Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm going to hold off on Normal to get double chance at weapons for HM.

I ended up using most my shards on subpar gear for my hunter, but the gear and shards are going to be plentiful in HM, and you will have nothing else to use them on

spronk

FPS noob
it took me about 15 hours to hit rank 5 in IB over the past few days and it feels a bit of a waste, not even sure why i did it. got 2 ships, sniper rifle, and bought 2 of the hand cannons (to reroll them). the hand cannon is meh, its not bad and i guess it'll get better after i unlock field scout and outlaw but I don't honestly find it an insanely better gun than sat rapier, which you can just buy for 120 marks. blew like 50 coins so far too just rerolling the perks, never quite getting the perfect combo of field scout/outlaw/crowd control.

I doubt i'd grind IB again, rewards don't seem worth it unless I guess you don't want to raid at all and only PVP.

also i suspect bungie has gone overboard in tuning HM crota and barring new cheeses I think/hope most groups won't be able to kill it the first week. i'm probably wrong, but it would be cool if so.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Iron Banner weapons, for the most part, are designed to be PVP weapons. The only exception to this is maybe a good 331 Gheleon's Demise (which didn't drop this round wtf), a good Erideet's Spear, or a Jolder's Hammer. The pistol is a 2 shot kill in PVP, but is garbage in PVE. You might as well use almost any legendary HC or of course Fatebringer because Arc damage and it's exclusive Firefly perk.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
also i suspect bungie has gone overboard in tuning HM crota and barring new cheeses I think/hope most groups won't be able to kill it the first week. i'm probably wrong, but it would be cool if so.
I think we will see new exploits the same day, farm status from next week forward.

My guess is suicide bombers with shields in the first part, possibly more knights. Second part also will probl. have something to do with shields (Bungie loves shields!), and Crota fight will possibly get a gatekeeper mob and oversoul pulsing or somthing like that.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
I think my plan is to clear up to Crota normal-mode on Tuesday on at least a couple of characters, so I can get missing armor pieces to hopefully get them to 32.

Definitely going to save Crota for hard-mode for better chance at primaries, though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think my plan is to clear up to Crota normal-mode on Tuesday on at least a couple of characters, so I can get missing armor pieces to hopefully get them to 32.

Definitely going to save Crota for hard-mode for better chance at primaries, though.
I just want to make sure that Crota will be the only one dropping primaries before I do that. I know that's how normal CE worked, but Not how VoG worked

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm hoping to knock out a regular CE today on my Titan. Finally hit 31. I need to start funneling Shards over to my Warlock. I'm a bit scared of the quality of PUGs being the last day of a reset
tongue.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Got the Thorn bounty over the weekend and I can see why people complain about the pvp part... My only void weapon is a 232 sniper and it sucks balls. Played five or six games and I'm at like 17/500.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
what class? I got the thorn bounty on friday and knocked the whole thing out in one day. I bought obsidian mind, switched to voidwalker, and used a void fusion rifle. I am by no means a skilled PVPer, but a few hours of control got it done.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Void sniper/fusion and void machine gun should power you through it pretty fast.

I think it took me 7 or 8 matches. I know in one match I got like 125 points. And this was on a hunter, so no void super or grenade

Lenas

Trump's Staff
what class? I got the thorn bounty on friday and knocked the whole thing out in one day. I bought obsidian mind, switched to voidwalker, and used a void fusion rifle. I am by no means a skilled PVPer, but a few hours of control got it done.
Hunter. Normally I would agree that it doesn't seem so bad, but like I said, my only void weapon is a sniper rifle. If I had a fusion rifle or a shotgun I feel like I could have knocked it out in one sitting.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
I just want to make sure that Crota will be the only one dropping primaries before I do that. I know that's how normal CE worked, but Not how VoG worked
Good point -- I was just assuming that is how it was going to work. That would make Crota's loot table pretty big, though... normal-mode table +- new ship +- new shader + primaries

I suppose there is no harm in waiting until Wednesday and running HM on one 32 -- would give me an opportunity to judge how difficult it may be to get my 31s through most of the raid.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Wouldn't the weapon drops be a separate roll on any of the CE encounters? Meaning even if you cleared normal mode you would still have the same chance of getting a weapon drop off the second HM specific roll?

Column_sl

shitlord
If it works like VOG, then you have double the chances per every encounter to get HM loot.

That's why you've seen people get double fate bringers, double helmets off Atheon etc.

If you are trying to maximize your chances at primaries then you ignore Normal Mode.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I snuck in one last Crota's End run. Bridge can still be cheesed but, for us, it would have been faster to do it the right way after a lot of trial and error to learn just where certain people need to spawn to not trigger things.

There's also an exploit to get into the Deathsinger's Room and either stand on the roof or top of the crystal and not get hit by anything. So one person does that (it might be on Youtube, I haven't looked) and the rest pull the Wizards and kill the Shriekers as normal. Then when the Deathsinger becomes killable, the person in the room can blow her up with no risk.

At any rate, I'm probably another week out from hitting 32. I only needs Shards to get there but I'm still a few short and not even halfway through Rank 3 of Eris. I figure by the time I do hit 32, the kinks of Hardmode will be worked out though.

vynde_sl

shitlord
it took me about 15 hours to hit rank 5 in IB over the past few days and it feels a bit of a waste, not even sure why i did it. got 2 ships, sniper rifle, and bought 2 of the hand cannons (to reroll them). the hand cannon is meh, its not bad and i guess it'll get better after i unlock field scout and outlaw but I don't honestly find it an insanely better gun than sat rapier, which you can just buy for 120 marks. blew like 50 coins so far too just rerolling the perks, never quite getting the perfect combo of field scout/outlaw/crowd control.

I doubt i'd grind IB again, rewards don't seem worth it unless I guess you don't want to raid at all and only PVP.

I did the IB grind back in VoG. It was a quick way to hit 30 (I think only the gloves had +36 light this time around) and I like int+disc so it worked out well until I got 4/4 VoG armor. Otherwise, I sit out.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
How should I go about grouping with those who are on my friends list? Do I just blindly invite you or join you or something?

I got to 20 rather quickly and shelved the game for a few months. Last night I went from 20.x to 23.75 in one session - so I'm looking to do the 22 and soon the 24 stuff, but most of the people on my friends list are like 29-32. Do I just pub it up until I'm the right number? I've got about 20 years of FPS gaming experience and I've played MMOs since Meridian 59. I mean, I don't have a magic gun or anything yet but I like to think I'm not functionally retarded. Maybe I'm wrong.

spronk

FPS noob
the easiest thing to do is back out to PSN menu, create party, and invite to party. that usually is an indication to someone that you want to group up for something, and it doesn't interrupt whatever they are doing in game so they can chat with you about what you guys wanna do. nice thing about party on PSN is you don't even have to be on friends list, can just invite by PSN id (easier to find if on friends list) so you keep your friends list small.

this is on PS4, dunno what to do on xbox

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If you see someone doing a nightfall or weekly or something like that and the group isn't full, just hop in. If they are waiting for someone else they will just say that the spot is taken and you'll have to leave, no hard feelings. 90% of the time they will be glad for the extra help.

For anything else check and see if there is a party going with people in it, if there is hop in and ask what's going on and if they need another. If there isn't you can create your own and invite people to see if they want to get something gojng