. They need to slow the fuck down with the level creeping and give us armors and weapons that are diffrent, not just "better". Same goes for weapons. There are tons of ideas on their forums regarding tweeks and twists on weapons that could be implemented as an option to just slap on 15% damage boost and be done with it. Having to go from BIS stuff to trash every 3 months will suck and turn away a lot of people.

Once you get a really great item it should last you a good while, not be replaced in a week or two. This also brings me to the incredibly dumb exotic system. WHY are we limited to one exotic weapon and one armor part? As it stands now, if you have Ice Breaker or/and Gjallarhorn you are done. There is no other exotic weapon out there (I am talking PvE now, no clue whats best in the CoD-clone play) that you will have room for once you start using those two. Sure its fun to collect, but in pure efficency you can not beat those two.I would love to use my Multi-tool or SUROS but going into a strike or raid I can not defend the loss of DPS/efficency of them. Added to this is the problem with the ammo bug. If I switch gear from Gjallarhorn to an legendary rocketlauncher to use the Multi-tool in a fight, then switch back afterwards to the Gjallarhorn, I suddenly go from 8 rockets to 1 or 2. This leads to me not being willing to switch around weapons during runs.

Faize_sl

shitlord
If anyone has room, im looking for 1 or 2 full crota runs this weekend. Normal group is MiA. 32 lock with full upgrade gjall, ib, all the good stuff. add me on ps4 faize4986 with a time if anyone has a spot.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You lucky SOB's that haven't had an IB yet. Here's your chance. Buy 5.

Destiny > Xur Full List 1/16 | Forums | Bungie.net

Items:
The Glasshouse- Titan Helm, Intellect 113/122 - 13 SC
Aclyiophage Symbiote - Hunter Helm, Discipline 104/112 - 13 SC
Obsidian Mind - Warlock Helm, Intellect 49/53, Strength 50/54 - 13 SC
Ice Breaker - 17 SC
Exotic Shard - 7 SC

Upgrades:
Aclyiophage Symbiote
Lucky Raspberry
Crest of Alpha Lupi
No Backup Plans
Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Light Beyond Nemesis
Bad Juju
The Last Word
Plan C
Pocket Infinite
Thunderlord
Gjallarhorn

Consumables:
Scout Rifle Telemetry - 1 SC
Hand Canon Telemetry - 1 SC
Shotgun Telemetry - 1 SC
Plasma Drive - 23 SC
Stealth Drive - 23 SC

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Good week from Xur for me.

I bought the Titan Helmet and the Warlock Helmet. I also bought a backup IceBreaker so I don't have to keep switching my first one around. My Warlock can now hit 32. I just need Shards to upgrade my other pieces of Crota gear to do so.

For the most part I agree with Faith. The gear resets are incredibly annoying. I JUST finished maxxing my Warlock out when Dark Below hit. Right now I'm on track to max my Warlock out again in early February but that will all get reset in less than a month. I also don't care for Crota's End. Vault of Glass was actually really well designed in my opinion. At least when it wasn't being cheesed hardcore. But Crota's End just seems bland to me. Partly I think it's a style choice of trying to represent a swarm style raid with the Hive. But I also they're rushing things out too quickly and quality is suffering as a result. And while I can't fault them for having exploits in at release, they needed to whack those moles a lot faster. Finally, Hard Mode is coming out way too close to the next expansion. The gear from it simply doesn't matter because we're replacing it all (presumably) in a month anyway.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I actually don't mind the encounters in Crota's End. I'm thinking lamps and bridge with both be fun on hardmode. The whole Ir Yut encounter still feels unfinished/weird even with loot added to me though.

I agree with the gear reset sentiments. I only have 2 characters (2 titans) so hitting 32 was relatively easy for me. The hard part will be getting raid gear without str. They should have really made HM raid drops a teir higher than vendor/normal mode gear and inbetween normal/hm of the next raid, or something so there isn't a complete annoying gear wipe every dlc.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Honestly the armor resets don't really bother me that much. It's the exotic weapon resets that piss me off. It makes it insanely hard to level them up because you can only equip one and pretty much everything outside of bounties doesn't give weapon exp

I think their only mistake with that was making vendor gear higher light than last raid gear. Make it equal or lower

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, are they really selling Icebreaker? I didnt thin they would EVER sell that again, considering how game changing it is. People logging in must be down or some shit. I know I have not logged in for a week now.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I finally got around to doing CE this week. Holy hell, was it brutal with former cheesers. Wiped to lamps and bridge multiple times. Had another 32 besides myself in the raid and couldn't down Crota. Got him in another group which was actually competent. I am not looking forward to getting a second run done this weekend.

At least before they fixxed cheeses, retards who couldn't do the fights would just leave when it a group said they were doing them the designed way.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IMO they should of left crota at 30, and then raise the levels for House of Wolves to 32 or even 34. They dont need to give people more grinds every 3 months. They need to give people more new cool loot to strive for and they will happily grind themselves. Imagine if they added 3-4 new raid primaries to VoG? A new set of armor with unique perks. 10 more exotics of different flavors... Even with the abysmal drop rates people would be flocking there to get the shit. Now you have more guns to get, a few sets of lv 30 armor to switch in and out of depending on the situation. and instead we get lv 32 crota gear, the ONLY 32 gear, and a few mostly useless guns.

Also it pains me to say but the Gjallerhorn and the Icebreaker should of been nerfed a long time ago. They are totally game changing weapons that should not exist in the manner they exist now. Just being truthful and honest. But instead of squashing that shit a while ago, they let it ride and basically making every other exotic a distant third outside of some niche pvp weapons or useful exotics for nighfall burns. Like was said by faith, its nice to collect them but 3/4 of them are fucking useless bank space takers, which is another beef of mine, why the fuck dont they expand the bank slots? It only fucks over people wanting to collect shit.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
I'm definitely ready to see what hard-mode is going to bring, but if I had one more week I'd probably be in better shape to finish it. I could get my titan up to 32 right now by upgrading one of raid helmet/gloves that I currently hope to replace as soon as I get copies with better perk rolls. My other two classes will be stuck at 31 for at least another week of normal-mode, though. Hopefully I can at least get up to Crota on my 31s for more chances at shards/armor.

Honestly, I'm not super surprised to see Xur selling Ice Breaker again. It was on his inventory well after Bungie knew it was a gamechanger, and I wasn't expecting that would change even after the world count increased from the last sale. It even managed to avoid a few swings from the nerfbat. I'm pretty sure they just don't care. I've also seen four Ice Breakers drop this week, and I often see that happen right before Xur has an item in his inventory.

Gjallahorn on the other hand... I'm never expecting to see Xur have that again. I've given up on getting a lucky RNG drop for myself, but have seen several drop post-DLC. Unfortunately, the drops=Xur observation above did not work the last two weeks. Side note: seriously, who hasn't already upgraded their old Gjallahorn by now? It's almost sadistic to put that up for upgrade so many times when we know he won't sell the item itself.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Icebreaker finally! Now I feel like I can be ore useful to you guys when we group up for stuff. Debating buying 2 so I don't have to swap, but I already swap gear so would make sense to save some coins just in case Xur has Gjallahorn next week! (one can hope right?!)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got a 300 Gjallahorn a few weeks before Crota hit from a nightfall. And I got the new 331 one from that first crota chest before it got nerfed this week on my lv27 titan, lol. Its the icebreaker that Ive had no luck on.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
If you have the coins to buy a second then it wouldn't be a bad idea to go for it. For awhile now Ice Breaker was the one weapon that always made me have to go to the tower to swap between characters. I play three different classes, though, so swapping armor isn't something I do. That being said, you'll be able to get duplicate sets of upgraded armor much sooner than RNG will bless you with a second Ice Breaker -- just something to consider.

Even if Xur somehow popped with Gjallahorn next week, you should definitely be able to earn enough coins next week to buy (at least) one.